I Am The Shadow... The True Self... [General Discussion]

PuertoRicanStyL

So I was playing online with her, then someone started doing this to me and I was just like,
RIXtomFs.png

Is it wrong to feel like her :6::6:+:P: should have a lil more block stun (and more recovery time for her, should you decide not to follow up to balance that out) to prevent this from happening? You can already :2:+:P: her among lots of other things to hit her out of her follow ups, or simply fuzzy or block after she teleports. Only thing you can do against this, is to guess a low punch is coming, not do the second :P: and hold it. I just personally think it kinda sucks cause she already has so much going against her already. That second hit should have just been a mid that acted like her :P:+:K:

Last edited:

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
It's the same issue (or how you would ever call it) Kasumi has with her 66PP. The second punch is avoidable by low holding or low striking, that's why I personally wouldn't use that move that much, it should act more as a whiff punisher, not as something yo use to get into your opponent from neutral.

You'll wonder how much she has against her as soon as some MU discussions are done. Don't be surprised if most of her match-ups are at her disadvantage or at least equal.

Btw, we should make a video critics thread here soon.

Tenryuga

So I was playing online with her, then someone started doing this to me and I was just like,
RIXtomFs.png

Is it wrong to feel like her :6::6:+:P: should have a lil more block stun (and more recovery time for her, should you decide not to follow up to balance that out) to prevent this from happening? You can already :2:+:P: her among lots of other things to hit her out of her follow ups, or simply fuzzy or block after she teleports. Only thing you can do against this, is to guess a low punch is coming, not do the second :P: and hold it. I just personally think it kinda sucks cause she already has so much going against her already. That second hit should have just been a mid that acted like her :P:+:K:

If that move is anything like Kasumis 66PP it should jail at farther ranges. I don't think it needs to be changed you just have to act accordingly. If they are using linear pokes like 2P to crush it SS after 66P. If they are using tracking let them hit you with it. It's not wise for them to keep doing that because most fast tracking lows that tech crouch are not NH stuns so more often than not they give up offensive momentum immediately.

PuertoRicanStyL

Well. One less move to do in teh neutral game I guess! Should just use it as a whiff punisher like Tokyo said, and recognize I get the adv. back if they do a spinning low backfist like Tenryuga says.

Thanks for the input. I still think that sucks though, lol. But hey, this is what it is.

Zephyrion

:6::6::P::P: is a bit dangerous to throw out there like that, but it does have its uses mid stun, since it racks up stun levels pretty fast, and you end up having your opponent in a lengthy spin state, forced to guess whether you'll use the Chifu Critical Burst , use the Chifu K launch (unholdable) or just throw. You can even go for an empty teleport 4K launcher if you're really greedy for damage and/or don't want to commit to the throw . Just don't get too predictable with it !

Also, if I remember correctly the :6::6::P: has a 20 frame stun on hit , so cutting the string here and opting for a :6::P: or a flip there might be a good idea

Last edited:

D3taylz

Also, if I remember correctly the :6::6::P: has a 20 frame stun on hit , so cutting the string here and opting for a :6::P: or a flip there might be a good idea
It's +12 with fastest SE so only P strings are guaranteed sadly but occasionally you could sneak in 7K or maybe 6P (both 14f start-up) among other options depending on who you're fighting.

Yurlungur

It's +12 with fastest SE so only P strings are guaranteed sadly but occasionally you could sneak in 7K or maybe 6P (both 14f start-up) among other options depending on who you're fighting.

7k and 6p are 12 frames unless they secretly did a patch when nobody was looking

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
I think he means that you need +14 advantage for them to connect.

EDIT: By the way, 12f 7Ks are so obnoxious. Fuck that shit.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
You can't connect a 13f startup (14th frame active) move after a +14 stun. I'm fairly sure.

EDIT: Ugh, I'm getting confused. I meant to say that you can't connect a 12f startup (13th frame active) move after a +13.

EDIT: You know what, I'm just gonna go check and make sure, 'cause I haven't slept since Sunday afternoon.

Last edited:

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Okay, I checked and I was right. You can't connect a 12f startup move on +13. Why? Probably 'cause it's using an archaic hit detection system that requires a frame of overlapping boxes to register a hit. You see it in certain other game.

Vigoorian King

Every strike in the game needs 2 active frames to connect. If move has 12f startup then you need at least 14f stun for move to not reset the stun.

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
EDIT: By the way, 12f 7Ks are so obnoxious. Fuck that shit.

Take a look at their recovery, imagine about what you can do if they whiff and then check their range and hitbox before putting them down as something obnoxious. DOA5U has some dumb moves, but these are surely not 7K's, even if they are i12. That's why I would also recommend to be careful with this:

...occasionally you could sneak in 7K

A 7K launch after an initial stun won't lift the opponent high enough for any damage that is worth the risk of getting blocked and end up at -30 (or more) disadvantage due the opponents SE (only featherweight maybe). That might be the case against someone who's just pressing buttons while being stunned, giving you a counter-hit launch height with 7K as a follow-up. However, even there are better and safer opportunities to extend the stun after 66P.

Therefore, if you are fighting someone who's able of (relatively fast) stagger escaping, better use the option that is guaranteed (jabs), stuff that won't put you into heavy trouble on a whiff, like 8P, 6P or 33K or a throw.

Also jabbing after 66P is a bit tricky too, since it's follow-up is also a high (66PP). If the opponent reacts with lows as soon as he saw a 66P on the screen, your jabs will either also whiff and you'll lose the advantage you got from 66P's (if he's low holding), or you'll even get counter-blown by (tracking) low attacks.

Just my thoughts and recommendations, though.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD