System How do you feel about the patch notes and stage?

Azuchi.jpg

We've already seen that a new character from Samurai Warriors is coming out next month... but at least the new stage is from DOA; Azuchi -- from DOA3. This classic level not only looks gorgeous but has plenty of walls and torches to send people through staying true to the importance of environmental damage.

The patch notes are here, and they have stirred up a lot of controversy in the competitive group. From Sweet Revenge being salty about Genfu's 44P nerf, to Sly Bass mentioning Akira's changes. Some of the adjustments are still a little hard to understand, but the translations will give you a good idea what to expect.

I just want beast Rachel back. I can't use her against high skilled players cuz she's so punishable

For those who are assuming Ayane's 66KK and BTPP6KK are changed; Its saying 66K, not 66KK. Its basically saying that 66K will hit an opponent that just so happens to be in a "squatting" position from doing something. Not crouching.

So Ayane remains unchanged, which is completely fine by me.

Raidou basically got pointless changes, no nerfs so eh, whatever.

Momiji I'm interested in, if 6k launches higher now that'll be a great change, and her elbow, dunno what that's all about.

The nerf on Gen Fu's 44P is justified. That move was ridiculous at +19 on block. Happy about the buffs for Jacky, even though they are small buffs. Kind of bummed about the nerf to Momiji's PP6P/6P+K, but it is still a safe move so it isn't really that game changing.

Yeah but there is something changed on the elbows properties, it may be better on hit now. It was never a good move to use on block anyways.

The thing that interested me is that a good amount of the buffs pertain to dealing with squatting opponents, I'm definitely impressed by that. I'm also happy that Phase's mid P hold will now send the opponent into walls now, which greatly increased the hold's versatility and damage potential. Kasumi's buffs are definitely the icing on the cake for me, even if they're not that major.

Helena didn't get squat (I kind of wish they did something so I don't get bored), but I guess you can say that Sar Bear's got a tiny buff. Overall, no complaining from me.

Jann Lee remains untouched for the most part, a few frame changes here and there would have been nice, but hey, at least he didn't get nerfed again. And if they're actually increasing the hitbox on H+K, it could become a valuable asset in his spacing game.

And Azuchi is just godlike. Can't wait for it.

Naotora has a couple of similar like long strings that require you to press one button and one movement input. Her movement is also similar to that of Rachel and Hitomi. Her Power Launcher setup to the combo is also simple to do and will work on all weights except for Heavies and above. It does around 50-60% damage depending on the string prior to the PL setup. She also has plenty of reset and force tech setups she brings to the table. Not sure if most of her moves are safe/unsafe, but for sure her 236K,P (Extended Tornado Kick) is a free grab on block. She has plenty of potential of being a strong character. Just need to see her frame data and look more in depth with her combos.

I will try my best to record her gameplay tomorrow before or after an Akihabara DOA5AU tournament I'm going too. However, recording matches inside arcades aren't allowed and frowned upon.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD