Kat “Mystik” Gunn bio by Bryan Dawson

DrDogg

Good bio.

Honestly, I was hoping there'd be some mention of her and Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo in the same sentence somewhere, haha.

If I had mentioned Puzzle Fighter, it would've caused a fight. Kat seems to think she's better than me at that game. A ridiculous idea, I know. :p

YEah i saw that. I wasnt sure if that was the whole story and did they really name their clan PMS because there all girls or is there some creativity to their clan name "PMS"?

I believe PMS originally stood for Pandora's Mighty Soldiers. I'm not sure if that's still what the name means.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
If I had mentioned Puzzle Fighter, it would've caused a fight. Kat seems to think she's better than me at that game. A ridiculous idea, I know. :p

Good to know, there's quite a few people at every NEC/GVN who want to do a Puzzle Fighter tourney. I even have the arcade board as well.

I believe PMS originally stood for Pandora's Mighty Soldiers. I'm not sure if that's still what the name means.

It originally was "Pretty Mean Sisters" until Amber took it over and 'renamed' them to the above. The H20 clan came from them as they would say they accepted men but only as their water boys.

DrDogg

Good to know, there's quite a few people at every NEC/GVN who want to do a Puzzle Fighter tourney. I even have the arcade board as well.

HD Remix or bust. No need to see a bunch of Ken and Donovan matches. I'd probably enter a Puzzle Fighter tournament though. I tried to get one at DEV for years. Now I'm trying to get one at IPL.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
HDR isn't as bad as STHDR so I don't see a problem with that. Saves me time and effort, I was merely stating that I have it as a collection piece.

Paulina

I never even knew they had these televised DOA4 events until just recently. My God, do they look hokey as shit, too. Ugh. What the fuck are the coaches for?
I think it was mainly during/soon after the release of 4. It fell from the syndicated tourney scene after it lost its shiny newness. And I know, right? "Keep it up! Just keep doing that!" Or if they're losing: "C'mon, X! You know how to win this!" Really helpful, guy.

Game Over

I'm not sure actually. I assume it's some kind of TV show, or maybe a tournament. ^^"

OK, googled it. It was like a video game "reality" tv show. Where they played games and done physical challenges to win cash, a nice gaming PC and a spot to travel around the world for video game tourneys. Pretty cool, I guess.

You guys should hit up Hulu to check out episodes of WCG Ultimate Gamer. It was pretty fun to watch. Not much legitimacy for competitive gaming, but LOTS of LULZ from the various shenanigans and general interactions between cast members.

http://www.hulu.com/search?query=WCG Ultimate Gamer&st=0&fs=

Probably one of the best moments in WCGUG's short history:

NOTE: "Guile's Theme" is a trademark of Capcom, and is not actually featured in this episode of WCGUG.

ADD:

If you lookup various vids of the show on Youtube, you will find LOTS of GOLD coming from the show's many bloopers and side features with the cast. HILARIOUS stuff!!!

^ This clip's laugh factor multiplies 100x once you've watched enough episodes to catch all the mannerisms!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD