Halloween DLC 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

indieanimator

TN thought a lot to the tag pairings for this pack of outfits (maybe even anticipating what will be the pairs of Last Round, as for example, Momiji and Kokoro?): for me that I love to play in tag this was definitely a good outcome.

The only shame is that TN choose all the winner outfits of the Jury awards (Bass, Momiji and Ryu) with the exception of Leon. I'm sorry for his designer, even if its outfit wasn't properly Halloween (and IMO the "country werewolf" Leon is perfect for him), after all it was selected directly by people inside the team choosing to appreciate the efforts done purposefully for the contest.

It's cool, thanks. Halloween doesn't have to be monsters imo, because pirates, vikings, etc. all make solid outfits. Dressing up as something you're not.
I thought astronaut Leon would be simple bodysuit for them to make, but if they had some sort of deadline for these, that's fine. I chose astronaut because space is similar to the desert in that it's vast, harsh, and solitary. Takes training to survive in both places.

Oh well, I'm thankful for the art book they sent me (can't use the odd mousepad though).
Congrats to all who did get theirs in!

Dark_Ky

my 2cents about this costume pack

:ein: 6/10 - looks alright, nothing special but the pirate vibe kind of suits him
:bradwong: 8/10 - captain brad sparrow looks awesome, +1 for loose hair
:genfu: 6,5/10 - pirate stuff always works on old guys
:pai: 1/10 - didnt like lei fangs either, -1 palette swap
:rig: 8/10 - looks badass, especially the golden chains
:kasumi-alpha: 7/10 - yay grimreapers for hoodie chars
:eliot: 6/10 - not a fan of it but still ok
:nyotengu: 8/10 - brutes neco-tengu was perfect and even though i dont think that this costume fits to the halloween vibe i have to admit that this design IS really good
:rachel: 9/10 - this costume obviously was gooing to make it into the game, kinda suprised that rachel got it but it does look great on her
:hitomi: 8/10 - yeaah mafia outfit but this is great too
:leifang: 2/10 - "shrugs"
:akira: 8/10 - looks great! wanna see the whole thing!
:bass: 9/10 - fantastic, nuff said
:jacky: 5/10 - cant see much..
:jannlee: 8/10 - reminds me of green hornet + jet li in black mask
:sarah:1/10 - just a palette swap of rachels nurse outfit?
:helena:9-10 - she looks gorgeous in everything
:hayabusa:6/10 - not thaaat bad imo
:hayate:5/10 - kinda bland but not horrible, annoys me that it looks so similar to ryus
:bayman:10/10 - bwawhaahwahahaahafaaaahah fpf fsdfdsf jldsjoghsg
:christie: 1/10 - those "sdgfdsghfdfg"!!!!!!!! egyptian one! IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE EGYPTIAN ONE! INSTEAD THEY CREATE THIS UNINSPIRED, BLAND PIECE OF JUNK THAT OF COURSE DOESNT NEED THAT MUCH EFFORT TO CREATE!!
:leon:7/10 - looks cute lmao
:mila:2/10 - lazy swap from a costume thats already in the fucking game!!!
:lisa:8/10 - i like lisa, i like this costume a lot. when i saw this i really wanted this outfit for someone who i use because i dont play as tina.. i know i know she should have gotten something original and it sucks that TN does this to her.. but i cannot stop myself from beeing happy about this
:tina:8/10 - above reason
:kasumi:2/10 - seriously.. WHY! i am already annoyed by the fact that that succubus costume from ayane won the contest and that it made it into the game and then this -_-
:kokoro:8/10 - animal ears.. my only weakness x( even overall it makes a good first impression to me
:marierose:5/10 - meh.. she is so similar to lili from tekken, they should have given her a bride costume too -_-
:ayane:2/10 - my girl.. this is barely anything. i know people have been bitching about this and even TN got mad at the fans but it shouldnt have been something THIS revealing. i do like fanservice but imo this costume pack should have been a opportunity for fanmade designs that actually had effort put into them. this so boring, bland and nothing special

EDIT:
just saw momiji and zack
:momiji: 9/10 - yeeeessssssss! tollaly my thing!
:zack: 3/10 - dear god -_-

OVERALL: 185,5/310

not bad, could have been alot worse lol

Last edited:

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
on-4qc7lI6U.jpg
Ts_dNrMUYtY.jpg
va32nxBGlKY.jpg
#BokuhoApproves

They picked some really ugly outfits for this halloween DLC.

I'm looking forward to the next DLC xD
SAY WHAT??? Some of these are awesome!

Wtf. Nurse Sarah!? This one is truly lost...

So yeah... Superheroes (Tina, Lisa, Jacky, Jann Lee)
Pirates (Ein, Brad, Gen Fu)
Devils (Bayman, Christie)
Onis (Ryu, Hayate, Leifang, Pai)
Mummy (Mila)
Werewolf (Leon)
Skimpy Angel version of Ayane's outfit (Kasumi)
Kabuki (Akira)
Kitsune (Kokoro)
LOL Jann Lee's trying to compete with The Green Hornet.

And how do all these got leaked so early?
Life finds a way.

YASS RACHEL, i honestly couldnt see any of the costumes fitting her at all (even mine) im so glad she took kasumi's.
TN honestly gives 0 fucks about Lisa lol.
Who's Lisa? Same thing for the VF characters. But this pack is the exception :)

So Sarah got THIS:
O_Ky1UvO8iU.jpg

Over this......
270.jpg

Ok.....
oh-ok-o.gif
Those mother--they did what??? Damn, damn, DAMN, DAAAAAMMNNNN!!! :mad:

Kronin

In the end TN chose from the top 10 to make DLC the first 4 ranked outfits (+ 3 awarded designs on a total of 4): it will be interesting to see if this is a not written rule that will be applied even for the winners of the first contest or less.

I really love Ayane and Kasumi specularity, as a sort of sexy Angel and Devil Kazuya from Tekken: I would have loved an outfit less revealing and more a proper one, sure, but I believe that with the time they will grow in me. Surely are a perfect tag team between them and with the outfits of devil Ein and Icarus Hayate from the previous pack.

I'm sure that the fans of Zack will disagree with me, but for me his outfit is perfectly in line with his cool and crazy style of the past games (and not only clownish).

Jann Lee as Kato from Green Hornet is an idea that people requested more time to TN (me included): I'm absolutely glad that finally they fulfilled it, is a dream that become reality for me as much as Hayabusa's throwback.

@indieanimator Don't misunderstand me, I really loved your outfit and the idea of Leon as a survivor of the desert of the space as much of the one on the Earth is really great! I never thought to something similar, for this reason I believe that people should wait before to think that there is no story behind the idea of a fan that they dislike (I'm not talking of you or Leon's design). In addition you were also using the flag of my country, so... XD

I hope that you will have more lucky next time and IMO being awarded from the same developers is a really honorable mention for a fan of their games ;)

Last edited:

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
TN baffles me with some of their choices sometimes, but Sumo Bass alone is good enough to put me in a good mood so I'll just focus on the positives(no I'm not sick)

I need to see Hayate's in action to get a better look even then it might grow on me, Ryu's is better but still need to see it in action. I do like what they did with the hands

Really happy Jann Lee and Jacky got Kato inspired outfits, I'm not a huge Green Hornet fan but he was an interesting and badass character

Pirate Gen Fu is the only Pirate I like

I'm satisfied with most of the females honestly, only big disappointments are Christie, Mila, and Sarah

Reapers are good

Can't get a good look at Akira's(picture won't load) but it looks cool so far

SUMO-MOTHERFUCKING-BASS *drops mic*

Kronin

The only outfit that I don't really like is Sarah's one, but I wait to see the full picture before to judge it (Zack's outfit appeared bad but in the end was a pleasent surprise for me).

werewolfgold

Team Ninja, please make this pack free so we are all pleased.
Half the price of what the last pack was would be sufficient for me...though I'm still kind of broke at the moment so I won't be getting anything soon if at all. So, they probably shouldn't take my opinion into account. lol

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
bQTTTsjkkBc.jpg

I'm trying to figure out what Eliot is supposed to be? A Dark Prince? Which outfit was this? Either way, I'm glad he got something new this year. Funny how two of his tag partners, Brad Wong and Gen Fu, got pirate costumes this year. Also, I'm thinking this outfit would go perfectly with Ayane's costume.

Overall, I like the costumes. Sure, some got copy & paste ideas, but let's look at the bright side. Males are finally getting new DLC costumes and Team Ninja have shown how open they are to fan submissions with their contests. I know certain costumes go switched, but in seeing the overall picture, they look really good. It's been awhile since I bought costume DLC for Ultimate, so I eagerly await this pack.

Kronin

@Jyakotu

I consider it a fusion between these 2 designs:

061.jpg

056.jpg

They decided to use the prince theme (they talked about royalty in the line commenting the teaser pic), so getting as basis his charming one, changing it in a dark one (fitting with with the contest), in the process using elements from his vampire one (the body purple part is pretty similar).

The outcome IMO is good, I'm waiting to se the low part of the design. No surprise that it uses black and purple colors pairing with Ayane's and Marie Rose's Halloween designs, both of them Tag pairing partners of Eliot: TN thought again to the use of these costumes in tag for the in-game couples.

(PS: I said it for joking, but maybe TN really got the inspiration of my cloak for Ein in the previous contest for this design: Eliot's one make even use of a cape cloak just like mine)

Last edited:

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
So it's safe to say that Eliot is a Vampire Prince and Ayane is his succubus. Very clever TN. ;)

Kronin

It's a lesser version of those imo, one was a warrior prince the other was a vampire. he now looks likes a highly generic Disney prince with bad textures.

About the textures I believe that could be a matter of the low quality of the pic: in its teaser one, the cloak made use of what seemed to be high quality ones or at least not bad as in other outfits.

BzV76v_CIAE4J62.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD