Helena combo thread

Codemaster92163

Some of her BKO combos from DOAD still work.

Examples of which are
236PK 236PKP
4PPK 33P4P
P 66KPP
P BKO 4PK 33PK

I'll find out more later (I've had this for all of 10 minutes so far)

Sora

Is there a norm on how to test combos? I've been reading that a lot of people set the CPU stagger recovery to at least 'fast' and consider those to be 'virtually guaranteed' combos. Anything else would be a potential reset at best, or so people have said.

Codemaster92163

Let's see... and I know there's a lot of 4Ps in here, but most of them are after the launch so it's mildly irrelevant xD

:2::F+K: > :4::P: > :4::P+K: > :4::P::K: > :4::P:: > :4::K: > :4::P::P::P:
:K::K: > :P::4::P: > :4::P::K: > :6::P::4::P: > :4::P::P::P:
:3::3::P: > :8::P: > SS :P: > :7::P: > BKO :6::6::P: > :4::P::P::K: > :3::3::P::4::P: The timing on this last part is strict

There's more, of course, but I hate typing those buttons out so I'm giving up for now =P

XV MR ARMANI

This game is too slick lol. These are the combos I found out so far with some good damage.
:8::K:>:6::P::P:>:3::K:>:7::P:>:8::K:>:6::P::4::P:>:4::P::P::P: (96 Dmg)
:K::K:>:6::P::P:>:7::P:>BKO:P+K:>:4::P::P::h:>:4::P::K:>BKO:2::K:(104 Dmg)
:6::P+K:>:3::3::P::4::P:>:8:>:7::P:>BKO:P+K:>:4::P+K:>:4::P::P::P: (106 Dmg)

DR2K

BKO throw 4ppk 8pp2p highest damage combo off bokuho without wall

BKO throw 8p qcfpkp on wall is her highest damage combo so far

Codemaster92163

I don't know - I never have an issue pulling it off except for in instances of severe lag. I guess it's whatever comes out more consistently for the player =P

Doug Nguyen

Weird seeing how all of us Helena players are using the same tools and combos. Ive used almost all of these combos.

KwonJigglypuff

I hate how 214P4P makes the ennemy fall immediately after (BKO) 6P.

Some of these flashy new moves she has are too risky to use too.

I only use BKO Throw 4PPK 8PP2P, I feel confortable using it.

I need a Helena combo video.

XV MR ARMANI

She feels very limited.. but I've only had the game for 2 days so that might change.

Any rumors on a patch for Helena? If they added in her PP2KP and/or buffed the damage on her 3n1's I will be a happy man lol.

Ghengis_John

Is there a norm on how to test combos? I've been reading that a lot of people set the CPU stagger recovery to at least 'fast' and consider those to be 'virtually guaranteed' combos. Anything else would be a potential reset at best, or so people have said.
I'd like to know this as well. Just because I have a combo I'd like to submit and I don't want to look like an idiot. What are the guide lines for a submission?

She feels very limited.. but I've only had the game for 2 days so that might change.

Any rumors on a patch for Helena? If they added in her PP2KP and/or buffed the damage on her 3n1's I will be a happy man lol.
Shimbori supposedly said in a stream they were going to look into buffing Helena. In what ways? Who knows.

ScattereDreams

BKO :F+P: -> :4::P::P::K: -> :3_::P::4::P:

I love this combo. If they do not tech the 33p4p they get forced teched by BKO :6::P: and even if they do tech they're still vulnerable to her mix up's. It's like her old BKO throw 1k untechable, except this isn't really guaranteed, but offers damage, and still gives Helena the advantage.

XV MR ARMANI

Shimbori supposedly said in a stream they were going to look into buffing Helena. In what ways? Who knows.

Great, I am looking forward to it. Hopefully they don't Viola her lmao, any SC person knows what I'm talking about.

Huge Edit:

BKO :F+P: -> :4::P::P::K: -> :3_::P::4::P:

I love this combo. If they do not tech the 33p4p they get forced teched by BKO :6::P: and even if they do tech they're still vulnerable to her mix up's. It's like her old BKO throw 1k untechable, except this isn't really guaranteed, but offers damage, and still gives Helena the advantage.

Just got a great idea for some tech mind games. If I'm wrong, let me know lol. I just want to get some ideas kickstarted so we all can enjoy our character like everyone else is.

Okay, say you do a simple combo:

:9::P::2::K:>(BKO):K:>:7::P:(CB!)>(BKO):P+K:>:4::P+K:>:4::P::K:

Your still in Bokuho so:
  • If the opponent mid kicks off the ground (:K:) you can do (BKO):2::2: and followup with a (BKO):F+P: combo or some other Bokuho madness.
  • If the opponent low sweeps of the ground (:2::K:) you can (BKO):8:>:1::h: for hold damage. -Might need to be tested.
  • If the opponent techs off of the ground you can run up and do a (BKO):F+P: combo.

Omegan Eckhart

I'd like to know this as well. Just because I have a combo I'd like to submit and I don't want to look like an idiot. What are the guide lines for a submission?
Don't submit any combo's tested on normal hit lol Test all combo's on counter hit.

:9::P::2::K:>(BKO):K:>:7::P:(CB!)>(BKO):P+K:>:4::P+K:>:4::P::K:

This combo is solid, but replace the last :4::P+K:>:4::P::K: with :4::P+K:>:4::K:>:4::P::P::P: for more damage. It is guaranteed up to mid weight and still leaves you in BKO.

Dan

Simple Combo: 97% damage (12+ down attack)
icon_6.png
icon_k.png
icon_k.png
icon_k.png
icon_7.png
P.png
(Critical burst),
icon_7.png
icon_k.png
icon_left.png
P.png
+
icon_k.png
icon_left.png
P.png
P.png
P.png
... (stomp
icon_down.png
icon_k.png
)
hits: mid kick, low, high, mid punch(CB!), mid kick launch

Dan

Combo 2: 95% damage (push back into wall 113%)
icon_down.png
icon_k.png
icon_k.png
icon_6.png
P.png
P.png
icon_7.png
P.png
(CB!),
icon_7.png
icon_k.png
P.png
P.png
icon_left.png
P.png
P.png

Hits: low, mid kick, mid punch mid punch (leaves them into a Sit down stun), mid punch (CB!)

Omegan Eckhart

These combo's you have posted are cool but they are normal hit combo's, you will never land these in a match.

:6::K: Launches on CH so you won't be able to land the CB combo from it.
:2::K::K: Against an opponent who is blocking (NH) the low kick won't stun so the second kick will be blocked, and on CH the second kick launches so again no CB combo.

A friendly piece of advice, when trying out combo's in training mode go to Training Settings > (4) Counters > Always Counter. This will help you build practical combo's that will work in matches.

Reactions: Dan
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD