Gore in DOA?

Gore in DOA?

• Yes

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • No

Votes: 44 77.2%

• Total voters

Xernuht

I'm alright with the concept of bruising/minor visible injuries. If you augmented the win poses to reflect your 'damage', it would provide that extra level of realism. Of course, like the dirt and sweat and jiggle, you could toggle it.

For example, Hitomi wins easily, you'd get "My fists are on fire!". A down-to-the-last-pixel fight, though, would have her grabbing her bruised arm and complimenting her opponent on an excellent match. Stuff like this.

UpSideDownGRUNT

No, if DoA had gore it increase the age rating from 16+ to 18+ and would make it even less approachable and would also turn a few people off from the game not to mention the game getting even worse press than it does.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I think he was being sarcastic, and implying that it's cool enough that DOA is trying to be more competitive, despite a handful of ne'er-be-pleased individuals who insist on saying otherwise.

Crext

Standard Donor
Yes, Gore should definitely be in the next DOA game.

Since Tina plans to run for state governor, it is only fitting he should have a cameo role to help her understand politics...

Seriously, I just love that plot. I hope they make it so that she actually wins, it would make for some awesome story (and perhaps she'll finally becomes relevant for DOAtec and the rest of the story, and Mila as her personal bodyguard! xD).

Jacnob

Well, in the US it's already M (17+), and would stay M with gore added.

I still don't get why though. TTT2 has more descriptors on the ESRB label, as does SC, and SC4 Ivy is worse than 99% of the costumes in DoA.

On topic, it depends. If its just one bruise or something, I could be possibly O.K with it. On the other hand, if you mean MK levels then NO.

Brute

Standard Donor
I still don't get why though. TTT2 has more descriptors on the ESRB label, as does SC, and SC4 Ivy is worse than 99% of the costumes in DoA.
Reputation bias, com vs com spectator and sixaxis jiggle physics. That's it.

David Gregg

The only way they could get away with gore in DOA is if they made the game darker.
gore.jpg

Idk how I feel about that. lol

PJudge

That is exactly how I imagine a DOA pack for Left for Dead would look. And my money would be thrown at them for it.

On topic though: I'm not sure. It's not that I'm precious about the characters looking like that or anything, it just kinda changes the game's mood a bit.

Nameless Sama

I cant imagine DOA with gore. In that case Ryu would take his sword and slash other Fighters xD. I tought about Kasumi then. "Sorry I dont to fight but I must punch till you die " I am just dumb but gore makes for me not sense. Izuna, Ninpo , breaking bones etc. But of the other side it makes sense. DEAD = You died xD or Alive = you live xD

Pocky Yoshi

Look at SCIV-SCV. Look how a hard attack breaks their armor. Then I'd say okay. Maybe a little cuts and bruises, but nothing too extreme.

That's as far as I'm gonna go. I can't find DOA "badass" because of the fanservice. Not to mention, I'm not too sadistic unless I need to play something graphic. Then shooter games like Gears of War with a serious tone all around work. Imho, the only way I can accept it is if they implement it in a way to prove me wrong.

Hence the SCIV-SCV example is the best I could come up with. Remember, there's derp logic in all fighting games.

MK. So much gore yet a person can still stand after getting a X-ray.
Tekken, SCV, DOA5. Derp Pandas versus androids. Derp a ninja that dresses as a samurai and uses the Katana differently against some blind flexible old guy. Derp bikini girl versus some old Chinese guy in a snow place.

Catch my drift?

Last edited:

BlankOctober

Standard Donor
I don't think it really needs it, but maybe TN should try it like once. If it doesn't work, both tech-wise and in the public eye, they can never do it again.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD