DOA5U "I have no choice, but to fight!" Kasumi's Gameplay DOA5U discussion

Tenryuga

Just free step. Free step beats all options while he is doing his stance. If you are in a situation where you can't do that you just gotta react to the OH or take whatever else he has.

PMS_Akali

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Premium Donor
Basically what I do is just start free stepping left or right. If they go for an attack instead of a teleport I just tap back for the block. His animations are slow enough to react to easily. Whenever you see him use his stance just start spacing and free stepping and expect to block. And if he teleports behind you, most low crushes beat out his animation.

Nameless Sama

I made as Tenryuga said I trained the SE. Do you know how many life points you save better say SE is a very good tool to save your round !. I learn to reduce the time of the opponent stun. Ok I cant do it very fast but I feel that I am on the good way. I am training besides Ryu Kasumi and I am not so good with her but after hearing the tips from the others like Tenryuga I play my Kasumi safer than before.

extravagant

Wow I should've thought of the side step. Thanks guys! I was honestly so confused and lost. I guess I don't sidestep enough hahaha.

Once again, thanks so much ><

Chapstick

Does anyone have any decent follow up attacks from Kasumi's 7P with your back to a wall? BT 4P is good for a launch but I'm hardly ever close enough to the opponent for it to land.

PMS_Akali

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Premium Donor
I assume it only works on lightweights.

Edit: Wait, it should work on all weight classes. It probably just whiffs if the camera moves certain ways, like some of her other wall combos.

Last edited:

Chapstick

I assume it only works on lightweights.

Edit: Wait, it should work on all weight classes. It probably just whiffs if the camera moves certain ways, like some of her other wall combos.
I was trying it on Akira. Tried it about 7 times with him right up against me and it whiffed every time. A little bit farther away the PP7Kyadayada does work.

Allan Paris

You need to look at walls you are doing some of your juggles on.

For example: On the Home stage when you get outside (sorry for not knowing the name of it) the wall that the pigs are behind is curved. That will mess with juggles, there are certain parts of it that are straight but the wall is curved mostly which will cause you to alter juggles when you do them.

You'll have to go through the entire game to find this stuff. Each area and spot is different.

Chapstick

I tried it on Flow first, then I tried it in Temple of the Dragon with its completely flat walls and right angles figuring Flow was kind of a weird place to try it. The entire PP7K whiffs. Not a single part of it actually hits, there is no juggle. At least having them right on top of you with your back to the wall is a situation you probably can't 7P without getting hit first (unless the opponent goes for a throw or something,) so it doesn't really matter.

I remember kasumi has this teleport expert hold that works on both mid punch and kick. how useful is it coming out of that teleport? is it reliable enough to use instead of normal holds? can I just use this so that I don't have to guess mid punch or mid kick and eliminates 1 dimension?

one of the things that leifang has is that expert hold for both mid punch and kick, but I don't like her design very much. now I see that kasumi has a hold that does the same thing, which is great because I like kasumi's design, but is this hold good?

Last edited:

Tenryuga

I remember kasumi has this teleport expert hold that works on both mid punch and kick. how useful is it coming out of that teleport? is it reliable enough to use instead of normal holds? can I just use this so that I don't have to guess mid punch or mid kick and eliminates 1 dimension?

one of the things that leifang has is that expert hold for both mid punch and kick, but I don't like her design very much. now I see that kasumi has a hold that does the same thing, which is great because I like kasumi's design, but is this hold good?

That's not a hold; It's a parry. You cannot parry in stun. Her standard parry is best used on moves with large recovery so you can get a free 6P6K. Her advanced one you want to use when people are tossing strings out instead of poking at you.

Nameless Sama

That's not a hold; It's a parry. You cannot parry in stun.

As I say its very important to have very much knowledge about a character. Alone this sentence give me the answer why I cant use hoshinpo holds while I am in stun.

Last edited:

Tenryuga

Just outside of close range 66P. 9K is also decent. 3K is also a good poke. 66K is more a whiff punisher to me but some people don't punish it when it's blocked since they aren't capable of reacting to her not doing the followups. Use that move however it works for you.

If you are at full screen distance away use 3P+K once. Like I mentioned before with Kasumi you want to learn how to get in on somebody without doing stupid or risky things like whiffing your moves.

Nameless Sama

:3::P+K: :+: :P: works pretty fine for me. I mean I combine :3::P+K: :+: :9::P:( backdash) not these salto forward. At distance I try to bring the opponent to attack to me while I am dashing with :3: :P+K: and with :9::P: and then when I see a breach I will attack him with :3::P+K: :+: :P:. It works against very good player too ;D

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD