Halloween Designer Challenge 2015

Kodachi

Standard Donor
This is what I expected Honoka too look like before her reveal. I got pirate vibes from the teaser for some reason.
CE7LGGJUsAAmcVT.jpg

https://twitter.com/JunkPuyo

Last edited:

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I did that last year, the spike thing. I've considered redrawing it for this contest, but I'm already working on two other designs which take priority. If people are interested in that design though, but no one else plans to do it themselves, I'll try to get to it if I have time.

Yeah. I remember it. I think I initially brought the idea up last time as well.

I finished most of the modeling for my Nyo aircraft/pilot thing. I still can't decide on colours and minor details though. The mask looks better with the beaky oxygen mask on but then you can't see her mouth, so I can't decide if I should just have it hanging around her neck.

Nyo always seems to have red, black, gold and purple on her clothes. However the soft colors used on flightsuits didn't clash too much either so I'm undecided if I should make the entire thing bright colors or just keep the details nyo themed.
GiVCnYf.jpg
F840LbH.jpg

KHjRZgY.jpg

Kronin

This is what I expected Honoka too look like before her reveal. I got pirate vibes from the teaser for some reason.
CE7LGGJUsAAmcVT.jpg

https://twitter.com/JunkPuyo

Oh my, Junkpuyo is a genius! Everyone talked about the mysterious emale character being a pirate, so why no one thought about really giving to her a pirate outfit in this contest? xD

The outfit is really well done (as the art): yes, we have made a supply of pirates so far, but honestly I would really love to get this outfit for Honoka, seems so good on her =)

PS: By the way Junkpuyo is also the author of that famous Kasumi vs Asuka picture (DoA x Senran Kagura)

I finished most of the modeling for my Nyo aircraft/pilot thing. I still can't decide on colours and minor details though. The mask looks better with the beaky oxygen mask on but then you can't see her mouth, so I can't decide if I should just have it hanging around her neck.

Nyo always seems to have red, black, gold and purple on her clothes. However the soft colors used on flightsuits didn't clash too much either so I'm undecided if I should make the entire thing bright colors or just keep the details nyo themed.
GiVCnYf.jpg
F840LbH.jpg

KHjRZgY.jpg

The outfit is not Halloweenish (more Steampunk actually) but it's really interesting and pretty original (more you are really good with 3d modelling). My congratulations for your creativity ^^

The outfit is not Halloweenish (more Steampunk actually) but it's really interesting and pretty original (more you are really good with 3d modelling). My congratulations for your creativity ^^
I know, I find the halloween subject really hard. I think because of the games rating you can't really use blood or gore.

I have an idea of making a baphomet themed costume and having it covered in red wax to make something scary but still technically not gore.
Mku0ask.jpg

synce

I know, I find the halloween subject really hard. I think because of the games rating you can't really use blood or gore.

I have an idea of making a baphomet themed costume and having it covered in red wax to make something scary but still technically not gore.
Mku0ask.jpg

You mean just have that mask, and dripping wax covering the naughty bits? That sounds brilliant to me. You better do it or I'll do it for you! lol

TOBMAST3R

Haha, a few days ago I also did send this Alpha 152 idea to Team Ninja . =)

@Tyaren: I agree here about the Honoka design. It looks really smooth and fitting. Can't wait to see yours and @Kodachi's!! ;)

Last edited:

axouel2009

Dare I say, that we have a winner for Honoka here? Great and perfectly fitting idea, beautiful design, amazing drawing skills. It's all there. :D
well that's almost that we wanted for her since the day-1 lol we obviously got our number 1 !

Kronin

Putting a Skeleton in Alpha-152 is a brilliant idea
CFA00JwWAAA238c.jpg

I imagine in game it would look something like this.
6359756-transparent-female-body-with-skeleton-Stock-Photo-woman.jpg

For a time that I got a simple and very fitting idea for Alpha-152, this idea has much more chances than me being so simple and again very effective! By the way I would be glad if this was her winner outfit =) And nice to see that even you @TOBMAST3R is showing love for her xD

I'm sorry @Tyaren this is a shame... you have neither the possibility to do something more "rough" but fast (not completely finished but rather a colored sketch)?

Macca Beam

Can I put anything in addition to "DOACostumes" in the subject line? That would make it easier to distinguish between the submissions. They didn't make it very clear on their page.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD