Gore in DOA?

• Yes

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • No

Votes: 44 77.2%

• Total voters

chocogerman777

Not over-the-top gore like in MK.
Just some scrapes,cuts,and bruises on the characters, slightly damaged clothing, and a few drops of blood.
What do you guys think?

Edit:
Okay... the word "gore" may have been the wrong word to describe what I was thinking about.
English isn't my first language..

I was thinking more like the battered and bruised Lara Croft 2013 look.. no entrails necessary.
vgQiomo.jpg

10137_f9f05fbef15d41888f77044e5eb440ad.jpg

Zeo

Would be a little unnecessary. For a game like SC where characters are getting sliced and diced sure a little blood, but beating people and blood just flowing out like MK is just overkill. Tekken and VF are just fine without it, I don't really see why DOA would need it. Maybe a bruise here or a black eye there, but anything further is just overkill.

Maybe a bloody forehead, MAYBE, even that's pushing it.

Gill Hustle

I'm not with it.

I'm sure Team Ninja can do a better job then NetheRealm, but I'm the type who's been tempted to shut off dirt and sweat.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Would be a little unnecessary. For a game like SC where characters are getting sliced and diced sure a little blood, but beating people and blood just flowing out like MK is just overkill. Tekken and VF are just fine without it, I don't really see why DOA would need it. Maybe a bruise here or a black eye there, but anything further is just overkill.

Maybe a bloody forehead, MAYBE, even that's pushing it.

Ayane with a black eye saying "Hmph! Don't make me laugh", LMAO! xD

This kind of reminds me of Ready to Rumble Boxing on Dreamcast, good times.

Zeo

I also feel like the whole concept of damaged characters/torn clothes is just another excuse to make the women even more naked than they already are. Ayane's wearing her only overalls outfit except now it tears during combat! Specifically around the chest area. :|

Seppu

well, that's just like, your opinion, man.

it adds a nice layer of realism to the fights too, don't you think?

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
It's bad enough already the game has all of these swimsuits and bikinis. We don't need another reason for our own fanbase to get worse than it already is and another reason for DOA to be called "Oppai Fighter". We don't need more breast and ass exposure.

Seppu

i don't care for the swimsuits and stuff, i only play doa for brad anyway so that doesn't affect me. maybe 1 for each character, but 10+ or whatever it is currently is stupid.

it was just an idea, i think it would be cool anyway.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
It's bad enough already the game has all of these swimsuits and bikinis. We don't need another reason for our own fanbase to get worse than it already is and another reason for DOA to be called "Oppai Fighter". We don't need more breast and ass exposure.
I'm confused...

Is this about blood and guts, or a former vice president? Either way, I don't think my mind is ready for Monica Lewinsky at her prime in a bloody slugfest. As for a serious answer, well... I'll see what the future holds. If it can be done tastefully, I wouldn't mind a little blood and mud. But guts is out. Leave that shit to Nickelodeon, 'cause that's what they do best.

Brute

Standard Donor
I like the idea of torn clothes, actually. not because it makes them look more naked or like a rape victim, but just more generally badass.

Kinda like in those old Arnold/Bruce Willis movies where the protagonist would look like they went through hell but are still standing and you're like: "Damn, that's one badass mother-fucker."

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
It's funny that with some of these great thoughts about this topic from people, I still can't make my choice lol

Awesmic

Standard Donor
It's funny that with some of these great thoughts about this topic from people, I still can't make my choice lol
It's not that hard. Unless you're a cannibal named Hannibal and enjoy seeing Miyako's intestines flying around, that is...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD