How will you use Lisa in 5U?

AkaShocka

From what I hear Lisa has got a few more throws and little bit of nerfs . I am not fully sure with this information so I may be wrong. So, let's get to it, how will you use Lisa in 5U? Also I hear 9k doesn't cause sit down on anymore NH. Begin!

Itz King Beebop

Even though she got some nerfs (18i 1p, no sitdown on 9k on NH) she still managed to get some new stuff like her BT OH... and depending on how the move actually works out (how fast it is, and the range) I'd most likely be working on my BT game until then. I also heard that they might have given her some new stuff from her Carrera, anyone got anything on that?

Itz King Beebop

Even though she got some nerfs (18i 1p, no sitdown on 9k on NH) she still managed to get some new stuff like her BT OH... and depending on how the move actually works out (how fast it is, and the range) I'd most likely be working on my BT game until then. I also heard that they might have given her some new stuff from her Carrera, anyone got anything on that?
But then again, an OH wouldn't be able to change her gameplay that much unless it was as good of an OH as her low OH or her head grab OH

AkaShocka

Well the new throw kinda makes her roll so it high crushes and it may be able to crush some mids. And also the OH might be able to change her play because it goes through attacks, so you won't worry about getting hit when doing that OH.

DR2K

Not looking forward to nerfed Lisa, but we don't know all her tools just yet.

AkaShocka

Well either way, I won't drop Lisa. Nerfed or Buffed. I really just want to be on the top 5 highest ranking Lisa's on the leaderboards. Thats my goal in ultimate.

Tones

Premium Donor
I'll just have to find another high crush to spam in close range.

Do people know of any other changes?

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
After seeing what they've done to her I'm glad I don't use her anymore. THANKS FOR RUNING LISA TONES!(Yes I am blaming you).

synce

Those 3 extra frames on 1P really hurt. I've never been knocked out of the move until last night. So I'm thinking of changing up my strategy to something a little more original, only possible in 5U... I'll upload some replays if it works out (don't get your hopes up though, it's incredibly stupid lol)

Itz King Beebop

Those 3 extra frames on 1P really hurt. I've never been knocked out of the move until last night. So I'm thinking of changing up my strategy to something a little more original, only possible in 5U... I'll upload some replays if it works out (don't get your hopes up though, it's incredibly stupid lol)
I'm sure that they toned down the speed on the move because people on the last game have used the move for more than just high crushing (which was meant to be the only use) and now that people have to properly crush with that move, lisa players are either going to get more efficient or just be bad and end up dropping the character anyway. Hitomi's 4P is 19i and I've seen numerous Hitomi players crush on point with that move... so if our 1P is one frame faster (18I) shouldn't we be just as fine crushing with that move as Hitomi players are with 4P? To tell the truth, the only characters that'll give you trouble crushing are Helena and Leifang. Then again, maybe I'm wrong... but only the future will tell...

Tones

Premium Donor
Yeah i18 is still heaps. I use Brad Wong's 2k+f as a high crush close in quite a bit which is 18 frames.

After seeing what they've done to her I'm glad I don't use her anymore. THANKS FOR RUNING LISA TONES!(Yes I am blaming you).
Sweet. How is Lisa ruined? The game doesn't come out here until another 2 weeks, I need to know so I can mentally prepare myself so I can still wreck house.

Last edited:

ailingeternity

Yeah i18 is still heaps. I use Brad Wong's 2k+f as a high crush close in quite a bit which is 18 frames.

Sweet. How is Lisa ruined? The game doesn't come out here until another 2 weeks, I need to know so I can mentally prepare myself so I can still wreck house.

:lisa:Summary of Lisa's changes;:lisa:

THE NEW

:214: :F::+::K: - Power launcher, chargeable, 25-32 frames, 40 dmg. Has very strong juggles.
BT :6::F::+::P: - New OH, 32 frames, INSANE range, tracks, evades highs and lows at different intervals, 65 damage. Has different animation when used on BT opponents. This move atm balances out her nerfs for me, works incredibly well with her BT transitions.

THE GOOD

:6::P::4::P::P: - Causes the new knockdown, you can follow-up afterwards with :1::P::K: if you dash in, lightweights can be juggled with :7::K::6: ~ CAR :P::+::K:.
:426: :F::+::P: - Damage increased to 76 (ala DOA4). 114 on HCT (Ouch!).

THE BAD

:1::P: - Changed from 15 frame startup to 18.
Ground :F::+::K: - No longer causes unshakable stun, pushes the enemy back, follow-up is back.
:1::K: - -8 on NH hit, combos into :1::K::K: on CH.
:6::F::+::K: - No longer offers free force tech.
:3::3::K: - New launch animation, launch height reduced.
:8::K:/:6::P::8::K: - New launch animation, launch height reduced.
BT :7::K: - New launch animation, launch height reduced.

THE TWEAKS

:9::K: - Does not cause sit-down stun on NH any more, only on CH and HCH, it's now a +25 critical stun on NH, enough to start shenanigans.
:6::P::K: - No longer NC. Advantage increased to +2 from 0 on NH.
:6::P::K::4:/:3::K::4: - No longer NC. Now +7 on hit from +5 on NH.
:K::2::K::K: - Now combos into itself instead of causing knockdown.
:6::F::+::P: - New animation when used on BT opponents.
:6::6::F::+::P: - New animation when used on BT oppoenents.
:6::4::F::+::P: - New animation on BT opponents (the old :4::4::F::+::P:/:6::F::+::P:) damage increased to 76.

Power Launcher Juggles

You can set-up her juggles by pressing :P: and free cancelling it, the moment after she launches.

Lightweights
:7::K::6:, :7::K::6:, :4::P::K:, :F::+::P:- 115 dmg
Midweights
:7::K::6:, :4::P::K:, :6::K:, :F::+::P: - 114 dmg
Heavyweights
:7::K::6:, :6::P::8::K:, :F::+::P: - 105 dmg

At the wall set-up with a hold (:7::F:, :4::F:, :1::F: etc.) and follow with, :4::P::K:, :6::K:, :4::P::K::K: on all weight classes. You'll find there are slightly more powerful combos you can use against lighter characters but they highly lack consistency.

On the whole, Lisa is most definitely nerfed but I feel she's still solid, very few buffs around the board, some of her tweaks could be considered buffs or nerfs by others. She has less damage from juggles, little to no low game (:1::K: is awful now) and has to rely on her shenanigans much more with an improved throw game.

Anyway that's all for now...

Last edited:

AkaShocka

THE NEW

:214: :F::+::K: - Power launcher, chargeable, 25-32 frames, 40 dmg. Has very strong juggles.
BT :6::F::+::P: - New OH, 32 frames, INSANE range, tracks, evades highs and lows at different intervals, 65 damage. Has different animation when used on BT opponents. This move atm balances out her nerfs for me, works incredibly well with her BT transitions.

THE GOOD

:6::P::4::P::P: - Causes the new knockdown, you can follow-up afterwards with :1::P::K: if you dash in, lightweights can be juggled with :7::K::6: ~ CAR :P::+::K:.

THE BAD

Ground :F::+::K: - No longer causes unshakable stun, pushes the enemy back, follow-up is back.

THE TWEAKS

:9::K: - Does not cause sit-down stun on NH any more, only on CH and HCH, it's now a +25 critical stun on NH, enough to start shenanigans.
:6::4::F::+::P: - New animation on BT opponents (the old :4::4::F::+::P:/:6::F::+::P:) damage increased to 76.

Power Launcher Juggles

You can set-up her juggles by pressing :P: and free cancelling it, the moment after she launches.

Lightweights
Midweights
Heavyweights
:7::K::6:, :4::P::K:, :F::+::P: - 103 dmg

At the wall set-up with a hold (:7::F:, :4::F:, :1::F: etc.) and follow with, :4::P::K:, :6::K:, :4::P::K::K: on all weight classes. You'll find there are slightly more powerful combos you can use against lighter characters but they highly lack consistency.

On the whole, Lisa is most definitely nerfed but I feel she's still solid, very few buffs around the board, some of her tweaks could be considered buffs or nerfs by others. She has less damage from juggles, little to no low game (:1::K: is awful now) and has to rely on her shenanigans much more with an improved throw game.

You're awesome for telling me this. I must go into the lab!!! I thank you in ways you don't understand.. :p

b-bombs

Standard Donor

THE NEW

THE GOOD

THE BAD

THE TWEAKS

Power Launcher Juggles

Lightweights
Midweights
Heavyweights
:7::K::6:, :6::P::8::K:, :F::+::P: - 105 dmg

This is GOLDEN information. Thanks so much for putting this together.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD