Helena Video Thread

Omegan Eckhart

Just a thread for videos, old ones and new ones.

Current game play standards are ass as you might expect but it's better than nothing.

DR2K

In the Christie vid with the sexy bikini the AI uses a new string that allows for Helena to do a force tech.

Omegan Eckhart

If that guarantees a force tech that'll be nice, not sure if Ayane just failed to get up. Also Helena should be able to CB from that string seeing as it does... 5 hits(?)

Codemaster92163

That second video is great news for me. Her BKO K does a stun again, so I'm glad about that, and she retained her 4P+K from BT for additional juggle damage/options.

Wellp, we're only a few days away from release, so we'll see how bad she is shortly =P

Codemaster92163

Yes. In Dimensions, she had a single-hit High in her backturned stance. It was fast, kept her back turned and was a relaunch. So, in 4, you would use something like PP4K PP4PPP. In dimensions, it would be the same, but after the launch, you would use 4P+K to get in some additional damage.

Go to 0:30 in the second video. You'll see it. It's not as potent as it was in dimensions from what I can see, but at least it's still an option.

Omegan Eckhart

Yes. In Dimensions, she had a single-hit High in her backturned stance. It was fast, kept her back turned and was a relaunch. So, in 4, you would use something like PP4K PP4PPP. In dimensions, it would be the same, but after the launch, you would use 4P+K to get in some additional damage.
Oh okay, I passed on Dimensions. For a minute I thought she had an attack in 4 that I somehow missed for 7 years :eek:

Omegan Eckhart

Fairly decent Helena play.
I don't usually kiss men but I'll make an exception in your case.

So we got a new variant to 9PP which looks like it goes mid/mid/low now.

1PPK looks like it can be used to force tech off of a wall hit, will have to test it out though.

BT 4PK now leaves you in BKO, it also causes a nice bounce for juggles without the need for a lot of pre launch stun(?)

Lastly I didn't see the Ayane player counter after being hit by 7P at all during the match so maybe unholdable?

On a slightly amusing note listen to Ayane @ 2:45, made me laugh for some reason.

Einzelkind

I can't really tell if the Ayane player just doesn't know how to tech roll or if he can't get up after Helena slams Ayane to the ground. Of course I'd prefer the latter. We don't really know much about how force techs work in 5 other than the invincibility frames being longer, do we? Maybe sacrificing damage for getting a guaranteed forch tech is the way to go for Helena. The question is, if this will have much use when most of her attacks are unsafe. It also looks like BT 4pk only gives a ground bounce on backturned opponents, but I only watched the video once.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD