How often do you go back to play the older games?

P2p1mbs

I'm quite sure that most if not everyone here plays some iteration of doa5, but what about the older games? Personally, when I first got my 360 in 2012, I tracked down every doa game I could find that was compatible; I bought used copies of 2 ultimate, 3 and 4 and still play them every few weeks back to back just to see and feel how much the series has changed since I started playing.

What about you? Do you guys still play the older games or do you just stick with 5?

Sammy-Fu

Haven't played the older ones in awhile, Love the graphics and sexyness of DOA5 too much. The artstyle is just stunning and the fighting is on par too so i don't go back very often, i keep them as collectors items though just in case i do decided to go back.

JetLag83

Now and then I will.. Im so addicted to LR that it has been a while.. DOA Ultimate on Xbox was the last game I played as far as going back to a older game and playing it. I tend to stay hooked on the current game until the next one in the series comes out but once in a while it's fun to take a trip down memory lane.

WAZAAAAA

Now and then I will.. Im so addicted to LR that it has been a while.. DOA Ultimate on Xbox was the last game I played as far as going back to a older game and playing it. I tend to stay hooked on the current game until the next one in the series comes out but once in a while it's fun to take a trip down memory lane.
I still play DOAO (DOA2U online PC). And you should too.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I go back at least once a month to play DOA2U and DOA4 and DOA1, but after like 30 minutes, I kinda get bored and return to DOA5LR.

Sammy-Fu

It's cool to know most people feel the same way as me, Last round is just the best, lol. It's not even the best DOA game, it's one of the best fighters out there, imo. I play them all and i can happily say, Blaz Blue (PS4) Tekken 6, Ultra Street Fighter 4, Persona 4 arena Ultimax, Guilty Gear (PS4), Arcana Hearts, Mortal Kombat X....there really isn't any current gen fights that i would play over Last Round.

Not quite up there with a couple of my personal favourites like Alpha 2 gold or Darkstalkers 3 but it's pretty damn close. (Personal opinion)

P2p1mbs

no one likes going back to 4 i see...
cant really blame you, i play back thru 2u, 3 and 4 frequently and i find 4 honestly less fun than the others and the one that holds up the least...

JetLag83

no one likes going back to 4 i see...
cant really blame you, i play back thru 2u, 3 and 4 frequently and i find 4 honestly less fun than the others and the one that holds up the least...
Really? I actually feel like 4 holds up well. I played that game religiously until 5 came out.

P2p1mbs

Really? I actually feel like 4 holds up well. I played that game religiously until 5 came out.
i didnt really like the gameplay changes made in 4 and compared to 2 ultimate, i dont really see much improvement in graphics, the character models particularly look really dated compared to 5 and i think 2 ultimate and 3 still look good to this day (then again, i personally played 4 after i got 5 so my opinion is kinda skewed in that regard)

JetLag83

i didnt really like the gameplay changes made in 4 and compared to 2 ultimate, i dont really see much improvement in graphics, the character models particularly look really dated compared to 5 and i think 2 ultimate and 3 still look good to this day (then again, i personally played 4 after i got 5 so my opinion is kinda skewed in that regard)
2 ultimate and 3 are still great games though. 3 on Xbox I played so much that I ignored quit a few big name games at the time that had been released for Xbox due to me being so obsessed with DOA 3. DOA 4 was the first game of any genra I had ever really got into online gaming with... Oh yeah can't forget doa ultimate on xbox as well, played the hell outta that game :) but like I said part 4 on 360 is the first game I played online against other people.

Psylent

I wish I had the option to go back and play the other games. But for now I just stick with doa5LR.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD