Community Have Questions for Team NINJA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are several massive events on the horizon for our community and a lot of you have had some pretty legitimate questions come up regarding things. More of you have had some completely insane questions, so if you fall into that particular camp, pass right on by. For the rest of you, we've been able to work out something I'm going to avoid calling an interview for a variety of reasons. That non-interview will be with Team NINJA directly.

We could have just whipped up a quick Q&A and posted it as an article, but we wanted to try something a little different. Those of you who've been around for a long enough time may have seen something similar in the past, but this is a different situation we're working with in 2015. We're going to open this up to all of you guys to ask the questions here. Before you get too excited, though, let's lay some ground rules.

First, we have to respect the fact that the Team has a plan in place for the new character regarding the media. You have to wait to find out the new character's favorite dessert, I'm afraid. Stay away from any questions that are very likely promised to traditional media outlets exclusively. For reference, look back at the Radiou reveal. Second, stay away from questions that are about unrevealed gameplay changes to the game. We will find that stuff out when they choose to fill us all in. Third, use common sense. If you ask a question that is deliberately inflammatory, your question won't be passed along. If you ask about something that hasn't been announced regarding other titles (I'm looking at you, DoAX fans), that question will similarly not be moved on.

That leaves you guys with quite a bit to mine for questions. Ever wondered why the team locked intros and such to 30fps? Might be a good question to ask here. Ever thought to yourself, "Self, why were High Level Jumps removed from the game?" Seriously, go nuts with questions here. A few of us will then screen the questions and probably fix some spelling and grammar before working with Team NINJA on getting things rolling.

We are working with an incredibly busy lead up to the launch of our new game with a brand new character reveal this week. There will be a delay, here. But we will get things polished up and pass the ball. Once we have a time table nailed down we will start to feed things back to the community and go from there. Please do not post questions more than once. If you don't want to ask your question publicly for whatever reason, send myself, @Rikuto or @Mr. Wah a direct conversation with the question and request your name be omitted. We may ultimately remove names from the questions anyway so it might be a non-issue but we do have some shy members.

Post away, ladies and gents.

Do you guys ever plan to add a broad character customization system as DLC to LR, or to future DOA installments? It seems like this would eliminate a lot of the costume controversy revolving around Bikini's and such, a good customization system reminiscent to the likes of VF5 or TTT2's preferably. This way MOST people could be happy, because they can style their character in a way that caters to their taste and preference.

Leon specific questions
-can you fix his charged GBs to not cause so much pushback on block? it negates all the frame advantage he gets since his range is already short as it is and he has to waste it on dashing in to capitalize on 40+frame moves

-Fix his 9K to actually be a legit launcher on NH and not require max stun threshold to get anything decent off of it, A good mid kick launcher will benefit him.

-Why is Leon left at such disadvantage on all his chain throw breaks while Bayman is at +3 with all his defensive options and a faster character like Mila is at 0? theres no logical reason for him to be punished so badly for mis-timing just frame inputs.

General questions
-Can you bring back simple match that was taken out from DOA5, ranked match is a joke with players cherry picking opponents and many people don't prefer waiting in lobbies so a non-ranked quick match option would be ideal

- Can you allow a way for players to see who's all in a lobby before joining like back in DOA2U/DOA4 so we don't get this abe simpson gif in videogame form when a bum sees someone he doesn't like in the lobby and leaves right away

grandpa-simpson.gif

Last edited:
Why do you keep rushing to give us half assed doa5 (importance on 5) games when you should be delaying the release to personally take care of all the bugs and possible exploits? That is my main question Team Ninja.

*P.S.: Highlight the whole thing*

Your move.

How come Kokoro, Leifang, Nyotengu, and all the other girls with long hair have nice thick manes while Kasumi's is clear as plastic? Do you plan to fix up hair in LR?

Will a harder difficulty other than legend be added in LR? Some players want a bigger challenge, and the AI in legend can be too easy at times
Will Phase 4 receive more safe moves and teleport on block for ALL attacks?

1. Helena's PP2KP was one of my personal favorite combo enders in Dimensions. Why was it removed in DOA5?

2. I liked Sarah's short hair from her 2013 Halloween Costume. Do you plan on giving that (or something else) to Sarah as a new hair option on DOA5LR?

3. Eliot seems to be the only guy with an age less than 20 years old. Do you plan to make another male character around his age?

4. Speaking as a gaymer, the game has been attracting a diversified variety of players with interests different from your usual target market and plays the game for different reasons. Do you acknowledge them as potential customers? Do you do something for their personal needs/wants for the game? Why or why not?

Last edited:
1. Helena's PP2KP was one of my personal favorite combo enders in Dimensions. Why was it removed in DOA5?

2. I liked Sarah's short hair from her 2013 Halloween Costume. Do you plan on giving that (or something else) to Sarah as a new hair option on DOA5LR?

3. Eliot seems to be the only guy with an age less than 20 years old. Do you plan to make another male character around his age?

4. Speaking as a gaymer, the game has been attracting a diversified variety of players with interests different from your usual target market and plays the game for different reasons. Do you acknowledge them as potential customers? Do you do something for their personal needs/wants for the game? Why or why not?
Reading between the lines, I think your list numbers 3 + 4 can be summarized as "more male fan service". Good luck with that. I think shirtless dudes and MMA trunks is the best you're gonna get, though I don't think TN is completely unaware of your fanbase. Just the other day I saw a Jacky costume that certainly wasn't made with the hetero male gamer in mind...

Reading between the lines, I think your list numbers 3 + 4 can be summarized as "more male fan service".

Not necessarily... Question # 3 is more of an overall realization of the current male roster than fanservice while Question # 4 is addressed as a question of what they think of the minority indirectly attracted and patronizing their game.

I have some additional questions.

1) How come for Last Round, Team Ninja didn't decide to at least change the current stages to make them feel fresh? Example: Sakura at night and Sky City Tokyo during the daytime.
1a) If Team Ninja went this route, would they consider remixing the stage themes for DOA5?

2) Will DOA1 music tracks make a return in Last Round?

3) Is Honoka for beginners or is she going to be for more advanced players who have more of a grasp with the entire cast?

my main concern is,I have the core fighters edition on ps3, I purchased every character, are they goin to be cross buy on ps4? if anybody knows anything about this please reply

I just have about 3 questions that were already mentioned.

1.) Is it possible for them to fix the online mode for DOA5 LR?

2.) Can they finally give the male characters equal amount of costumes as the female characters DLC wise? And throw in some swimsuits, male bed and bath time DLC for the guys?

3.) Will we see rebalancing patches for DOA5 LR?

1. There are still characters who have not gotten their Legacy classic costumes yet...will this happen? Its absolutely ridiculous to see characters approaching 30 costumes while some have just broken 10-12

2. Its frustrating to see characters like Eliot who have only ever had one hair option get a new one while characters like Brad who have had more than one in previous games not have that option until finally DOA5LR. Why is there not equal treatment for less popular characters? ( Im pretty sure I just answered my own question)

3. Whatever happened to Brads change of Handstand Jump status 44/66? Why is Brad punished after 236P and it is a GB?

4. Will a customization system ever be present in future games? I remember an article stating that the individual personalities would be ruined if we had a system like that. While that may have some truth, Tekken and Virtua Fighters customization systems offer even more replayability and is the STANDARD now. Will you ignore this possibility for the future?

I'm just going to comment on this one. This is the fault of the community. Vanilla was designed to not do this by not showing any costumes you didn't have downloaded, like VF5FS. The majority complained about buying outfits but having opponents not see them. So they went the other way and required them to be downloaded so players who didn't own them could still see them. Its either one or the other.

It actually only works that way on Xbox as far as I'm aware. I've never had to download any mandatory catalogues on PS3.

I don't know why the 360 version works that way. Seems more like some weird microsoft policy.

Reactions: d3v
1. With 600+ costumes on the horizon, scrolling through the costumes to get the desired one is becoming very tedious. Would you consider implementing a Favourites system to save time? For example, a side menu activated by the L1/R1 or L2/R2 buttons would allow you to instantly access your favourite sets as in a playlist.

2. What is the probability of more stages, be it classic or original, as future DLC?

3. Will you provide more tie in content with other Koei Tecmo franchises such as the likes of the Warriors Orochi and Yaiba DLC?

4. Would you consider adding additional music through DLC?

EDIT:
5. For those new to the series, how about adding an Encyclopedia or Museum mode to help new players with the story mode?

1) DOA is highly renowned for introducing interactive stages and detailed environments in a fighting game. Is there a chance for TN to host a competition whereby fans can design and submit stages to potentially be implemented in upcoming DOA games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD