Halloween DLC 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kronin

By the way, for making a summary of the entries of the pack, these were the characters getting a fan outfit personally designed for:
:akira::ayane::bass::bradwong::christie::hayate::hitomi::jannlee::kokoro::leifang::marierose::momiji::nyotengu::phase4::rig::hayabusa::tina::ein:

These the characters getting a designed outfit originally thought for another character (thing already happened in the past with Helena's yellow/black outfit and Ein's chainmail):
:bayman::helena::rachel:

The characters getting an original outfit:
:sarah::zack::eliot::genfu::leon:

The characters getting a swap outfit:
:lisa::pai::mila::jacky:

:kasumi:is on a category on itself, getting an outfit based on one already included but so different in a specular way that can't be defined a swap.

Then of course there are some peculiar things to say, for example Jacky has a design that is apparently more faithful to the one of Jann Lee (for the white jacket and maybe the gloves too); Eliot's original design seems to be the mix of two different ideas from the contest; Sarah's one seems to be based on the nurse outfit of Rachel and so could be considered a swap (but we still need to see how is the lower part of it, a similar matter for Mila and Momiji's mummy outfit).

The personal preferences for each outfit of course can't be discussed, but if we argue about how much TN tried to fulfill the wishes of the fans of the characters on a matter of number, in the end this appear to have been happened for more than half of the roster. The Halloween contest (united with the first one) will be very likely the fan challenges of the series where more outfits in absolute were chosen for becoming part of the game (in comparison with the previous ones where, even not knowing the number of total entries, we can suppose that the outfits in game were always around a number of 3 Edit: no, actually 6 for DoA2U how it was reported by @nothingtosee in the next page of the thread http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/halloween-dlc-2014.4940/page-53#post-218891).

Last edited:

Kronin

Wouldn't really call Sarah's nurse outfit "original". ;)

Indeed after I explained how Sara's outfit can anyway be considered a swap of Rachel's nurse one, the originality that I meant was only in the pirate outfit for her, something not expressed from the ideas of the fans. By the way I'm curious to know the lower part of the outfit, IMO there are some chances that could end to be different in the model (differently from Mila's one, where is very likely that the bandages will continue even on the bust and the legs as happens for Momiji).

Argentus

*grumble * I don't want to get Leons out of principle, but I'm debating solely to increase his costume count...

Edmund

Since the bunny dlc thread is locked, I'd like to ask if the stupid carrot that nyotengu is carrying can be removed by any button combination presses at the character select screen?

Kodachi

Standard Donor
i dont think its a pirate costume, I think it's just an evil nurse costume.
O_Ky1UvO8iU.jpg

Kronin

i dont think its a pirate costume, I think it's just an evil nurse costume.
O_Ky1UvO8iU.jpg

An evil nurse costume would be a choice pretty strange (I'm not sure if exist a similar kind of character), but if you are right then very likely her outfit will be overall a recolor of Rachel's one.

For saying the truth, when I saw her peculiar skull I immediately thought before to "Captain Harlock" than to a pirate (even considering all the outfits of the first contest about space heroines), by the way the absence of sleeves or futuristic details doesn't seem to me to leave room for a such scenario.

R2Pichu

My thoughts on the new Costumes:
Helena- Idk wat u are
Mila- So sorry they recycled a costume for u
Sarah- Lol woops we forgot to give Sarah a nurse outfit sooo uh... here u go
Marie Rose- Awh u look so cute in Sarah's costume lol :(
I mean I would honestly want TN to beg Nintendo for a Zero Suit Samus costume for Sarah lol
TenTen- I'm guessing she wanted to be Sailor Mars from Sailor Moon with ur cute little scepter lol
I'm in Love with Rig and P4's Reapers

but why cant they make an Orange or Black Alpha???

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
A Zero Suit Samus costume for Sarah....not only is it asking for Nintendo rights but Sarah is from VF. Isn't that like a Sega+Nintendo+TN sitting on a table long speech?

samuraihachi

Standard Donor
A Zero Suit Samus costume for Sarah....not only is it asking for Nintendo rights but Sarah is from VF. Isn't that like a Sega+Nintendo+TN sitting on a table long speech?
Pretty much this. Copyright makes that impossibru. If they are going to do something like that, then they'll most likely have to modify it so that it doesn't completely resemble Samus.

Kronin

@KwonJigglypuff

In the past I questioned Leifang2000 about some info on the previous contests and he/she said me that this outfit for Helena get his origin in a fan design thought for Leifang (even if the outfit seems to me more fitting someone like helena, it's not so strange when you think that Leifang's favourite color is yellow).

HelenaDOAUC9.jpg

Today this outfit is so radicated in the character's vestiary that people ask for its return (same thing for Ein): honestly I don't see so unlikely a similar scenario for the characters that got a complained switched outfit in the current pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD