Halloween DLC 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgaragarru

IJHwsb6PEp4.jpg

Zack!

Kronin

Sigh, and even this year everything was spoiled... :(

Honestly this pack seems to me very good! Sure, everyone has his tastes and I know that for who isn't interested in tag some choices will not appear anything of special, but these outfits got singularly are awesome compared to what we got in those months, costumes only fitting one theme and discarding completely more than half of the roster.

I understand that people can be deluded (I was still hoping for the Dragon Knight Ein being given to Hayate... but in the end this was a second design from me and didn't deserve for this reason to be awarded), but if you look this rationally, is really a great pack considered in its totality. Honestly is hard for me to think of people that don't like neither one outfit of them (and of course someone will answer to me quoting this line and saying that it's so XD).

LittlePrince-Helena

My favorite are Helena, Marie Rose, Nyotengu and Rachel!
I think the boys in average get good outfits.
Too bad for Lisa (pallette swap but at least for a new costume) and even worse Mila (old costume too)

samuraihachi

Standard Donor
They gave Kasumi's skeleton costume to Rachel? ohh man....people are gonna be pissed. While I'm happy she's finally getting a new costume, I feel that they didn't need to give her one of Kasumis. Heck this year's halloween DLC has so many unnecessary swaps (I'm looking at you Sarah).

So far I'm liking Akira, Jacky and Nyo's costumes. Though I'm disappointed Bananakira didn't make it. :/
TN really messed up Sarah, Christie, and Mila's costumes.

Last edited:

Kronin

Rachel's outfit give really a creepy effect as if her real skeleton was visible... I have to withdraw what I said in the past about Kasumi's design, maybe this could be really the best idea of the contest (IMO of course).

Momiji's design seems pretty cute, but I wanted know if she has her tails or less...

They gave Kasumi's skeleton costume to Rachel? ohh man....people are gonna be pissed.

Like I said gives really a such strange horrorific effect that IMO wasn't suitable on Kasumi. TN already done similar switch costumes in the past always with a good reasoning behind, and even this time they were right for me.

Last edited:

Kronin

TN thought a lot to the tag pairings for this pack of outfits (maybe even anticipating what will be the pairs of Last Round, as for example, Momiji and Kokoro?): for me that I love to play in tag this was definitely a good outcome.

The only shame is that TN choose all the winner outfits of the Jury awards (Bass, Momiji and Ryu) with the exception of Leon. I'm sorry for his designer, even if its outfit wasn't properly Halloween (and IMO the "country werewolf" Leon is perfect for him), after all it was selected directly by people inside the team choosing to appreciate the efforts done purposefully for the contest.

I think they were probably very heavily constrained in terms of how much time they had to model the outfits. If you look at the choices in terms of how time consuming each costume would be to build and rig to the characters you can see why they would pick some.

werewolfgold

3816676-0704928121-36645.gif

Best one!
Ryu's outfit makes you want to throw up and Zack's is the best one? Bruhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... lol

But, I've been thumbing through all of the Halloween entries and I can see how some would be disappointed with the end results. A lot of cool missed opportunities. That Sarah design with the ears was really nice. Apparently, too elaborate.

Last edited:

Kronin

But, I've been thumbing through all of the Halloween entries and I can see how some would be disappointed with the end results. A lot of cool missed opportunities.

But the key word is just this... they are missed opportunities because TN gave us something (then of course everything is relative)

When the theme of a pack is only nurse, gym or bunnies for the most popular females, you can like how much want these outfits... but in no way you are talking of missed opportunities, because the idea to give something original and for all the characters is simply absent from the beginning.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Okay...that was anticlimatctic... :/ Some of the costumes are really good (congratulations to all the designers! :D) some costumes are just plain unattractive, to be true. I guess, it was the time restraint... Overall last Halloween DLC had more quality and diversity and a gorgeous new Halloween stage...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD