Halloween Designer Challenge 2015

Kronin

Ayane's design is skimpy but in a very fashion way: I prefer his Ryu's outfit but I wouldn't dislike even the one for the purple kunoichi. What really don't get my appreciation is the design of the miniskirt.

PS: However I'm pretty sure that another design of Ayane will end to become my favourite one.

synce

Blood is generally just a bad idea especially on women. I remember Girl Fight had a pretty cool ninja character but I could never use her because she had an open wound that was pretty gross

Kronin

Blood is generally just a bad idea especially on women. I remember Girl Fight had a pretty cool ninja character but I could never use her because she had an open wound that was pretty gross

If the outfit should end to be selected, be sure that TN will delete the red from the bandage or alternatively will make it of an effect that would make hard to consider it blood. The game is not allowed to include blood or gore effect, otherwise the rating classification should change.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I also highly doubt, Team Ninja will put any wounds or bloodstains in DOA. So, costumes that rely heavily on bloodstains will have no chance whatsoever.
Funny, how Ninja Gaiden is by the same game developer team. XD Costumes with lots of blood will be very welcome there, I guess.

Kronin

I also highly doubt, Team Ninja will put any wounds or bloodstains in DOA. So, costumes that rely heavily on bloodstains will have no chance whatsoever.
Funny, how Ninja Gaiden is by the same game developer team. XD Costumes with lots of blood will be very welcome there, I guess.

To be fair the "no blood "should be an entrance rule for the desings, or at least so it was for the past contest. So it's not that the designs with blood have no chance, but theoretically they shouldn't be allowed to partecipate at all (by the way this outfit make a brief use of red and this could be really anything). I remember that some people tried to bypass this expliciting in their design as their big amount of red was just tint :p

DoA and NG are from the same developers but people want see things different in them, sexy girls in the first one (too much xD) and blood in the second (where NG2 Sigma ended to be critiqued overall for the censoring of it). Consequently even the characteristics of the game are different, if violence it's not needed there is no reason to put it in excess and limiting so the distribution and selling of the title. This is overall true in Japan where the canons appear to be the opposite compared in U.S.A (erotism get more easily a pass compared to the gore).

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
But Hayabusa's gloves in his 2014 Halloween costume was designed to resemble bloody claws, weren't they?

Jadeinchains

How can this artist's Ryu-costume be so awesome...

CFF5N1PVEAM8J2G.jpg:large

When his Ayane-costume is so...

CE_GVQqVIAAH6Eo.jpg:large

:/

That "skirt" is a glorified belt.

Kronin

But Hayabusa's gloves in his 2014 Halloween costume was designed to resemble bloody claws, weren't they?

No this is oni skin: the red want appear as an actual demonic skin of the hands and not like a stain. The idea is got from Hayate's design that in the final DLC own the same colored hands but blue (both of the designs were slighty alterated for becoming parallel outfits):

08.jpg

076.jpg

Kronin

Oh my! Your Christie @d3v reminds me so much the style of Rudoni/Kind of Blue artist:

b8abccde387d7d8eb0a6e8250e1dc340.jpg

9190b50f51c44a59ad5b4e0b82cde0d19ae5f889.jpg

adb92aaf079b660c719985727e98faf747b17a7a.jpeg

Anyway nice reworking of the Egypitian/snake design for Christie, it seems to me something simple but again fashion and definitely sexy =)

Last edited:

d3v

Oh my! Your Christie @d3v reminds me so much the style of Rudoni/Kind of Blue artist:
Yeah, I based her look on Rudoni's style, since the simpler coloring would be easier to knock out quickly. Yet at the same time, it looks more professional than the rushed cut-and-grad that many amateur artists try to use.

As for the design, it was inspired partly by Serpentor from GI Joe (the twin snakes draped on her neck), Boa Hancock from One Piece (the color of the skirt and the snake design on it) as well as looking up some old fantasy/sword and sorcery art. Additionally, I wanted to keep the design simple, but sensual. Too many designs these days are filled with alot of unnecessary details that keep them from looking good.

Last edited:

Kronin

Yeah, I based her look on Rudoni's style, since the simpler coloring would be easier to knock out quickly. Yet at the same time, it looks more professional than the rushed cut-and-grad that many amateur artists try to use.

As for the design, it was inspired partly by Serpentor from GI Joe (the twin snakes draped on her neck), Boa Hancock from One Piece (the color of the skirt and the snake design on it) as well as looking up some old fantasy/sword and sorcery art. Additionally, I wanted to keep the design simple, but sensual. Too many designs these days are filled with alot of unnecessary details that keep them from looking good.

An excellent work in the end, good job in coming with it through your sources (and a very nice drawing in addition)! And yes, I truly agree that is hard to keep the right balance between a design too much simple and one too much complex, sadly I'm one of the people unable to do it :p

synce

b8abccde387d7d8eb0a6e8250e1dc340.jpg

9190b50f51c44a59ad5b4e0b82cde0d19ae5f889.jpg

adb92aaf079b660c719985727e98faf747b17a7a.jpeg

Anyway nice reworking of the Egypitian/snake design for Christie, it seems to me something simple but again fashion and definitely sexy =)

Rudoni... this takes me back to the 56k days lol

Nice Christie!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD