Good game, Bad game Online/Offline thread

DrDogg

Against Alpha and Helena online I just use Bass. Since it seems all Alpha and Helena players ignore frame data online and just abuse unsafe attacks that for some reason grant frame adv online, I abuse 1PP and its various mixups.

Christie and Leifang are reaching those levels as well. If the SS was better, it wouldn't be as much of an issue, but with Christie you can literally just spam PPPPP and there's nothing you can do about it online other than hope you guess right for a hold and that the hold actually comes out.

ScattereDreams

Against Alpha and Helena online I just use Bass. Since it seems all Alpha and Helena players ignore frame data online and just abuse unsafe attacks that for some reason grant frame adv online, I abuse 1PP and its various mixups.

You tried that in ranked match. Didn't work.

Lei

bad games to excalibur bladez for using alpha online and then thinking hes good...
EDIT: DOUBLE bad games to him because after i sent him a message saying "are you srs?" since he spammed PP2KKK and any other of her danm near impossible to counter attacks (he tried EVERY chance he could to do it) he basically responded with "well i figured since Pai is using garented<-(actual spelling) i thought thats annoying ill show him uncounterable attacks"

when NOTHING i was doing with pai was guaranteed...

No disrespect, but alpha shouldn't even be a complaint. Just rhythm a fast normal inbetween the string of PP ~. Again no disrespect though.

And GG's to Ryujin, And anyone else who played sets with me today.

The amount of salt you dispense in this thread is rediculious.

Jefffcore

No disrespect, but alpha shouldn't even be a complaint. Just rhythm a fast normal inbetween the string of PP ~. Again no disrespect though.

And GG's to Ryujin, And anyone else who played sets with me today.

In his defense, online is kinda, sorta, really bad. It's hard not to get even a liiiiittle salty. Sometimes trying to play seriously even just to practice is like walking into the ocean with a cup and drinking it. Let'im vent.

DrDogg

Alpha's strings are pretty much impossible to interrupt consistently online, especially against someone who actually knows what they're doing. If this were an offline thread, you'd be 100% correct... but online this game is all about who gets the first hit in (blocked or otherwise).

Look at the title of the thread. Pretty sure it has "bad game" in it. You will probably never see me say anything good about online in this game until it's fixed. If you don't like that, feel free to ignore me. That's what the feature is for.

That said, I'm an S- at the moment. As soon as I hit S+ I will no longer play this game online and thus will have no reason to post in this thread.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
You're aiming for a lot more pain and punishment than I am, Doc. I'm good with the A I have. Playing this game online is going to give me an aneurysm before too long.

ScattereDreams

That said, I'm an S- at the moment. As soon as I hit S+ I will no longer play this game online and thus will have no reason to post in this thread.

So not only do you not like online, but you're wasting your own time for some crappy online rank that means little to nothing? Smartest thing I've heard all year I believe; the stupidity of ones mind can transcend quite far.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I'm not sure 'transcend' means what you think it means if you're using it that way. That last sentence doesn't make a whole lot of sense in general.

In any case, he's likely the same as me: if something can be done in a game, it must be done to consider it 'finished.' Might not be exactly the same, but probably something along those lines. Same reason I jump on and play it every once in a while despite my hatred for the online play.

Nulite

Bad games to Nulite and AarLySs.
There are days when I feel like I might actually be getting somewhere with this game, like all of my hours and hours of practice might have done something for me, and that I belong to a passionate community of professionals and newer players like me, who are more than willing to educate players that show they have commitment.
And then I play people like Nulite and AarLySs.
Nulite purposely lost a match to destroy a newer player and trash talk him into leaving the lobby.
AarLySs said I was rude for talking and said my voice sounded gay.

LOL what are you talking about.. we told you your mic was too loud and you got mad.. so she said you were being rude lmao...

Scornwell...you and I should talk to Aarlyss again. She's not as bad as you're making her out to be.

And LMDGAO @ Ren.

i wouldnt believe what he says.. that didnt happen and he knows it read my post above

Never heard of either one of them... so they may be high ranked (which means nothing), but they aren't well known and certainly not respected.

lol i wouldnt say all that lol

Awesmic

Standard Donor
As I thought, there was a misunderstanding between Scornwell and Aarlyss.

See, Scornwell? Nothing to worry about! =)

On topic though, good games to Deathofaninja, Sector (ScattereDreams), AetherXCI (it's been too long, welcome back!) Emperor Cow, Auto, and That Guy 85.

Bad games to myself for neglecting my Christie doll practice. =(

DrDogg

So not only do you not like online, but you're wasting your own time for some crappy online rank that means little to nothing? Smartest thing I've heard all year I believe; the stupidity of ones mind can transcend quite far.

I'm well aware that online rank means nothing. However, it's a goal that keeps me playing. If I didn't have something to focus on I would completely stop playing and I'd rather not do that just yet.

If I had a local scene, I wouldn't play online at all. Unfortunately, I do not (I can't even get the local players to play online at this point). Therefore, my choices are to stop playing, or give myself a goal to reach that will keep me playing for at least another month or so.

But hey, nice to know your insight on the situation is completely and totally wrong, right?

Scornwell

LOL what are you talking about.. we told you your mic was too loud and you got mad.. so she said you were being rude lmao...
Alright, I admit I was a little butthurt at AarLySs. My mic is on the fritz and sends out voice with delay, interrupting people sometimes. Didn't feel like I was being rude, so I was upset that she shut me down when I was trying to mention something.
However, I feel no shame for informing people to avoid games with you. Your behavior was just flat out rude and childish with the other player in that lobby.

So I will revise my statement:
Bad games to Nulite.

WiZzYx

Good games to Rikuto, that not left the lobby when I came in with my 1 bar connection (I can't say the same for other "elite" players here). :)
BTW, was quite playable...I think the lag occurs when the host exceeds the upload bandwidth, due to the large number of users, and in that case, we were only 3.

DrDogg

Good games to Rikuto, that not left the lobby when I came in with my 1 bar connection (I can't say the same for other "elite" players here). :)
BTW, was quite playable...I think the lag occurs when the host exceeds the upload bandwidth, due to the large number of users, and in that case, we were only 3.

There's always lag, and for most competitive players, it's always unplayable. It's just a matter of how tolerable you are of the situation.

To me, the connection doesn't mean much. I've had 5-bar matches that had ridiculous stop and go lag, then I've had 2-bar matches that were smooth (although still with the unplayable input lag that's always present).

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD