Helena Video Thread

MCDOA

Great vid!

The video description says that handslaps remove wake up kicks from the equation. How's that? Because of the 6P that you should do after it? I have to try that out, because I love to force tech people, and I misstime 2K while in BKO way too often.

DR2K

Great vid!

The video description says that handslaps remove wake up kicks from the equation. How's that? Because of the 6P that you should do after it? I have to try that out, because I love to force tech people, and I misstime 2K while in BKO way too often.

You have to tech to avoid the force tech, so you can't use a wake up kick, but you're also at disadvantage since you're being attacked as you get up.

Doug Nguyen

Nice video, i really like the use of the BKO hand slaps. Wish her hand slaps werent all mid punches though because i use those so much.

DR2K

This is what happens when you don't tech Helena.

Spoiler: You fall off a fuckig mountain.

Nerf please.

Doug Nguyen

Mamba makes Helena look like top tier:

Some people actually do think she's top tier now. Funny thing is that this whole pseudo force tech tactics have been around for a few months for Helena, it just takes a popular tournament and pro players to create such a topic of conversation.

MCDOA

I read through the entire thread about the Finals. It makes me worry that instead of some buffs, her forched techs will be removed because of all the whining. Mamba doesn't get nearly enough credit for winning.

Batcommander

I read through the entire thread about the Finals. It makes me worry that instead of some buffs, her forched techs will be removed because of all the whining. Mamba doesn't get nearly enough credit for winning.
I feel ya on that. Shit, if someone won a tourney with Lisa i'd be all up in arms for them. But it seems Mamba's victory is downplayed by petty squabbling atm, regardless of Helena's force tech being bullshit or not.

Chaos

It seems like everytime a tournament player use one of the characters best tools TN always nerf them or remove them.
As I'm watching these videos, I'm starting to understand Helena's greatest strength and her techniques

:helena: new Helena player over here.

Omegan Eckhart

It seems like everytime a tournament player use one of the characters best tools TN always nerf them or remove them.
As I'm watching these videos, I'm starting to understand Helena's greatest strength and her techniques

:helena: new Helena over here.
Glad you liked em ^_^ I might try and make a combo video soon.

XV MR ARMANI

Whats the difference between doing 33P and 7K after a sitdown stun? With 33P I get a lower launch and with 7K I get a higher launch and more damage.

Omegan Eckhart

Whats the difference between doing 33P and 7K after a sitdown stun? With 33P I get a lower launch and with 7K I get a higher launch and more damage.
7K can be slow escaped and countered or blocked. 33P is guaranteed.

3PPP, 6PP & SSP give +15 frames, every attack activates 1 frame after it's initial start up frames. 33P is i13 becoming i14 and 7K is i15 becoming i16. This is why 33P is guaranteed and 7K is not.

If you have the opportunity to use 33P after a sit down stun and instead choose to use 7K you are throwing away a guaranteed attack/launch in the hopes that your opponent doesn't slow escape correctly.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD