How will you use Lisa in 5U?

Tones

Premium Donor
Depends on the character you're playing against. Lei Fang, Brad Wong, Ayane, Eliot fall easy prey to the low OH.

ailingeternity

:1::K:, :6::6::P: and :6::K: work best for that because of their low follow-ups, :1::K: is too risky though. I find :3::F::+::P: works much better as a punisher for really unsafe moves that leave your opponent in crouching state.

What are the best lows for baiting :3::F+P::5::F+P:? The combo potential is insane but nobody wants to low hold me dammit
really!? everybody low holds me as a easy way outta my pressure, since i always keep the random jab in my stun strings to keep you guessing, and more people during the match will low hold than not so im used to waiting and reacting to it, so hey i guess thats a way to bait people. while you stunning people put in a jab and wait for the low hold

Batcommander

I still use Lisa the same as I did in vanilla--keepaway and zoning. The only difference is that now I don't rely on :1::P: for pressure; i use jabs, :6::P:, and :4::F+K: as my GTFO me move. Even tho her guard breaks are nerfed, she can still apply pressure well on block--i just like annoying my opponents by running away all day lol.

ailingeternity

Even tho her guard breaks are nerfed, she can still apply pressure well on block--i just like annoying my opponents by running away all day lol.
I really have to disagree man :( she's just too unsafe and her mixup is really poor now her :1::P: and :1::K: are nerfed. Her BT transitions on block still force her to crush and/or be on the defensive immediately after now that they're nerfed too, any mid string that involves mixup instantly puts her back on the defense (This however can be a good thing if you read your opponent correctly). She still has BT :P::+::K: but the only situation that it's effective imo is after :9::K: on FT and it's easily evaded. :6::6::P: on block, as I've mentioned far too many times is a great 50/50 setup but since :6::6::P::P: isn't a guaranteed limbo stun it's a bit of a fart in a whirlwind most of the time if you don't get it. I get better success turtling with Lisa now, :4::4::h::+::P: is just too fun to throw punish with. She's still decent when she's got the stun game going because of her hold baiting potential and OH setups she can use, but it's all about utilizing the space that she has and netting those counter hits for trickery.

Cylith

I really have to disagree man :( she's just too unsafe and her mixup is really poor now her :1::P: and :1::K: are nerfed. Her BT transitions on block still force her to crush and/or be on the defensive immediately after now that they're nerfed too, any mid string that involves mixup instantly puts her back on the defense (This however can be a good thing if you read your opponent correctly). She still has BT :P::+::K: but the only situation that it's effective imo is after :9::K: on FT and it's easily evaded. :6::6::P: on block, as I've mentioned far too many times is a great 50/50 setup but since :6::6::P::P: isn't a guaranteed limbo stun it's a bit of a fart in a whirlwind most of the time if you don't get it. I get better success turtling with Lisa now, :4::4::h::+::P: is just too fun to throw punish with. She's still decent when she's got the stun game going because of her hold baiting potential and OH setups she can use, but it's all about utilizing the space that she has and netting those counter hits for trickery.
I completely agree with you. I notice I can't be AS aggressive as I'm used to from vanilla. I still stay close, personal preference of me wanting to be in, but I'm more willing to back up in Ultimate. ESPECIALLY versus Kasumi, Ayane, and Rig. Honestly, Rig is a much harder fight for me since she received her speed nerf in this version.

Batcommander

i know her pressure game is nerfed, but its still decent against slower people. Against fast people, i would never advise staying in their faces anyways. :P::P::K: and :P::P::2::K: are criminally underrated imo for pressure, they're both hard to read because they look similar, and they both grant space and frame advantage on block. When they start getting held or dodged, you mixup with :P::P::P: and :P::P::4: shenanigans.

But i hear what you guys are saying, we definitely cant stay on people like we used to. Honestly tho, i thought it was a bit unfair to have great pressure on top of everything else Lisa had in Vanilla.

And I keep forgetting about the new :4::4::F+P:! I need to experiment more with this :)

Why the hell didnt they just make :9::P: a damage attack like El Blaze's similar move in VF? >:/
IKR! I always thought it should have a hitbox or some sort of evasive property. I would even like it if you could hold :9::P: and Lisa could continually flip forward, just like Kasumi's :7::P:, but, uh, in reverse lol

At this point, i would just like a speed boost to it, like :K::K::P:.

Cylith

And I keep forgetting about the new :4::4::F+P:! I need to experiment more with this :)

IKR! I always thought it should have a hitbox or some sort of evasive property. I would even like it if you could hold :9::P: and Lisa could continually flip forward, just like Kasumi's :7::P:, but, uh, in reverse lol

At this point, i would just like a speed boost to it, like :K::K::P:.
I've been using that grab constantly against people since most people I fight just block mostly against her. It's a guaranteed 75+ points of damage from it. And :6::P: is ALWAYS guaranteed. Even the computer set to fastest everything can't do anything about it. the mind games are great. My go to BnB for it is:6::P::8::K: :6::P::8::K::F::+::P: I'm not at home to give the exact damage, but it should be over 75 easy.

I too am surprised that :9::P: doesn't have a hitbox.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD