Community Have Questions for Team NINJA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are several massive events on the horizon for our community and a lot of you have had some pretty legitimate questions come up regarding things. More of you have had some completely insane questions, so if you fall into that particular camp, pass right on by. For the rest of you, we've been able to work out something I'm going to avoid calling an interview for a variety of reasons. That non-interview will be with Team NINJA directly.

We could have just whipped up a quick Q&A and posted it as an article, but we wanted to try something a little different. Those of you who've been around for a long enough time may have seen something similar in the past, but this is a different situation we're working with in 2015. We're going to open this up to all of you guys to ask the questions here. Before you get too excited, though, let's lay some ground rules.

First, we have to respect the fact that the Team has a plan in place for the new character regarding the media. You have to wait to find out the new character's favorite dessert, I'm afraid. Stay away from any questions that are very likely promised to traditional media outlets exclusively. For reference, look back at the Radiou reveal. Second, stay away from questions that are about unrevealed gameplay changes to the game. We will find that stuff out when they choose to fill us all in. Third, use common sense. If you ask a question that is deliberately inflammatory, your question won't be passed along. If you ask about something that hasn't been announced regarding other titles (I'm looking at you, DoAX fans), that question will similarly not be moved on.

That leaves you guys with quite a bit to mine for questions. Ever wondered why the team locked intros and such to 30fps? Might be a good question to ask here. Ever thought to yourself, "Self, why were High Level Jumps removed from the game?" Seriously, go nuts with questions here. A few of us will then screen the questions and probably fix some spelling and grammar before working with Team NINJA on getting things rolling.

We are working with an incredibly busy lead up to the launch of our new game with a brand new character reveal this week. There will be a delay, here. But we will get things polished up and pass the ball. Once we have a time table nailed down we will start to feed things back to the community and go from there. Please do not post questions more than once. If you don't want to ask your question publicly for whatever reason, send myself, @Rikuto or @Mr. Wah a direct conversation with the question and request your name be omitted. We may ultimately remove names from the questions anyway so it might be a non-issue but we do have some shy members.

Post away, ladies and gents.

1) With Online functionality being delayed for the Steam release of DOA5LR its obvious the team is taking extra care in its development. Can we expect an improved online experience and/or reduced lag compared to its console counterpart?

2) PC gamers are accustomed to games supporting play at their monitors native resolution which often times exceeds 1080p. Can we expect this support from the steam release? If not can we expect a patch later down the line to provide support for higher resolutions?

3) With PC not being tied down to the same limitations as consoles has the team experimented with any features or improvements/changes they otherwise couldn't implement on consoles?

I just realized that...sorry. That would be a bit OP.
Well according to the trailer she can do this. and nothing is OP about it IMO. I see it as a double edged sword. Sure you don't need a confirm hit but also remember her teleports attacks aren't guard breaks so on block I feel like her punishment is gonna be more severe.

1. There are still characters who have not gotten their Legacy classic costumes yet...will this happen? Its absolutely ridiculous to see characters approaching 30 costumes while some have just broken 10-12

I honestly wouldn't count too much on getting more Legacy classic costumes. The ones that were released didn't sell well from what I heard. Hence, why I think it's further proven since they're giving them away for free on LR. So... yeah... unfortunate that so many people buy the new/pervy DLCs.

With PS4 and Xbox One built in live stream , can you implement a tournament feed from twitch.tv into LR or DoA 6 Menus to keep the community posted on these events ?

In a few games developed from EA they usually have a veteran system and reward players who continue to support certain franchises , can we see something similar with the Doa franchise ? ex. an extra Title slot for online play(3), a color shader for costumes, a custom font for our names ...

DoA 4 lobby had avatars and colorful sandboxes w. a flatscreen tv drawn up to watch the fight going on ..
With PS4 / X1 incredible multitask abilities, large lobbies in DoA almost seem a thing of the past because ppl dont like waiting 30 minutes for their turn in line .. have you considered putting a better mini game or activity in the future of DoA ?

In DoA training you can reset the stage back to center , can you add a setting for players to choose where the characters reset on the stage ?

Can we see a slow-motion and rewind feature in the replay settings like they were in DoA 4? part 2 of the replay question is can you make Inputs and Frame data in training and replay both be available , theres plenty of room on the top of the screen for the move-list .

Lastly can we ever get CG animated endings again in the DoA franchise ? & Can the DLC costume pricing be re-evaluated ? $25 for Halloween DLC isn't fair , you can buy a brand new video game with a story co-op and tons of content for the same price versus 1 outfit for a few fighters .

1. There are still characters who have not gotten their Legacy classic costumes yet...will this happen? Its absolutely ridiculous to see characters approaching 30 costumes while some have just broken 10-12

2. Its frustrating to see characters like Eliot who have only ever had one hair option get a new one while characters like Brad who have had more than one in previous games not have that option until finally DOA5LR. Why is there not equal treatment for less popular characters? ( Im pretty sure I just answered my own question)

3. Whatever happened to Brads change of Handstand Jump status 44/66? Why is Brad punished after 236P and it is a GB?

4. Will a customization system ever be present in future games? I remember an article stating that the individual personalities would be ruined if we had a system like that. While that may have some truth, Tekken and Virtua Fighters customization systems offer even more replayability and is the STANDARD now. Will you ignore this possibility for the future?

With regards to Brad's Handstand jump it's still there, but it's a very very small window of time and only works in one direction- from regular handstand, only 66 will give him the jump properties. In reverse handstand , only 44 will give him the jump properties. It really doesn't do much for him, since people will press literally any button to knock him out of stance (I have almost never seen an opponent use 2P in this situation) but it is still there... for a frame or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD