Halloween Designer Challenge 2015

Kyo

I think I'll participate. I'll whip up a good hallow costume for NyoTengu or Honoka.

I don't know what to make, halloween is hard. I scribbled some aircraft themed nyotengu but I'm not sure if I like it enough to make it properly.
VL2XjJ0.jpg

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
I really like that Eliot one, but I wish people would stop putting big weapons on the back of characters just for deseign. it looks tacky as in literally tacked on and just increases the likley hood of clipping

Darkslay

So, i've been thinking of doing Double Dragon inspired costumes for both Jacky and Lee, you guys think its a good idea? or would there be some kind of issue?

Here's some artwork of Billy in Double Dragon Neon. (i mean, look at the guy, he literally looks like Jacky lol)
DDN.jpg

latest

Reactions: Kyo

Kronin

If you change enough it there shouldn't be problems, the same TN adopted many outfits that even if different are easily recognizable as inspired to other popular characters or works.

The real problem is to include changes that can make of these outfits Halloween ones, so something able to change the appearence of them from ordainry/fighters ones to something dark. Remember that when having to decide what to make DLC in the previous contest, TN appeared to give the priority to what could be seen as actual Halloween/Masked outfits.

Last edited:

Darkslay

If you change enough it there shouldn't be problems, the same TN adopted many outfits that even if different are easily recognizable as inspired to other popular characters or works.

The real problem is to include changes that can make of these outfits Halloween ones, so something able to change the anture of them from ordainry/fighters ones to something dark. Remember that when having to decide what to make DLC, TN appeared to give the priority to what could be seen as actual Halloween/Masked outfits in the previous contest.

Hmm i see, well, the secondary theme i had tought of was "80s style beat-em up" but as you say, it seems they favor dark themes more than anything, still, last year they gave them sidekick costumes so i think i'll try and see if it works out, thanks. :)

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
I really hope, this Japanese artist will finally submit her two Alice in Wonderland designs for Eliot and Marie Rose:

BkQI7LaCIAAlhhJ.jpg:large

Cleaner version of Eliot, made for the first costume contest:

BkbcwUYCQAAPMoT.jpg:large

@EMPEROR_COW, pleeeeaaase beg her, to submit these two designs. >o<
shes gonna .. actually she was planning on a 3rd one .. Brad as the mad hatter ... i saw the sketch it looks great :)

Kronin

I love that design @axouel2009, nice work!

@Kasumilover98 If you want my opinion I think that the big problem of the drawing is it being not clear, this cause the use of the lowercase letter and of the poor visibility of them. Overall the same drawing of the desig is too much little and would need definitely to be colored for a better outcome that allow you to make more clear your idea and save useless text about what kind of color use. Believe me, leaving the design in this way many people wouldn't care neither to read or analyze it, just because it's necessary a further effort compared to the usual submitted entries.

If you have time I suggest you to draw your design again on completely white paper making the figure pretty big (don't worry for the outcome or the proporitons, just highly increase the size of everything). Color it and add a more bigger text wrote in block letters, better if using a pen (one with gel ink it would be perfect for the visibility, however there is the risk of smudges; alternatively you can simply add in a second time the text on your photo even simply using paint).

Of course you are free to do as you wish and this is just a suggestion, but like Team NINJA says there is no need to rush with still all the month of May available. So take all the time that you need for your work, there is no need to complete it soon =)

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I love that design @axouel2009, nice work!

@Kasumilover98 If you want my opinion I think that the big problem of the drawing is it being not clear, this cause the use of the lowercase letter and of the poor visibility of them. Overall the same drawing of the desig is too much little and would need definitely to be colored for a better outcome that allow you to make more clear your idea and save useless text about what kind of color use. Believe me, leaving the design in this way many people wouldn't care neither to read or analyze it, just because it's necessary a further effort compared to the usual submitted entries.

If you have time I suggest you to draw your design again on completely white paper making the figure pretty big (don't worry for the outcome or the proporitons, just highly increase the size of everything). Color it and add a more bigger text wrote in block letters, better if using a pen (one with gel ink it would be perfect for the visibility, however there is the risk of smudges; alternatively you can simply add in a second time the text on your photo even simply using paint).

Of course you are free to do as you wish and this is just a suggestion, but like Team NINJA says there is no need to rush with still all the month of May available. So take all the time that you need for your work, there is no need to complete it soon =)
Thanks for the critique! The drawing is still a work in progress, so I have to add the gold and green into the areas needed. I'll also trace over the lettering to make it more legible.

Chapstick

well well well ! here my fist costume ! :)

1430939563-tina-render.jpg

I'll make some "DLC packs - wanna be " lol and the first one is "Bad Werstler" withe a little sorty for fun lol. Daddy and a new friend coming soon !
Tina as a guest character in Mortal Kombat

Well shit, this is a lot more halloween than my entry's gonna be

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD