Halloween DLC 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnooz

doa5u___marie_rose_winning_pose__cos_1_2_by_existingbox9-d7brd31.jpg

jointed_witch.jpg

QQwG6RQjy-Q.jpg

DyByHands

Kind of a bummer for TN that there was another leak. But, I am really liking most of these. IMO, Hayabusa, Jann Lee, Jacky and Momiji are a big step up compared to last time. And I know some were favorites here, but I am super happy there aren't any giant foam looking, outfits.

I know it's all subjective, however this is miles above the fetish packs for me. I think TN just has a lose-lose scenario with the fans, when it comes to this stuff. Alas, I am satisfied with this pack. And now must leave this thread cause y'all are bringing me down way too fast. Peace :)

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I think your design has a great chance. It looks like they were running out of time and Leon was one of the characters who got the copy+paste shaft.

I'm pretty sure too, TN had to work with a pretty tough time restraint, to recreate the fanmade costumes. If there was more time (like there is with DOA5LR) there would have been less recolors or reused costumes. Overall what Team Ninja did here, was amazing! Nearly 30 fanmade costumes! Show me some other fighter with so much fan involvement. :)

David Gregg

I'm pretty sure too, TN had to work with a pretty tough time restraint, to recreate the fanmade costumes. If there was more time (like there is with DOA5LR) there would have been less recolors or reused costumes. Overall what Team Ninja did here, was amazing! Nearly 30 fanmade costumes! Show me some other fighter with so much fan involvement. :)

True. Well to lighten up the thread here's some of my favorites:
cbymdQ2EXLM.jpg

PrM2K9Qv6LQ.jpg

Ts_dNrMUYtY.jpg

aj3YZzqbBRw.jpg

wK2LU8pgzCE.jpg

p_vsqDat4e0.jpg

W_-Dss77gpk.jpg

l_BJLYuW7nQ.jpg

bqr8KSrZddo.jpg

Jadeinchains

I'm sure every character besides the two new ones will have a fan made outfit in last round anyway so people shouldn't lose hope for their designs getting in the game.

edit: is that halo just floating over Kasumi's head with no support?!

Kronin

Hey, I needed something to basically show off how stupid it was if it was for "everyone" that MR didn't get the costume she atleast got some level of recommendation for and Helena got Kokoro's costume when there was plenty of others she could have gotten as well(let's not forget that I guess it was for "everyone" that there was plenty of palette swaps and such too huh? I guess people really asked for Werewolf Leon and Mummy Mila huh?)

I'm not sure if this post is reffered to me, but for summarizing my thought is simply that if you release a sexy DLC pack for 10 female characters and an Halloween pack for 31 characters, with original outfits - from fans ideas or less - and even with swaps but that make sense under a tag pov, very likely you will find more people that like at least a part of the pack in the second case rather than in the first one: it's this my definition of "made for everyone". Honestly I don't think that I'm saying something so wrong.

About my answer to @Argentus, of course it was an half joke in line with his post about him now liking Mila's outfit because recalling Mileena (that I had realized to be obviously a sarcastic one). Said this I like the idea of a mummy, IMO the problem is that TN work didn't make it too much original - for example the detail or the covered eye as in Momiji's design would improve the outfit imo - and the effect with the texture used for the "paper" is not very good. On the paper (aka design) Momiji's outfit seems really cute, is its realization to not be the best (imo).

Last edited:

Puño de Leyenda

Congrats. Did you wanted the mask to be on? I take it they didn't do that because of rights protection since it's traditional to keep at least the head model for Akira. Hopefully the mask can be toggled off entirely with a trigger button, no offense of course, design looks good so far.

Thanks bro! Well, my original design was intended to actually have Akira with white and red coloring on his skin. I dunno if they misjudged what I was conveying or if it was too ambitious, but I didn't intend for it to be a mask.

I totally hear you though about the toggling option, I was wondering how that would look in-game on the side of his face like that. lol I would've liked if they could allow for a toggle to actually wear it, but just as you said, that may not come to pass.

Addictrian

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah love these Costumes :)

I dont think this will be the last Round of Costumes coming as DLC from the Contests :)

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah love these Costumes :)

I dont think this will be the last Round of Costumes coming as DLC from the Contests :)
*Hopes that Casual Pack Vol. 3 has costumes from the 1st contest*
Costumes I want*
Zack:
IYA7Jjj.jpg

Lei Fang:
(With Edits)
10277601_520487881388635_7802908904144887831_n.jpg

Bass: (Not from contest but hey)
bass-doa3-conceptsketches.jpg

Rig:
1538630_10154058525545711_8500842270316109671_n.jpg

Gen: