[Jul 21, 2012] Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown official online... (VF5FS Online tourney.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allan Paris

You noticed any significant lag, when playing with me or FakeSypha?

I get that with just about anyone. You guys are really far away. So yeah the lag is significant, it's not lagging as far as sluggish movement but, delayed inputs; like sometimes I can't SS or if I do SS I can't attack after I step and then I get blasted with whatever is thrown next. I also get this same delay issue with oher players in the States. I just adapt to it and play accordingly. It's all fun and games though, I don't take online play serioulsy, my days of doing that have been long gone.

Plus you guys are ok with me, so I don't mind playing and talking whenever I am free to do so with you guys.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I get that with just about anyone. You guys are really far away. So yeah the lag is significant, it's not lagging as far as sluggish movement but, delayed inputs; like sometimes I can't SS or if I do SS I can't attack after I step and then I get blasted with whatever is thrown next. I also get this same delay issue with oher players in the States.

Hell yeah, connecting with you is terrible on my mentality. At least you're not as much of a delay as the Argentinians, haha.

Allan Paris

Hell yeah, connecting with you is terrible on my mentality.

Lol. I recently played a Pai/Lion player. With the right delay, there's nothing you can do to them; strategically playing. I know what you mean and how you feel with that one.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Especially when you have no frame advantage attack pressure ;_;, you just have to pray to god Wolf's throws connect, the damage is so rewarding with delay lol.

WiZzYx

It uses P2P on the two playing players. It designates either one as the host of the current match. Just because TRI Mike was the host of the lobby doesn't mean our network data was going to each other through him.
I have my doubts. The status of connection with FakeSypha was gray, (he lives within 800 miles of my location and never see him gray, when we play), and with you it was green. It makes sense because the data must travel to Venezuela and from there, return to me. Apparently you are closer to Mike that we, or the latency of the interconnections between countries are better, so then the "triangulation" of data is faster and efficient, with a host geographically in the center.

TRI Mike

That's the biggest issue with the tourney I want to make. The lag. I fortunately can play with ALMOST no problems with Paris and Wah but the Europe and Argentina players might have strong delays ):

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
That's the biggest issue with running online tourneys to begin with. The mere fact it's an online tournament means anyone who signs up for the event is accepting the condition that their online condition isn't guaranteed to be perfect and in fact has a greater chance of being a laggy mess.

TRI Mike

I'm gonna have to delay this thing for another week. I've been VERY busy between one thing and the other and haven't had time to find fighters for it and gather the ones who already said want in. It is happening, just not this saturday.

FakeSypha

I haven't played or even practiced a bit since the other little tourney, so I'm glad to know that. It will give me some time to dust off and improve my crappy Vanessa.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
I haven't played or even practiced a bit since the other little tourney, so I'm glad to know that. It will give me some time to dust off and improve my crappy Vanessa.

if you wanna learn vanessa hit up MrMoon360.. he's come up with some mean setups of his own .. had a good run with him today :)

FakeSypha

if you wanna learn vanessa hit up MrMoon360.. he's come up with some mean setups of his own .. had a good run with him today :)
I already had a couple of matches with him some weeks ago. His Vanessa was pretty good. Mine is... still crappy, and on top of that is rusty. Damn, reading my previous post made me realize I haven't even played the game since then

Thanks for the reminder and the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD