Fun Fact: Some DOA4 Outfits Were Designed by Fans

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
So a recent discussion on a terrible Facebook group made me whip out my old Famitsu Xbox magazines and look through them for something regarding one of Kasumi's outfits. I thought it was a fan design but I had confused two different articles from two different issues. The below outfit for Kasumi was indeed a Team Ninja design that never made it into one of the older games.

7174491164_7c65195dff_c.jpg

What I was thinking of was this section from the February '06 issue of Famitsu Xbox 360, where they show off three outfits by fans that did actually make it into the game as well where some other notable fan submissions are published:

7174490074_09a1acc05b_c.jpg
7174488988_fb4237983b_c.jpg

I was really, really anticipating DOA4 so much that I was frequenting a local Japanese bookstore for these issues. Occasionally, someone would snag a month before me so I am missing a few spots unfortunately but c'est la vie.

KwonJigglypuff

Interesting. Are there any other scans or artworks ? Recently I have been looking for artworks and concept art about previous costumes which were not included in games in the whole DOA history.

That Lei Fang costume looks nice. And the one with the English flag on Eliot too. And that costume on Lisa makes me thing about Zafina haha. Nice thread. :)

RoboJoe

Weren't some of the costumes in DOA2U also fanmade? I think Helena's outfit with the shorts and white shoes on black socks was made by a fan for some contest by Tecmo.

TRI Mike

Did Kokoro had sandals on that outfit¿ I seem to remember her wearing boots. Still a nice costume. Too bad she doesn't have it in 5.

tonyz723

We definitely need more costume contests.

That would be so great, now that DLC is such a big deal, and putting a costume into a game after it's been released is no big deal, Team Ninja should totally do this. They had a design your own move contest for DOA5 before it was released after all.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD