KOEI's Warriors + Sengoku Basara

Xernuht

Is wo3 something I should care about/look into?

Possibly. It's a fusion of DW/SW with some OG characters and some guests from other TK series. Mind you, the roster's taken from DW7 and SW3, so no Linqui. That said, it's probably the best modern Warriors game available.

Weird thing about Lu Linqui. Her cross pike is a middle ground. She wields it like a single sword weapon but it has the reach of actual pole arms, and she can boomerang it for mob clearing like flashover officers. It seems to cover ever possible niche, which I love.

So for secondary weapon I pick whatever is fun, but...does it compatibility really matter? I know higher stars means she can use Shadow Sprint but so few weapons use that, so she just 3 stars most weapons which I thought was useless, but its only a minor dip in strength, and can't use shadow sprint which...woopdeedoo?

Im trying to "settle" on a secondary for her, then get that officer to 50 to get the weapon skill for her.

I tend to use compatible weapons out of simplicity, but if you get the weapon skill, you can also access that weapon's compatibility technique as well. If you'd rather grind it out, you could use Zhou Tai, learn Curved Sword, and use the Jump Glitch to zip across the field instead of the faster horses.

To use the glitch, use his jumping Charge attack, then jump immediately and use the attack again.

Also is there w better way to deal with enemies always blocking, other than spamming switch attacks?

Unless you're using a character with charge attacks that have throws, not really.

Also Hang Dan turned out to be remarkably badass. After facing him so much, from his dialogue to his design I didn't even realize he wasn't a generic officer, then I tried playing as him, and he's pretty goddamn solid, he's like a lesser Lu Bu!

Actually, Han Dang's style is somewhat reminiscent of Nemea's style in WO3.

Argentus

Possibly. It's a fusion of DW/SW with some OG characters and some guests from other TK series. Mind you, the roster's taken from DW7 and SW3, so no Linqui. That said, it's probably the best modern Warriors game available.

I tend to use compatible weapons out of simplicity, but if you get the weapon skill, you can also access that weapon's compatibility technique as well. If you'd rather grind it out, you could use Zhou Tai, learn Curved Sword, and use the Jump Glitch to zip across the field instead of the faster horses.

To use the glitch, use his jumping Charge attack, then jump immediately and use the attack again.

Unless you're using a character with charge attacks that have throws, not really.

Actually, Han Dang's style is somewhat reminiscent of Nemea's style in WO3.
I have no idea who nemea is lol.

Also I tried the new fire arrow guy. He's...hard to control but awesome. He slides around while firing to tag, then strong attacks to torch em.

And I get that the Extreme Legends are expansions, but then what are the Empires games? Traditional RTS, or something more like the psp games? Should I have gotten 8 empires instead of 8xl?

Also you say WO is the best of the "warriors" games, but does that include pirate/Gundam/hyrule, which mechanically, if not content wise, far outstrip DW, in my opinion?

As for blocking....if I see an officer always blocking, I just ignore them an attack everyone else. the officer tends to run in and get hit by my attacks anyway lol

Xernuht

... but then what are the Empires games? Traditional RTS, or something more like the psp games? Should I have gotten 8 empires instead of 8xl?

Wasn't sure, but apparently the Empires games allow you to select a faction and its unifier (a PC of your choice), and then go about unifying the land your own way. Slightly more tactical.

Also you say WO is the best of the "warriors" games, but does that include pirate/Gundam/hyrule, which mechanically, if not content wise, far outstrip DW, in my opinion?

Hmmm... content/gameplay-wise, it definitely surpasses DW. I can't really compare it to PW or DW:G (haven't played either), but it's very different from Hyrule Warriors.

Now, there is one issue that may turn you away at first: there are quite a few weapon duplications: Yuanji and Zhurong use throwing knives, Sima Shi, Yuan Shao, and Liu Shan use rapiers, Zhuge Liang, Zhuge Dan, and Sima Yi use feather fans, etc.

That said, every weapon clone has slightly different charge attacks.

Argentus

Okay.

Also I'm getting really frustrated with this games mechanics sometimes.

I hate this whole "having to spam switch attacks as the only way to deal opponents always blocking everything" gimmick. It forces me to basically use lu bus halberd with every character because that speed increase is my only chance to do any damage.

Combine this with
1) switch attacks launch, during which I have to stop and wait for them to land and get back up because I lose sight of them due to no lock on, and I can't hurt them while they are on the ground. Meaning I get like one or two hits in before they start blocking and I have to switch attack and wait again... for timed missions its a nightmare.

And

2) no lock on means that every time the enemy is sent flying or moves or the camera swings, I have to stop everything, manually look around for them, and recenter the camera.

It all just makes the harder difficulties, super super super annoying/tedious

Like I'm on the mission to capture the bases before Jiang Wei can warn them but it takes so damb long to kill each officer due to the above that I can't do it with my 52 xingcai. Just my 107 Lingqi, who is op for the mission. But since I'm trying to get Xingcais heavenly weapon I have to use her apparently

Argentus

Need some help. Just found out I can modify the effects on the 5 and 6 star weapons. But the question is.....should I?

Like I'm staring at lu linquis and I wanna use those over 4 dot weapons because they look awesome....but not sure if I should replace/swap out their default special effects or not...

Waddya think?

Her 6 star weapon has
10 frost
9 protection
9 chain
Fury
Greed.

Her 5 star has
10 Slash
Agility
9 Enlightenment
Resolve.

I got her to 150 so I'm switching to xingcai who I also have 5 and 6 star weapons for. Though I added 8 velocity and 7 induction to her 6 star already.

How how do I somersault?

saikyom

was in love with these games when i had a psp, played while on the bus back from work around 2009......not anymore, but thanks to them i learned a lot about japan and china's history :) kakoton is my fav.

Argentus

Figured its a good time to revive the thread what with the announcement. I'm guessing they picked Samurai over Dynasty just due to the typical preference for Japanese over everything else

Also I picked up One Piece Pirate Warriors 3.

They overhauled every bodies move sets and added way more assist characters, but its hit or miss.

The game locks you out of the last hits of the combos unless you go into the "super mode" which also forces the assist characters to all jump in. Only unlike PW2, you can't pick your assists this time, they change according to the level.

Then there's other things, like for New World Franky, they got rid of Franky Boxing (my favorite move before), and even with Paradise Franky you can no longer extend it to longer and faster boxing rush down, so now it only lasts a second or so.

samuraihachi

Standard Donor
Just gonna bump this thread and remind people how epic the voice acting was in DW3. Seriously, the delivery here is king. You don't see voice acting this good these days.

Argentus

I don't think just any hack and slash qualifies or wed be listing every action game ever.

But I'm not familiar with those two so can't say.

I will say I finally got Hyrule Warriors on 3ds and I am loving it. Linkle is awesome with her dual Uzi bomb loaded crossbows.

samuraihachi

Standard Donor
Wow, been a long time since anyones posted here I see. Anyways, anyone else here get Samurai Warriors 5? Haven't touched a warriors game in a while and this one I gotta admit is a lot more improved story wise compared to the previous entries. You really get to see the growth in Nobunaga as a character. A shame about the fan favorites getting cut from the game, like Yukimura Sanada but still a great game nonetheless. Really digging Nobunaga's new designs.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD