[Jul 21, 2012] Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown official online... (VF5FS Online tourney.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRI Mike

Greetings. I'm going to organize a small online tournament for Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown after the (midly) successful attempt we had with Fake Sypha, Allan Paris and Wizzix. It'd be the first official tournament for the game in FSD.

I want it to have sixteen people but that's probably too difficult to organize so we'll just go with eight. (unless too many players want to entry) Besides, we need to have a small list of possible replacements in case someone signs up and eventually doesn't show up that day. Also, the Room Matches in the game only allow a maximum of eight players at the same time so it could be confusing to keep track of sixteen players.

The tournament would be happening in XBOX LIVE in two weekends. That is either Saturday, July 21st or Sunday, July 22nd though that's completely subject to change depending on the feedback from the players. But giving people two weeks to prepare, practice and all that should be done.

Rules would be the following:

- Double Elimination
- Best of three (3) matches.
- Matches of best of five (5) rounds.
- Each round 45 seconds.
- Dural banned.
- Only the loser of a set can change character.
- All customization packs and costumes are allowed.

- Grand Final best of five (5) matches.

Sign up if you want to entry. If your Gamertag isn't in your profile post it here so we can add and message you in Xbox Live. Let's make this real.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Sign me up pls.

Although I would like to make a few suggestions so that the game doesn't clutter up.
You can have the players online. but the room would only contain the steamer + the 2 players.
Once the 2 players are done, another 2 can be invited via Xbox message. (this is how we do online tourneys in SF4)
This way the gameplay would be optimized and you would avoid any issues to do with lag and such.

Also, It seems I have a very good connection with central US and the east coast and canada. Not so sure I would be able to connect well with the guys on the west coast.

Other than that, I'm looking forward to this! :D

MrMoon360

I concur with Emperor Cow's suggestion.
It would be nice to have a party chat over Xbox LIVE during the matches, if that wouldn't hinder the performance of the connection.
That way, the players can conversate and watch the stream as well.
(if not a party chat, well at least we'll have the text chat on the stream)

Oh. And Emperor Cow is banned from using Sarah Bryant in the tournament.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Party chat would add to lag. But a group with non playing members at the time could be set up.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Oh. And Emperor Cow is banned from using Sarah Bryant in the tournament.

Lol why is that ? :p

Have you tried out my Akira ? Beed working on him recently ... Still a work in progress tho but hes so fun !

Hit me up on XBL, we can play a few :D

WiZzYx

I want to improve my position in the last tournament, so sign me up. :)

Although I would like to make a few suggestions so that the game doesn't clutter up.
You can have the players online. but the room would only contain the steamer + the 2 players.
Once the 2 players are done, another 2 can be invited via Xbox message. (this is how we do online tourneys in SF4)
This way the gameplay would be optimized and you would avoid any issues to do with lag and such.
The netcode of VF5 FS is robust. This Sunday during the tourney we were 7 people in the room and at the same time, party chat, and there was absolutely no delay with TRI Mike as host. Don't worry ;)

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
I want to improve my position in the last tournament, so sign me up. :)

The netcode of VF5 FS is robust. This Sunday during the tourney we were 7 people in the room, and at the same time, party chat and there was absolutely no delay with TRI Mike as host. Don't worry ;)

No, I do worry because I am in the UK. VF5FS's net code is good .. but not GREAT.
Plus I have tried this before. several times.
Played Master, Allen , Jeff, and some others ..

I prefer keeping it to 3 per room (streamer, and the 2 players) .. and NO party chat.
You can set up a seperate party chat where the players can join once the matches are done and everyone can watch the stream from their own PC.

Not to mention that I absolutely hate it when people talk while playing

WiZzYx

Europe...that changes everything. if we play, 1 second delay ensured. (I'm from Argentina)

MrMoon360

Lol why is that ? :p

Have you tried out my Akira ? Beed working on him recently ... Still a work in progress tho but hes so fun !

Hit me up on XBL, we can play a few :D
lol
I have fun playing Akira now.
Sarah Bryant just has a much faster pressure game to her. You really have to play good defense against her.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Theres another way to set this tournament up ...

Have the brackets ready ...
then have every player organize their match with their opponent withing like 3 days ...
whenever a score is posted here the brackets are updated and the tournament carries on..
this way not only is it less hastle, but also gives more chance for more players to join etc.

We do this for the Euro SCV rank battles...

MrMoon360

I dunno about that.
That seems it would lack an audience. That real tournament feel the other method brings.

Allan Paris

The netcode of VF5 FS is robust. This Sunday during the tourney we were 7 people in the room and at the same time, party chat, and there was absolutely no delay with TRI Mike as host. Don't worry ;)

We were all in game chat in that session. I am not too fond of VF:FS's net code. It's a hit or miss thing for me.

FakeSypha

I was getting a 1-2 second delay playing you guys.
Yep, with you the lag was kinda terrible :(
Can't say the same about playing with Allan Paris or MrMoon. Although there was some lag, it was something I could deal with.

What we should do is have some test fights around on this weekend to see how good/bad is the lag. Based on that, I may or may not participate. I don't want to bring laggy matches to anyone.

I concur with the guys saying NO party chat. Gathering so many guys at a party will surely lag the hell out the game.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
It uses P2P on the two playing players. It designates either one as the host of the current match. Just because TRI Mike was the host of the lobby doesn't mean our network data was going to each other through him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD