How would people feel about paying $$$ for costumes?

Gill Hustle

Friends it seems the days of DOAU capacity of costumes are OVER!

Seeing as how every other game company has started to go this route is it a safe bet the next DPOA will follow suit.

Granted, they may just "Keep it Real" and do it like the good ol days, but I don't know.

If they do end up doing this my guess is there will have to be multiple colors *cough* Lei Fang china dress so that people would be able to use the same outfit, otherwise we get the MVC3 DLC. Meaning only one person can use classic Ryu skin.

I won't go as far to say I endorse this, but if I can get the gear I want with different schemes hmm . . . maybe not too bad.

I do think if it comes to this each character should get at least 3/4 defaults on disk though.

Thoughts?
:ayane:

Red dragon

I hope we can get costumes for free on the next doa. I wonder if we have to get them by purchase, i wonder if they will come with bundles or single outfits.

I know in doa4 you can get them either by using zach points or playing story mode, depending on which way u wanted to go about it. It would be a waste to have to use real money just for some outfits.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
You should never encourage a company to charge for something you should be getting for free.

Raansu

Personally I don't believe in most DLC. Some content I can understand, but little shit like costumes should never cost money.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Personally I don't believe in most DLC. Some content I can understand, but little shit like costumes should never cost money.

You mean Paid DLC right? Saying "DLC" doesn't have a connotation to either paid or free. After all, the acronym stands for "DownLoadable Content".

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I personally would not have a problem with payable DLC content, as long as we have a completed game. Meaning, we have a situation like Doa2u where we had a shit load of costumes and features(that made the game feel complete). IMO, TN should constantly update the gameplay (something they should have done with Doa4) with costumes as secondary focus.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
What the exchange rate for Zack Dollars? Got some bison dollars myself 1BD -> £100.

On serious note, this shit is on SC4. A $5 Yoda and bunch of Halloween/Christmas themed costume there, so it's like shitty Game Workshop warhammer guardsmen.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
At least warhammer shit is physical and you can own it.

digital shit.... nah, it just isn't worth it.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Well, yeah you can also consider the miniatures as a sort of long term investment because you never know how much people would buy them in a decade or so.

DLCs on the other hand are just gonna stay there looking at you and making you think "God, why did I buy that kasumi outfit, fuuuck. Now my boss is gonna think I don't ever get laid or something".

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I don't think most warhammer nerds are getting laid either, but that shit is still pretty cool. Always liked how dark and gritty that world is.

Megawarrior

I hope this does not happen. I also hope there aren't any pre-order DLC costumes.

DLC is the norm now unlike when DoA 4 originally released so I fully expect to see school

costumes, and bikini's and other stuff that was in previous games for free up for Download Content unfortunately.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I don't think most warhammer nerds are getting laid either, but that shit is still pretty cool. Always liked how dark and gritty that world is.

A friend of my father is married with two kids and he's already in his mid 40s and buying dark eldar. He lets his kids paint the models. Yeah, bro, these guys have stepped up their game.

R4712-VR88

I honestly wouldn't mind it as long as the game is already has loads of costumes built on disc. Like, DOA2 or DOAU number of costumes. Cause honestly, that garbage Capcom pulled with Street Fighter IV and now Marvel VS. Capcom 3 is absolutely obsurd! DOA has always came packed with lots of costumes on disc with no additional cost. I don't get why Capcom has to feel special and demand money, and over-price at that, for just one or two costumes for a single character. DOA1 had 14 for the girls and 5 for the guys, except Raidou. DOA2 the costume numbers varied more between characters and maxing out at 8 total for some. However DOA2U holds the most costumes. The girls reaching to a total of 20 different costumes and the males not too far behind. DOAD gave characters a total of 3 costumes and then free addition costumes for download, making most have 6 total costumes.

Even other fighting games came packed with atleast a second or third costume. Tekken, Soul Calibur, Virtua Fighter, Mortal Kombat, etc. Yeah, DOA better have some costumes on that disc before they start telling me to give them more money. AND THEY BETTER NOT BE COLOR SWAPS EITHER! I'M LOOKING AT YOU DOA4 LEI-FANG!!

Blackburry

Standard Donor
As long as they are quality costumes I'd be fine with it. I already do it enough for SF4.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I'm fine with paid DLC as long as it's not critical to the game experience. Fluff like costumes is not critical; characters (blazblue), movesets, and stages I think are. Stages typically wouldn't matter but due to DOA's emphasis on environment it does in this particular title.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD