Helena 1.03 Changes

vINv

I am really liking some of these buffs helena is my secondary and all n all as long as u get a mild stun game going u can do insta bokudo mix ups cb from bokudo woot good stuff as for as some the other stuff goes ppl should rember life bars reduced means we dont have to work as hard for our win every little bit counts guys

Omegan Eckhart

Thats good to here. But Helena didnt get any sidestep buffs alone right? Everyone got those buffs right?
Her side steps are buffed in the sense that all side steps recover in 5 frames instead of 10 now.

Her SSK is only good for side stepping end of string attacks or single hit attacks seeing as the kick comes out somewhat slow. The side step punch isn't as good but it comes out faster so it's better for interrupting mid string.

Doug Nguyen

Her side steps are buffed in the sense that all side steps recover in 5 frames instead of 10 now.

Her SSK is only good for side stepping end of string attacks or single hit attacks seeing as the kick comes out somewhat slow. The side step punch isn't as good but it comes out faster so it's better for interrupting mid string.
Oh ok yeah, basically an overall buff for all characters then. Wish they made her bokuho faster too.

DR2K

Thats good to here. But Helena didnt get any sidestep buffs alone right? Everyone got those buffs right?

Helena has moves worth using out of step. It's a bigger benefit than say Christie who has a shit moves from SS.(not count JK stance, which is awesome)

A lot of people are dismissing system changes when it comes to character balance. Helena is a character that benefits a lot from lower health and better SS.

Doug Nguyen

So does Helenas loops from her grabs work anymore? I heard 6PP from 214F+P doesnt work anymore. So i assume 3PP from BT F+P wont work either? If so this is a major nerf for me personally, I always use those loops,

DR2K

So does Helenas loops from her grabs work anymore? I heard 6PP from 214F+P doesnt work anymore. So i assume 3PP from BT F+P wont work either? If so this is a major nerf for me personally, I always use those loops,

Her fruit loops still work. Check the last round.

Everything still works.

KwonJigglypuff

I'm a bit lost, is 33P4P different after the patch or what, I mean, as a combo ender ?
Also, is her PP4K different too?

EDIT : don't know if I'm paranoïd, but it seems that the connection doesn't always work either with her BT 4PPP.

Omegan Eckhart

I'm a bit lost, is 33P4P different after the patch or what, I mean, as a combo ender ?
Also, is her PP4K different too?

EDIT : don't know if I'm paranoïd, but it seems that the connection doesn't always work either with her BT 4PPP.
All of her 3in1's were changed so the opponent can tech before the last hit lands when airborne. BT4PK still works though. No idea about PP4K I'm afraid.

KwonJigglypuff

All of her 3in1's were changed so the opponent can tech before the last hit lands when airborne. BT4PK still works though. No idea about PP4K I'm afraid.

Well that sucks, pffffff, sometimes I just hate TN. :/

It doesn't change a lot her gameplay, but that's a bit frustrating.

CrimsonCJ

I would suggest using 236PKP, it does more damage and wake up kicks no longer stun on NH so dealing with them isn't such as big deal any more.
I really hate that range, though, personally. The damage almost isn't worth it because of the run up, which people tend to react well out of (and teching it still is a better proposition than 33P4P even with the nerf). But none of her other options are fantastically stronger.

Personally, I'm trying to figure out more juggles ending in 8PP2P. The tech is not *nearly* as useful (and it's hard as heck), but it's still relatively close and gives you some effective advantage. I kinda like it right now.

DR2K

pp4k at a string ender used to knock back, now it relaunches.

Her force techs still work off of max launch height, which is rare to get with Helena.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD