Good game, Bad game Online/Offline thread

Brute

Standard Donor
+ 1. When I find one of these: Dashboard. Avoid said gamertag. I might reduce my chances of finding a match by 50% but I'm not fighting those button-mashing lag-abusing post-round-taunting scum twice.

On the bright side: I fought Master Ari on ranked. He won 3-1. I sent him "GG" and he answered "GG very nice". Why can't everybody be this civil? Being beaten like this is a pleasure.
Every time I'm beaten by a legitimately good play, I always send a "gg" their way. I feel like while there are definitely some cheaper attacks/characters, in general when you lose, you lose because you were out-played, not because your opponent had an unfair advantage over you.
That said, I have issues with taunters and particular spammers, though I never harass them. I simply grumble to myself and hope I don't have the misfortune of fighting those guys again.

shunwong

in general when you lose, you lose because you were out-played, not because your opponent had an unfair advantage over you.

I have no problem with losing (I only win 50% of my matches and I'm ok with it). I have a problem with people with horrible connections. I have a problem with playing in severe lag while none of my inputs seem to come out while my opponent keeps spamming attacks. I do not harass them. I just do what I can to avoid them as the game itself doesn't allow avoiding fights.

Brute

Standard Donor
I have no problem with losing (I only win 50% of my matches and I'm ok with it). I have a problem with people with horrible connections. I have a problem with playing in severe lag while none of my inputs seem to come out while my opponent keeps spamming attacks.
That is annoying, but mind you they likely have the same lag problems to contend with. While spamming attacks that abuse lag is BS (Hayate's 3H+K2KP...), I try not to blame them for the lag issues.
That said, taunting is universal bullshit 90% of the time. And certain spammers do need a kick to the gonads (or whatever genitals they have).

shunwong

but mind you they likely have the same lag problems to contend with. I try not to blame them for the lag issues.

I don't blame them. I just do what's in my hands to not play them again. It might be Team Ninjas fault because of the crappy netcode. Whatever it is, I'll stick to people with good connections as far as I can.

Brute

Standard Donor
I don't blame them. I just do what's in my hands to not play them again. It might be Team Ninjas fault because of the crappy netcode. Whatever it is, I'll stick to people with good connections as far as I can.
Dunno about XBL, but on PSN, that's not really an option. I've waited for around 10 minutes just to get a match on ranked before. As they say, beggars can't be choosers.
But I do understand where you're coming from.

shunwong

Dunno about XBL, but on PSN, that's not really an option. I've waited for around 10 minutes just to get a match on ranked before. As they say, beggars can't be choosers.
But I do understand where you're coming from.

Cannot you set users to be avoided on PSN? That's a bitch.

WiZzYx

On the bright side: I fought Master Ari on ranked. He won 3-1. I sent him "GG" and he answered "GG very nice". Why can't everybody be this civil? Being beaten like this is a pleasure.
Master Ari...the best Brad player in the world (sorry chosen1 :p). I would like to fight with him sometime...

AngryWorm

Alright, I have a month of gg's to shout out.

Vervent, Return of the Shadow, AutoAim, Draman Kuritani, Raansu, Nightantilli, Jeffffffffcore, Soulfulnocturne, Lostskelenton73, Rikuto, Harribel, Buddah, London Lust, Blasian, Kodachi, all the guys I've played at T13 and TTT, and one more for that random laggy Jann Free I played against.

DrDogg

I have no problem with losing (I only win 50% of my matches and I'm ok with it). I have a problem with people with horrible connections. I have a problem with playing in severe lag while none of my inputs seem to come out while my opponent keeps spamming attacks. I do not harass them. I just do what I can to avoid them as the game itself doesn't allow avoiding fights.

Welcome to every single game I've ever played in DOA5 online... >_>

Master Ari...the best Brad player in the world (sorry chosen1 :p). I would like to fight with him sometime...

Sorry, but no one can be deemed "best in the world" based solely on a few online matches. That's just straight blasphemy.

Brute

Standard Donor
Sorry, but no one can be deemed "best in the world" based solely on a few online matches. That's just straight blasphemy.
If you really wanna get deep, no one can ever be established as the best at anything.

I think he was just using an exaggeration to compliment a good player. Similar to how you say: "That play was godly," even if it was supernatural/divine in reality.

WiZzYx

GG's to Shade Swifteye, SeiferOO7 and Storm EYE. BTW chosen1 appears from nowhere, play 3 matches and left the lobby. Very funny Brad mirror match between us. :)

Zeo

ggs to NykNyks, CrazySteady and oLeio. First real session with NykNyks since DOA4 and boy was it one. His Lei Fang has such a different feel to it than other Lei Fangs, she just flows.

Crazy's Pai is coming along nicely as well. Don't really see the appeal of that character though, tried her in training and she's just blegh.

DontForkWitMe

GG's to a damn great eliot player on psn by the name of ur_clearly_a_fag its like he plays him exactly like me and shit.

Brute

Standard Donor
GG's to a damn great eliot player on psn by the name of ur_clearly_a_fag its like he plays him exactly like me and shit.
Yeah, I fought him in a lobby once. It was a great match. I put up a good fight, but he won with some impressive juggles.

CrimsonCJ

Good games to Shadow (again!), cetma, NanhouDrops, Gruff757, and Tenryuga. Sorry for the lag when it popped up, and for a few matches where I totally screwed up and somehow won anyway.

Bad games to my new mini keyboard. I must learn how to type on it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD