DOA5LR "I'll Try My Best!"Naotora Ii Gameplay Discussion

SoftCabbage

Nao is pretty difficult to accurately hold when she does get a stun, especially with those dreaded kick delays and possible risk of her doing a nasty throw punish. I found that spacing her out and testing the waters with long range pokes and spacing moves can actually help, and you obviously just have to wait since some of her strings have long recovery when they're finished or free canceled.
Well, Alpha's and Hayabusa's kicks bounces you nonstop up and down. :p

So..

FatalxInnocence

Just word of warning, don't push k on block. Since you have 3 successive highs, and her only mixup is k6k to break the highs... best leave that string till you've stunned them. 2P will be the bane of Naotora's existence.

Another weird thing I found, her 6kk string can be interrupted by 2p/6p but its char dependant... weird.

Last edited:

xXSilverSearcherxX

:6::K::P::P::4::P::[[p+k]]::H+K::K::K::K::K::K::K::K: I found this too be an Easy Combo to Net decent damage People usually expect me to Do her normal KKKKKKKK String after that one kick and miss hold D Dont be upset with me if someone already found this or if its not very good im not combo master

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
You can hold the CB down? Also, I found the her 9P2K can not only hop over low wake up kicks, but it also can put her behind her opponent. And if your opponent attempts a low, you can use this to crush it

synce

You can delay her kicks? That'd be some bullshit considering they removed all the delay frames from Alpha

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
lmao this character is a button mashers wet dream =P
I do love pressing buttons. ;P

I think you might like her actually. She's definitely a weird addition to the series but it's kind of refreshing to have something like this to mess around with. Kinda exploits the system in different areas, y'know? Plus she does output damage.

Anyone experimenting with the kicks off of her :9::P: jump? The low kick especially is kinda funky and always flips over people for me but I feel like it could lead to some interesting situations. I'm not that great at figuring out tech so I thought I'd ponder the question in here.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
You can delay her kicks? That'd be some bullshit considering they removed all the delay frames from Alpha
Yeah she can delay hers, but only to a degree. It makes since for Alpha's delay removal since her kicks are faster than Nao's....at least her KKKKK or PKKKKK is. That and her 6KKKK. @grap3fruitman You can use her 9P2K follow up to evade low WU kicks, but you'll wind up going over your opponent. The main reason I like 9PK because if you do it just before the opponent does a mid WU kick, you'll go over and behind them put you at a significant advantage! :-D I love Nao so much♡

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
You can avoid most WUK scenarios after a mid kick hold with 9P if you fuzzy with 3. Can be risky if your opponent decides to wait on the floor, but you can condition the opponent to stay down to tech them up for a +16 or pseudo tech so that the next time they tend to hit the WU option, you'll go over them. If not, condition them to stay on the floor to tech them up.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Nao's inputs are all over the place. you can perform her supposed PL with 8H+K instead of 7H+K. It also makes the Ii family creed input a lot easier to do since you won't have to automatically try to buffer the back input once you let go of 7.

John P.

Nao's inputs are all over the place. you can perform her supposed PL with 8H+K instead of 7H+K. It also makes the Ii family creed input a lot easier to do since you won't have to automatically try to buffer the back input once you let go of 7.
This braindead scrub made me lose 700 gp on danger zone cuz she could just spam k. Like you could just tell he has no actual thoughts. For his danger zone launch he has to put two inputs to do 40%. She's a ridiculous character

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
This braindead scrub made me lose 700 gp on danger zone cuz she could just spam k. Like you could just tell he has no actual thoughts. For his danger zone launch he has to put two inputs to do 40%. She's a ridiculous character
The only thing to do is to study the match up I guess. That or just pick her yourself too, but I wouldn't call her brain dead. In a month or two, her combos and kick spams will be old news and players will start catching on to how to deal with her kinda like Phase 4 and Marie when they first debuted. All I know is that Nao has stolen my heart atm♡

Raansu

I do love pressing buttons. ;P

I think you might like her actually. She's definitely a weird addition to the series but it's kind of refreshing to have something like this to mess around with. Kinda exploits the system in different areas, y'know? Plus she does output damage.

Anyone experimenting with the kicks off of her :9::P: jump? The low kick especially is kinda funky and always flips over people for me but I feel like it could lead to some interesting situations. I'm not that great at figuring out tech so I thought I'd ponder the question in here.

Is she paid DLC?

I counter your counter with online lag :eek:

UpSideDownGRUNT

Everything is paid DLC lol

I find her stuff less to be difficult just overly mashy, or has stupid input timings.

She has some stuff which probably a little bit TOO good, but its nothing worse than the resident damage dealers just crazy that she gets so much damage from a basic combo.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD