"I Got No Time For You!" The General Jacky Discussion Thread

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I agree with that actually sabaki's is one example. I got into DoA late, so to my knowledge sabaki's are new and came in at DoA4. Giving it to someone else is an interesting idea. Like give it to someone like Eliot? Being the linear character he is having a auto parry could give him that necessary edge that other characters do not.
-There was one technical sabaki with Jann lee and his mid :K: taunt in Doa3. But Doa4 gave it to more characters. I think it would be cool to give an auto parry to Eliot. This is the perfect chance to give some specific VF Tech to some of the Doa Characters.

synce

Yeah auto parry is gone, you can see Momiji land an NH jab at 13:17 mark in GS stage demo... So much for staying true to his VF self :rolleyes:

Ghosty-J

another jann lee huh? at least i can use this one to purge the world of the other online scrub lees
Granted, Jacky takes more skill to use. Yet he's the easiest character to learn in the source. Wouldn't necessarily call him another Jann Lee as one would call Akira "another Kokoro" : P

Granted, Jacky takes more skill to use. Yet he's the easiest character to learn in the source. Wouldn't necessarily call him another Jann Lee as one would call Akira "another Kokoro" : P

well yea i never figured he play the same but the whole concept of the characters are similar, i always like clone like characters with one getting all the love while the other is the underdog, i already like jacky and i cant wait to beat up jann lees :)

Ghosty-J

well yea i never figured he play the same but the whole concept of the characters are similar, i always like clone like characters with one getting all the love while the other is the underdog, i already like jacky and i cant wait to beat up jann lees :)
I happen to be one of those Jann Lees by the way :V

ffff.jpg

synce

Could be, but there's no rhyme or reason to TN giving out multiple CB's. Jann has extra one in transition but not Kokoro or Ryu, and only one variant of Alpha's 3K CB's.

Zeo

All the new coverage of Jacky and this thread is still dead? Come on Jacky players let's hear some impressions!

Ghosty-J

Since everyone completely overlooked my Jacky Bryant impressions as if I were some idiot who didn't know was she was talking about, I'll copypaste the Jacky-oriented segment of my post here:

I'm a little disappointed to see his :6::K:, :P:, :4::H+K: bound combo doesn't work off of Normal Hit like it does in the source, but :4::H+K:, :6_::P:, :1::P+K::P::P: is good enough for me. However, I find TN's choice of voice clips for his tag victory pose with Jann Lee extremely lazy. They should have gone with clips from his item win poses like:
"Don't hate me!"
"You have the slowest reflexes of all time!"
"I'm looking for more than strength."
"I'd try and play easy on ya!"
And my favorite, "MY NAME IS JACKY BRYANT!"
Or they could have gone back to VF4 and threw in "I done handcuffed lightning" in there instead of using a voice clip you're gonna hear most of the time during the fight. It's probably just me, but they really should have put more soul into that win pose in general. I'll just deal with what I have I guess.

So yeah, I'M HYPED FOR JACKY \o/

wiztick

Funny, people think that :6_::K:::h: is going to make him a bit harder to play but when they discover that it could be replaced by :6_::P: then jacky will be the most overplayed guy in the roster
JACKY 4 METAKNIGHT TIER!!!

Kurt

Funny, people think that :6_::K:::h: is going to make him a bit harder to play but when they discover that it could be replaced by :6_::P: then jacky will be the most overplayed guy in the roster
JACKY 4 METAKNIGHT TIER!!!

Not entirely true, some Combos in VF5 simply don't work without Iageri, and the damage from Combos with :6_::P: is also lower, so Iageri is the only way.

Some things I noticed from those Movies:

:3::3::P: only floats on Counter Hit, just like VF5

:6::K:, Jackys best Launcher from VF5 seems to be safe on block, but I don't know if the guy from the video simply was too slow to punish with Punch

:8::H+K:, Jumping Savate seems to be a lot faster

:K::P::P::P::K:, if the first :P: hits a counter Hit, the Rest of the String is not a natural combo anymore

Counter Hit Somersault Damage was nerfed, took about 1/3 of your life in VF5FS

:6::P::K: seems to be a natural Combo

Maybe its just my immagination, but it seems Jacky does not switch side with opponent when doing Knee Strike and Dragon Grapple Throw

Dave

Since everyone completely overlooked my Jacky Bryant impressions as if I were some idiot who didn't know was she was talking about, I'll copypaste the Jacky-oriented segment of my post here:

I'm a little disappointed to see his :6::K:, :P:, :4::H+K: bound combo doesn't work off of Normal Hit like it does in the source, but :4::H+K:, :6_::P:, :1::P+K::P::P: is good enough for me. However, I find TN's choice of voice clips for his tag victory pose with Jann Lee extremely lazy. They should have gone with clips from his item win poses like:
"Don't hate me!"
"You have the slowest reflexes of all time!"
"I'm looking for more than strength."
"I'd try and play easy on ya!"
And my favorite, "MY NAME IS JACKY BRYANT!"
Or they could have gone back to VF4 and threw in "I done handcuffed lightning" in there instead of using a voice clip you're gonna hear most of the time during the fight. It's probably just me, but they really should have put more soul into that win pose in general. I'll just deal with what I have I guess.

So yeah, I'M HYPED FOR JACKY \o/

First thing I noticed, lack of voice clips. They better have all of his intros, and they need to add the rest of Sarah's.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD