Is the Prima guide any good?

Oh yeah, it seems types of stuns aren't shown in the frame data section. But since they are all listed at the end of the descriptive section, I don't find it that bad.
Natural Combos are listed though. It's when in the Height column the letters are in brackets. M(MM) means that if the second hits, the third is guaranteed, so the second and third make a natural combo.
Thanks for helping me out with regards to the natural combo information -- that was helpful. Unfortunately however, stating that all stun states are listed in the character description section isn't true. Many of them are listed, but others will have to be discovered by the player. That is the problem I have with the guide. If not for you -- or eventually someone else -- the whole natural combo explanation would have been vacant. Things that need to be stated aren't. If someone is going to spend 20 to $35 -- $35?! WTF Australia?! ...poor bastards -- then I think they should know what's in store.

DrDogg

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I'm glad the hard work myself and the rest of the team put in on the guide is paying off. Unfortunately, there won't be a digital version of the guide outside of the Kasumi preview section that has already been released.

I was hoping that, by the time I came back to this thread, someone else would have posted the various issues with this guide. So I guess I'll be the first. It doesn't give information on things, it, itself tells you it will give you. Limbo stuns sit-down stuns and the like are not given

The guide also claims it will give you information on natural combos, and doesn't deliver. It goes on to make certain other miscues that I don't want to get too far off into -- otherwise it'll sound really negative. If you want a strategy guide this may be your best -- possibly only -- option, just don't go into things with your eyes closed.

The issue was the last minute addition of the day one patch frame data. Since I didn't have a build to play on (only the frame data tables), I couldn't add in the stun info. The original plan was to add in the stun info, critical [threshold] damage and a few other snippets (tech crouch/jump, etc.), but without a day one patch build to play, we couldn't guarantee the accuracy.

The abbreviations table was left in the beginning of the character section because they're used throughout each character's section. In addition, most of the unholdable stuns are mentioned within each character's section, so you don't really have to spend all that much time searching for it. For the most part, the info is there, it just didn't make it into the frame data tables for the reasons stated above.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I recommend it. It's good & has great frame data in it & breaks down every character well.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Thanks for the kind words everyone.

I was wondering when you would show up in this thread. And yeah, I'm at least glad that the day one patch changes made it in at all. It would've sucked if the guide was already useless before it even came out.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Yeah, I think the guide is great. It's not perfect which isn't really no one fault, but anyone wanting to learn the game should have it. It helped me a lot definitely when I first got started on it and use it from time to time still. It will definitely help those looking to learn how to play/fight different characters.

It's not that I don't like the guide... Certain features were missing -- like the color-coded frame data -- so, since someone created a thread dedicated to the subject, I felt compelled to chime in. It's still quite useful for quick references to frame data and has sound strategies.

BTW. How do find out my advantage/disadvantage after a stance cancel? Is there some sort of mathematical formula I can use (find)?

TC and TJ info would have been KILLER! Right?!

The author (writer) of the guide explained his overall circumstances quite well, I thought. I merely mentioning how much better the guide would have been with the blue, color-coded information included.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD