Killer Instinct Thread

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Killer_instinct_(2013)_logo.jpg

Punch.jpg

Yup! For those who didn't know, Killer Instinct is back! It originally started in the arcades & on SNES. Killer Instinct 2 & Killer Instinct Gold was soon released for arcades and for the N64. Now, after a long hiatus, it finally returns to the Xbox One exclusively.

I'm looking forward to using Jago & more KI characters in the future. This thread is for KI festivities & anything that is KI related. Discuss.

http://media.heavy.com/media/2013/06/Punch.jpg

http://www.testyourmight.com/forum/

b-bombs

Standard Donor
Killer Instinct was such a fun game. Both of the actually. I'm excited to see what else is revealed in the coming months. It seems like the developers are working hard to listen to fans of the series and make it a really solid game.

Chaos

Seeing a amazing old school game coming back like this one is a wonderful feeling. I can't wait to play it. :)

b-bombs

Standard Donor
I really want to get down on some returning characters (Orchid, Cinder, Teen Wolf) but I'm very interested to see if there will be some new characters come out of this as well.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
They've announced both of my characters so I'm set (Sabrewulf and Fulgore) but I am open to trying new characters. I'll have this on Xbox One day one.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
They've announced both of my characters so I'm set (Sabrewulf and Fulgore) but I am open to trying new characters. I'll have this on Xbox One day one.

Right behind ya, buddy. Edit: I enjoyed Glacious & Cinder too. Wonder if they'll put Kim Wu & Orchid in?

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
They've confirmed Spinal, Cinder, and Fulgore in addition to the three we've actually seen. I forget the interview but it's easy to Google it. One of the barrage of interviews...think it was a Rare fanblog. They've also said they want to have more female characters, so we'll likely see at least the three classic females as well as new ones.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Yeah they confirmed Cinder from a source, too. I'll link it once I track it down again.

Game Over

LOL @ fighting games (almost) always bringing back "dead" characters!

IIRC, Cinder was "killed" by Glacius in the KI (1st game) story. Granted, they can easily just say the Cinder in this game is a new guy put through the same process that "created" the original Cinder. Now let's see them come up with a way to bring back Chief Thunder and Riptor!

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Since they can easily say any ending they want is canon or not canon, it's not terribly difficult to bring back anyone. Riptor is a favorite of a couple of the devs so I can't imagine it'll be long before it comes back. I'm happy with my two characters returning so at this point it's just about adding to the package.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
LOL @ fighting games (almost) always bringing back "dead" characters!

IIRC, Cinder was "killed" by Glacius in the KI (1st game) story. Granted, they can easily just say the Cinder in this game is a new guy put through the same process that "created" the original Cinder. Now let's see them come up with a way to bring back Chief Thunder and Riptor!
I thought Chief Thunder was still alive...

Game Over

I thought Chief Thunder was still alive...

Unless I'm mistaken (I never played KI2/KI Gold to know its story in-depth), I recall the KI2 story mentioning that in the first tournament, Glacius killed Cinder, Spinal killed Chief Thunder, and Sabrewulf killed Riptor.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I look for them to add some new characters too. I just have that feeling. 9x's out of 10 when a new fighting game is made, new characters come in the franchise along with some old ones.

EDIT: Test Your Might is gonna support the game & a KI scene it seems. I don't know if KI will have it's own forums or not, but for now this is the only source of info that I have that will be keeping tabs on it other than this thread: http://www.testyourmight.com/forum/

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD