Found something incredibly annoying that killed MY fun immediately. Strats Needed

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Just so you guys know, that combo can be done until 1 character KO.

Last edited:

Cla

Standard Donor
I actually found this Momiji 6PKK Rachel T 9P loop day 1 and was sitting on it so as to delay the tech. It is really dumb, but that's what you get for playing tag team.
Yeah... I'm kinda in this same boat and have not been saying anything about it because I really don't want to see it patched. Every team combination has stupid damage Tag combos...

...Don't take away my team's combos just because no one else wants to take the time to learn their team's big combos.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
It was the first tag team combo I tried. Seemed obvious to combine a ridiculously high relaunch with a relaunching airthrow. Easy 200+ damage.

Chapstick

Yeah... I'm kinda in this same boat and have not been saying anything it because I really don't want to see it patched. Every team combination has stupid damage Tag combos...

...Don't take away my team's combos just because no one else wants to take the time to learn their team's big combos.
I don't know if I'd use that video as an example. Those are actually entertaining to watch with the variety of moves put to use. If I could memorize and do that Kasumi/Ayane combo instead of my lather rinse repeat one, I probably would.

Sidenote- how many of those combos do you think still work in 5U with all the changes? I might actually try that Kasumi/Ayane one.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Well, it's really that we don't know what answer you want. That's just the game. You CAN'T do anything after they launch you. You just have to eat that damage and guess on wakeup. Only way to prevent it is to launch them first and do an equally big juggle on them so that they die before they can do anything. That's tag team.

Reactions: Cla

dramic91

If that's the problem, why has it taken 3 pages to just tell me that?

To clarify, are there any guaranteed ways to avoid that last 2K Rachel does or is it actually untechable? And if it is untechable, do you have any tips for "guessing better", I suppose? Any strategies to employ after being teched from 2K that would be better than simply guessing?

Chapstick

This is a bad mentality to have that I see from a lot of non-hardcore fighting game players. You're not supposed to do stuff because "it looks cool", you're suppose to do whatever works and nets the most damage.
You used a video TN put out to literally showcase flashy juggles while arguing against flashy gameplay.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
You can tech backwards, but she'll still be like +10 after she whiffs the kick. Can't be helped. Just guess between mid and throw.

dramic91

I answered your question to the best of my abilities, and wasn't being condescending at all. But it seems like it was ignored because you were too focused on D3v.

I'm sorry that you feel I'm a douchebag.
By the way, you're probably the only person to really directly answer my question and it was pretty helpful now that I reread it, so thanks, I really appreciate it!

Cla

Standard Donor
To clarify, are there any guaranteed ways to avoid that last 2K Rachel does or is it actually untechable? And if it is untechable, do you have any tips for "guessing better", I suppose? Any strategies to employ after being teched from 2K that would be better than simply guessing?
If it's possible to avoid Rachel's 2K stomp at all, the only way is to Safe Roll. (in some combos, it's avoidable. In others, it's not. Just always try to get the Safe Roll since you have no reason to not try) If you are caught by it, then I'm sorry but you are forced to play a guessing game next. If you guard standing, you can get thrown into air combo into another 2K guessing game. If you guard crouching, you can get launched with her 214P and end up in another 2K guessing game. Rachel needs this cause the rest of her tools leave her very helpless. She's the kind of char that has a hard time getting a hit in, but when she does, it's her turn to shine.

You used a video TN put out to literally showcase flashy juggles while arguing against flashy gameplay.
The point of me showing that vid was to show off the damage, not the flashiness. And also to show off the fact that it was Temco themselves who released this vid, further emphasizing that they blatantly intended for Tag combos to be very big.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I've actually seen Rachel do her stomp to someone that had already tech rolled as they hit the ground. I don't know if it was an online glitch or something TN put in on purpose, but that's hella BS. You tech roll so you don't get force teched or ground attacked but Rachel says "uh unh doesn't matter" and it happens anyway.

As for Rachel's throw combos they're boring and slow as hell to watch so I can't imagine sitting through it for a whole match nonstop. I do the simple juggle with Kas Aya of Kas PKK7K~6P+KKK Aya PPPK Kas PP7K~6P+KKK Aya PPPK Kas PP7K~6P+KKK until the opponent falls but at least that goes by quickly.
If that's the problem, why has it taken 3 pages to just tell me that?

You can tech backwards, but she'll still be like +10 after she whiffs the kick. Can't be helped. Just guess between mid and throw.

Yes, :4::h: tech has no hurt box so can evade the :2::K:, ignoring lag that is. All other techs have a hurt box so the :2::K: tracks. However, if you do tech with :4::h: and she whiffs the hit and would have hit you on the first frame of down frame, she's +11 instead of doing the damage and forcing you up to +15. From there your best bet is to fuzzy guard in order to avoid the mid or the throw mixup.

TheTHCGamer

You don't have to hold back what I recommend is making a friend with a mic and ask them to help you practice against tactics/attacks that are giving you trouble. When I beat an opponent and get hate mail sometimes ill send a message back telling my opponent what I did to win the match. I'll also add to the message what they could've easily done to counter what I was doing.

I don't how holding back helps because most random players you run into wont hold back. So either way your opponent is either going to eventually get better or get so frustrated that they don't want to play game anymore. Its a much better idea to send your opponent a message stating if you ever want to practice let me know I have a mic.

So yea send a friend request and ask the person who beat you if they maybe want to get a room going.

R2Pichu

My good friend, you were trolled
my good friend, tag will prolly always be broken unless its 2 ppl sharing a tag team (unless theyre both in sync lolz)
My good friend, play Solo Dolo n you shall be okay :p

synce

It was the first tag team combo I tried. Seemed obvious to combine a ridiculously high relaunch with a relaunching airthrow. Easy 200+ damage.

200 damage is like the bare minimum anyone should be doing in tag lol I have a 270+ that works on middleweights, doesn't involve Rachel shenanigans either

MrMoon360

For those of you that don't know, Rachel's throw reset is pretty cheap. What makes it annoying is that not all characters have this property, so it makes it cheap in a sort of way. As you know, forcetechs got nerfed, and she's able to consistently utilize this technique or pseudo and potentially reset the whole situation. I imagine its much worse dealing with it AND a tag partner that has some pretty decent relaunch properties.

Don't worry. You'll be seeing Rachel at TFC lol.

d3v

Posts have been deleted.

If you have nothing to help this man as he stated in the OP then please do not comment.
Can we have the thread title changed as well into something less troll-baity. Also, this should be moved to DOA5U System Discussion.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD