Kensei: Sacred Fist is a doa/tekken ripoff.

Sho'nuff

It's definitely a rip-off of other games, as it's clearly evident in some of its system directions, blatant character designs, and shoddy background concoctions.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game as well for the sheer sake of it being a remedy to my boredom, but it's definitely a horrid imitation of Tekken and DOA with a splash of Virtua Fighter. The game was even released after Tekken 3 when the game plays like a first-gen offering, much akin to games like VS, Tobal No. 1 and Battle Arena: Toshinden.

It is, by far, one of Konami's worst attempts.

Sho'nuff

And apologies for double posting, but.....

In that video, Ann's movesets (which they listed her fighting style as "Wrestling", much akin to her sub-character, David) were heavily borrowed from Bayman and King. Even her Giant Swing was borrowed from Wolf and deals mediocre damage in this game.

saikyom

Perhaps I will do a video about this game in the near future. Unfortunately if a game is not a Tekken, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive or Mortal Kombat its kind of falls under the radar and no one knows anything about it.
Personally I am a collector of fighting games,do you know fighting layer ? fighter's impact ?urban reign ? great memories :)

yes i meant fond LOL.

Personally I am a collector of fighting games,do you know fighting layer ? fighter's impact ?urban reign ? great memories :)

Heh yeah I know all of those. Although Urban Reign isn't TECHNICALLY a fighting game but is more of a third person beat em up.

Also btw, Vs. (on the playstation which is also a really great fighting game) is based on fighter's impact!

Rand0M Mofo

found this on the kensei wikipedia page.

lol wiki edit.jpg

synce

I used too play this game a lot back then! I loved it actually! The blonde girl had that jumping kick awesome move! just because it's a fighting game doesn't mean it's a ripoff of the other games! Although I see a lot of Michelle Chang in one of the girls.

1:38

lol There's reverse ryona now? Oh internet

So 3 pages huh... is this now for obscure fighting games in general? Does anyone remember Evil Zone?

vinaro

lol There's reverse ryona now? Oh internet

So 3 pages huh... is this now for obscure fighting games in general? Does anyone remember Evil Zone?

YAAAS! Ilove this game! I bought it last year! Used to play it as a kid! Setsuna FTW!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD