IGN Pro League DOA5 Pro Gaming Tournament

ochosen1o

No one posts on TK Players. The active, competitive DOA community is here. Going out of your way to avoid this site and only post on Manny's site is just one of the reasons people have problems with your inclusion in these kind of events.

Instead of getting upset that I called out Manny on his knowledge of other fighting games, and called you both out on not being as open with information as you could be, why don't you take a step in the right direction and start sharing your opinions/insight on the E3 build in the threads I've created here? Or even create your own threads here if my threads aren't applicable.

My post here was not meant to provide notes on the entirety of the discussion that night. It was meant to address the issue that Manny doesn't know 3D fighters outside of DOA and that we need input from other people to get DOA5 where we want it. You and Manny decided to take it as a personal insult and tried to save your reputation instead of addressing the point of the post.

If you feel the need to address the entire discussion, you're free to make a thread about it. Although, I'd probably do it here. You aren't likely to get much discussion doing it on TK Players.

You do know that we can see your name at the top of every post you make right? Just curious because you and Manny both like to sign off with a signature like we don't know who's making the post.

1. This is the type of response I could respectfully respond to. Thank you for non-condesendingly answering my post with your P.O.V.

2. I have very limited patience/time to deal with men and women who are older than me and act YOUNGER, so I stray away from this site because it is filled witha plethera of those types. However, I enjoy reading the new fantasies some of these "loyal fans" have created. ;)

3. I have NO image here. in fact i'm hated (Which is cool) I just want the truth portrayed. Although, you didn't mean to belittle our conversation of the night, you did by saying you couldn't get through to Manny and I, when I know for a fact certain thoughts and opinions you had we gave directly to them amd credited you for having the most valid reasoning for them.

4. BTW Trust me when I tell you, I am never upset posting on this site. It's opinions and comments of people. I guess they are entitled to that, just wish they'd all tell the truth.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Can we get a transcript of the discussions you all had with Team NINJA that night? Seems like an interesting discussion of game theory and strategy.

No one?

Ah, I see how it is...

ochosen1o

That doesn't even make sense. I asked a very legit question and all you got is something to "try" and save face. I didn't even express anything, I just wanted to know how you can discuss DoA when you don't actually know anything :(

From that comment though it's pretty obvious you know nothing (at least anything I would care about) so you can do you lil buddy :)

ayyyyeeee!!! #salute I allllllways do me boy!! remember that big buddy ;)

Dr. Dogg, Rikuto and that entire clique should just admit that they want what Master has.

Master should admit that he doesn't go out of his way to include people in his business that don't like him.

Chosen1 should admit that he got a free ticket to E3 and got zero booth babes hot and bothered.

Vanessa should admit that shes a penny and a half short of being a dime.

And you should all admit that you held out information about that tournament that could have been leaked the same way information is always leaked - through "3rd Party" sources.

Fantasies I was reffering to in my earlier post?
Exhibit A.

Can we get a transcript of the discussions you all had with Team NINJA that night? Seems like an interesting discussion of game theory and strategy.

No one?

Ah, I see how it is...

Once we sort out all of the foolishness. I'm certain we can strike up a conversation of game theory and strategy sir. btw long time no talk, hope all has been well. ;)

Relius Starkiller

Fantasies I was reffering to in my earlier post?
Exhibit A.

So you're telling me that the Laura Croft look-a-likes were all up in your shit Chosen1?

I mean, what iz we even talkin about right now?

I'm just pointing out that all of your are on your own brand of bullshit.

DrDogg

1. This is the type of response I could respectfully respond to. Thank you for non-condesendingly answering my post with your P.O.V.

From my perspective, all of my responses have had the exact same tone. I don't feel any of them have been condescending, just factual.

2. I have very limited patience/time to deal with men and women who are older than me and act YOUNGER, so I stray away from this site because it is filled witha plethera of those types. However, I enjoy reading the new fantasies some of these "loyal fans" have created. ;)

And TK Players is different how?

3. I have NO image here. in fact i'm hated (Which is cool) I just want the truth portrayed. Although, you didn't mean to belittle our conversation of the night, you did by saying you couldn't get through to Manny and I, when I know for a fact certain thoughts and opinions you had we gave directly to them amd credited you for having the most valid reasoning for them.

There was a compromise made, but I wouldn't say I was getting through to you guys. I also have yet to say anything that was not factual.

4. BTW Trust me when I tell you, I am never upset posting on this site. It's opinions and comments of people. I guess they are entitled to that, just wish they'd all tell the truth.

You may not have been upset, but you were clearly moved enough to post about a moot point instead of addressing the real point of the post. You were so moved that you feel the need to discuss unimportant things here, while informing the FSD masses that you will post real info on a site no one visits.

It was basically me trying to tell them what needs to change in order for DOA5 to have a chance at appealing to the greater FGC. The result was a compromise where you'd get one chance to hold once in stun, which is basically what Bayman and Sarah have right now. It's not ideal, but it is what it is. Hopefully it's enough, assuming the dev team actually makes that a reality.

Once we sort out all of the foolishness. I'm certain we can strike up a conversation of game theory and strategy sir. btw long time no talk, hope all has been well. ;)

You and Manny started the foolishness...

ochosen1o

From my perspective, all of my responses have had the exact same ton. I don't feel any of them have been condescending, just factual.

And TK Players is different how?

There was a compromise made, but I wouldn't say I was getting through to you guys. I also have yet to say anything that was not factual.

You may not have been upset, but you were clearly moved enough to post about a moot point instead of addressing the real point of the post. You were so moved that you feel the need to discuss unimportant things here, while informing the FSD masses that you will post real info on a site no one visits.

It was basically me trying to tell them what needs to change in order for DOA5 to have a chance at appealing to the greater FGC. The result was a compromise where you'd get one chance to hold once in stun, which is basically what Bayman and Sarah have right now. It's not ideal, but it is what it is. Hopefully it's enough, assuming the dev team actually makes that a reality.

You and Manny started the foolishness...

Welp, To take away arguments sake, YOUR RIGHT we started it. you were right.

on to more important things, I believe the system we had talked about modeling the stun system after was DOA Dimensions. The other side of the coin was to keep in the certain unholdable strings in the game for characters such as the one Bayman has.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Why would anybody want the stun system like DoA:D, which is pretty much the same as DoA4?

Based on what I was hearing, supposedly if you get yourself a high-counter blow you could go straight to launch instead of playing the stun game. In theory thats not a bad idea, except how often are you actually getting high-counter blows?

Chris Harris

Why would we even want to go backwards? DoA:D is like 4 steps backwards lol

The stun game is a joke in other DoA games, there is no reason to even go back to that.

ochosen1o

Why would anybody want the stun system like DoA:D, which is pretty much the same as DoA4?

Good question

The stun system in dimesions in like DOA 4 is the fact that is a threshold but it is completely different. In dimensions max launch on counter hit is much easier to obtain (Most cases one attack in stun) Actually, on High counter in dimensions the next hit is at launch. (if the move has launch property)

So while it gives you a chance to hold in stun, your option is very limited. We feel having a similar stun system in DOA 5 along with holds having an attack punishable recovery and toned down damage should finally give the attacker more advantage than defender, which has always been a gripe since DOA4. meanwhile, it doesn't completely re-arrange DOA's roots (Which doing something removing holds altogether would definitely do)

Skilletor

The only thing I liked about Dimension's stun system is that jabs reset critical state. I much prefer adding stuns from which you cannot hold at all. I see characters then playing in a similar manner to Soul Calibur, finding moves which put the opponent into a stun sequence for a longer combo.

Damage scaling is needed in this game, though. Rikuto was doing ridiculous amounts of damage with Bayman :p.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
The only thing I liked about Dimension's stun system is that jabs reset critical state. I much prefer adding stuns from which you cannot hold at all. I see characters then playing in a similar manner to Soul Calibur, finding moves which put the opponent into a stun sequence for a longer combo.

Damage scaling is needed in this game, though. Rikuto was doing ridiculous amounts of damage with Bayman :p.

Don't be hatin'

ochosen1o

Damage scaling is needed in this game, though. Rikuto was doing ridiculous amounts of damage with Bayman :p.[/quote]

I think Bayman is going to be fine as is. Damage may be scaled a bit but not too much. Uou already know that bayman has a 40 percent life guaranteed string and you know how to stop it. It is completely up to the player to get hit by it (by taking risk) or to defend it and respond accordingly. Damage only needs to bemm scaled when itrisk breaks the game.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
it doesn't completely re-arrange DOA's roots (Which doing something removing holds altogether would definitely do)
Right because I remember holding while stunned in the original DOA all the time.

And you should all admit that you held out information about that tournament that could have been leaked the same way information is always leaked - through "3rd Party" sources.
We're not going to ask people to risk their jobs and other penalties just to find out information sooner. In addition, doing so would likely damage our chances of getting Tecmo more involved with the community.

You're going to have a conversation... with yourself?
No one else will listen.

ochosen1o

Right because I remember holding while stunned in the original DOA all the time.

We're not going to ask people to risk their jobs and other penalties just to find out information sooner. In addition, doing so would likely damage our chances of getting Tecmo more involved with the community.

No one else will listen.

There you go! O I've missed you pop! how ya been?? lmaooo

DrDogg

Did I miss something? When did this come up?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD