Halloween DLC 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argentus

I looked up those glasses. They have handles. And if they are only resting on her nose, why don't they fall off?
....how the fuck would you look up those glasses?

Kamina_sunglasses.jpg

I'm not seeing handles..

I imagine they are glued to her nose with the same crap superheroes use to keep their domino masks on lol.

That or they just stay on with the power of awesome.

Max536Drago

....patched?

Aren't they supposed to be only resting on her nose like that?
....how the fuck would you look up those glasses?

Kamina_sunglasses.jpg

I'm not seeing handles..

I imagine they are glued to her nose with the same crap superheroes use to keep their domino masks on lol.

That or they just stay on with the power of awesome.
I was able to look them up, because someone told me the name (Kamina shades). DOA is a realistic looking 3D game, not a cartoon. They use handles that rest on your ears to hold them up in real life.

Argentus

I was able to look them up, because someone told me the name (Kamina shades). DOA is a realistic looking 3D game, not a cartoon. They use handles that rest on your ears to hold them up in real life.
Handles on those kinds of glasses would look silly. Just consider them glued to her nose ridge.
I take it you haven't discovered the halo yet.

DyByHands

Yeah, these are far from "real life" costumes. The single and loose chain, that is looped on the back of my SumoBass would be impossible in the real world, unless it was glued or welded.

The Tina/Lisa glasses are awesome. However, why are their scarfs so heavy?

Max536Drago

Handles on those kinds of glasses would look silly. Just consider them glued to her nose ridge.
I take it you haven't discovered the halo yet.
It doesn't matter if it's silly. Glasses cannot float in mid air. Glued on her nose? Maybe. I know about the Hallow thing, which is why someone needs to tell me what is holding it up in the air, before I submit another complaint to Team Ninja. Hitomi's halo had something. And I don't have Kasumi's Halloween costume to take a closer look to see if it's translucent.
Yeah, these are far from "real life" costumes. The single and loose chain, that is looped on the back of my SumoBass would be impossible in the real world, unless it was glued or welded.

The Tina/Lisa glasses are awesome. However, why are their scarfs so heavy?
Maybe it was just a bad idea to put in fan made costumes, if they were just going to mess up this bad and not give any thought into revising the designs. If they something like they were rushing to get these costumes to us, before Halloween, and that they will go over them for last round, I'd be satisfied and all will be forgiven. But this!??? Na, this is some shoddy work by TN, and I'm surprised.

Last edited:

Tokkosho

It doesn't matter if it's silly. Glasses cannot float in mid air. Glued on her nose? Maybe. I know about the Hallow thing, which is why someone needs to tell me what is holding it up in the air, before I submit another complaint to Team Ninja. Hitomi's halo had something. And I don't have Kasumi's Halloween costume to take a closer look to see if it's translucent.
having glasses glued to your nose is more plausible than a scrawny german girl power punching a 340 pound man through a wall.

Max536Drago

having glasses glued to your nose is more plausible than a scrawny german girl power punching a 340 pound man through a wall.
Mhm.. That's right... It's fine that they'd be glued to her nose, but I don't know if that's a fact. 2 wrongs don't make a right, you know. Not that Hitomi's being able to 236P Bass through a wall is a wrong for a fighting game necessarily, but you get my point.

Argentus

Mhm.. That's right... It's fine that they'd be glued to her nose, but I don't know if that's a fact. 2 wrongs don't make a right, you know. Not that Hitomi's being able to 236P Bass through a wall is a wrong for a fighting game necessarily, but you get my point.
If it helps, don't think of them as glasses. Its a stylish mask.

Addictrian

New Female Character "the biggest " so yeah , i think it will be a FAT GIRL :)

would be awesome :)

and RAIDOO is coming back :)...i think

Kronin

Those glasses are designed to be in that way, I don't see where is the problem: you can't neither fight with a pair of geta believing that they will not "fly" after your first kick, neither with an hat remaining on your head after a fall of meters.

New Female Character "the biggest " so yeah , i think it will be a FAT GIRL :)

would be awesome :)

and RAIDOO is coming back :)...i think

I'm sorry but I believe more likely that this girl will be fat only on peculiar parts of her body XD

About Raidou, I think that we will get a new male character (or Donovan) being a mixture of him and Genra's moves.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
....patched?

Aren't they supposed to be only resting on her nose like that?

Yeah, people sometimes have problems... >__>'
(This fits right in with the "Cover Leifang's ears!", "I want thicker hair!" and "I want different irises!" -complaints.)

The glasses are perfectly fine like that. It's not supposed to be a super logical/realistic outfit anyway. None of the outfits are.

Kronin

Yeah, people sometimes have problems... >__>'
(This fits right in with the "Cover Leifang's ears!", "I want thicker hair!" and "I want different irises!" -complaints.)

These are requests for improving the look of the characters according to the own preferences: personally I have no problems keeping these thigs as they are now, but even so I find these requests reasonable and with a logic behind.

But these glasses are simple thought to be in this way because their model is made so, for this reason I don't understand critiques to them about the "floating": if they give the appearence to be cartoonish, ludicrous or impossible to realize in the real life... well, this mean that they are fulfilling their purpose. And this should be evident thinking that the purpose of the glasses is to work as a "mask" for hiding the identity of the hero, something that of course would be impossible.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
is2g. Kasumi needs it the poor girl looks like she has alopecia areata

XDDD

The only thing I wonder: Why did they chose several slightly different ways to render hair? Kokoro and Nyotengu look indeed very good (full hair, smooth movement, almost no clipping), whereas Kasumi's, Hitomi's or Leifang's hair looks sometimes a little meh (thin hair, visible polygon edges while moving, lots of clipping issues). The textures are also quite different. The worst textures has poor Eliot's default wig. :( Maybe different people did the character models and maybe they were done at different stages in time...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD