Helena's needed improvements

DR2K

I don't know why people keep saying that she's "unsafe."
Helena seems fine to me, i never have any trouble with her at all.
There is no need for a buff.

Because it's a fact that on block she's the most unsafe character in the game, one of the slowest, and lowest damaging charcters in the game. Since you're doing so great it obviously refutes the facts.

MasterGamer

The frame data may show that she is the worst character in the game, but has anyone thought of what that means? Are we whining because she has the title "the worst character in the game" or because she is seriously maimed vs the rest of the cast and just CANNOT win against a pro unless she gets lucky? I happen to think that Helena is quite good as is. If it hasn't been discussed I think we need to examine the position of "worst character" in a balanced game. Just how bad is the worst character, and if it's not that bad, can we live with it?

CrimsonCJ

The frame data may show that she is the worst character in the game, but has anyone thought of what that means? Are we whining because she has the title "the worst character in the game" or because she is seriously maimed vs the rest of the cast and just CANNOT win against a pro unless she gets lucky? I happen to think that Helena is quite good as is. If it hasn't been discussed I think we need to examine the position of "worst character" in a balanced game. Just how bad is the worst character, and if it's not that bad, can we live with it?

Honestly? The title of "worst character in the game" is a badge of honor. Makes clobbering unsuspecting others really sweet. But the whining is about how badly Helena performs against someone who understands how to approach Helena. It really is, it's not a firewall. It'd be nice for that fight not to be a wildly uphill climb.

(Though I don't want to be too down on her. She's still a very, very fun character )

Zeo

According to Max, Helena is one of the 3 "broken" characters in the game because there's "too much guessing" involved in her gameplay.

DR2K

She's the worst character in the game because she's literally the worst character in the game. Lowest damage output, unsafe, slow moves, nerfed in every way.

I can not find a single character on the roster with worse attributes. They just do no make any logical sense.

Lets look at what makes a good character. Safety, speed, range, damage, guaranteed set ups, advantage, etc. . . Helena has. . . just about none and excels at none and gets punished more for it. Very confusing design choice, can you think of anything rational that would allow for Helena to have all these disadvantages?

According to Max, Helena is one of the 3 "broken" characters in the game because there's "too much guessing" involved in her gameplay.

I agree they need to nerf her and give her more guaranteed options.

Princess Kasumi

i just picked up helena yesterday and i do a lot better with her than using kasumi.
helena has a better guessing-game than kasumi also her range too. kasumi and helena share the same move 2kk helena's 2nd hit has more range.

helena's 9k 14frames is good as whiff punish, you can use pp4pp total dmg 49.

i wish helena's 9k had a little more range. eliot has 9kk 13frames and is more unsafe 16- helena's 9-

BlackDiamond890

Helena :9: :K: is actually terrible, in my experience...

The second hit can still be held out of, both avoiding the launch and punishing her to high hell because of it. :7: :K: generally gives a better launch, and a stronger juggle on CH and still leads into the pseudo-force tech situation.

I truly wish that :6: :P: :4: :P: was a true 3-in-1... Sure, it's a 3-in-1 on normal hit and on block, but it can be countered on the second hit on CH! 3-in-1's shouldn't be counterable specifically on CH, which is what Helena revolves around!

I was going to mention that she may need a more reliable low crush, but that only happens when something like :3: :3: :P: launches unexpectedly and I continue the string. Her current low crushes are awful and not reliable at all, :9: :K: low crushes really late, and it has a chance to randomly miss, launch or just plain lose, :8: :K: is high, and as most low hits high crush, this is almost useless as a low crush, and :6: :6: :K: is decent, but situational, and has a very small window to crush... Is there one or more that I'm missing?

EDIT: Oh! That is another thing! I want there to be a way to choose between :2: :K: and her down attack. She can down attack from both standing and from BKO, which sometimes will take priority of BKO Sweep, or standing :2: :K: :K:. :2: :K: :K: is very heavily delayable, and I like to use it to purposely whiff a grounded opponent and launch them when they try to attack my "recovery".

I've since stopped using that tactic in place of her force-tech option, but it was still nice to use on occasions when I couldn't BKO :6: :P: them, such as after wall hits.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD