Kokoro Q & A

KokoroFTW

Im s
Hello all! After some decideding, I'm making Kokoro my secondary. I have a couple questions. What is Kokoro's playstyle? What are good mixups to mixup? What are her weaknesses? And last but not least, what are some good Kokoro combos that are relatively easy-intermediate? Thanks in advance!
till rather new to learning her, but from what i know her style is just like Akira Yuki's and its called Ba Ji Quan. I would say her strength is her being a sitdown stun machine. Her weakness i would say is her attacks for the most part are linear. As far as Combos go i made a video for combos in the video thread.

ninjaguy446

Im s
till rather new to learning her, but from what i know her style is just like Akira Yuki's and its called Ba Ji Quan. I would say her strength is her being a sitdown stun machine. Her weakness i would say is her attacks for the most part are linear. As far as Combos go i made a video for combos in the video thread.
Okay! Thank you! :)

Dallas1088

How exactly are you supposed to beat Kokoro? I guess wrong once and I'm launched into a combo, pounded back into the ground, then force tech'd back up with :2::F+K::K: and have to guess what she's going to start with all over again. She seems impossible for me :(

KevinJ

I'm new to the DoA scene and I am looking to main Kokoro. I was wondering if anyone can point me to some top players from any region that I can look up videos on. It seems like in the video thread that a JP player named Kimono is good, are there any other top players I should search for?

KokoroFTW

I have a big problem dealing with Rig. His pressure is annoying. I did try and side step and that worked a little, but i end up getting beat. My only other option is Holding his attacks and they are confusing. Any help on him would be greatly appreciated.

Stikku

I was fucking around with Kokoro trying to get some advantage combos in DOAD. I never played her much in DOA4, and this may be worth checking to see if it's still possible in DOA5.

Essentially, going for frame advantage setups with her :4::F+P: that sets up the opponent with their back turned to Kokoro giving her advantage (or any situation where the opponent's back is turned), you can follow up with :6::P::P: :~: :6::6::P+K:, :6::P::P: :~: :6::6::P+K: :5::5::5: getting a "Standing 30-hit combo" that resets the combo damage modifier every volley, netting well over 300 damage. I'm sure it's slow-escapable, I don't recall it being in DOA4, and the only other game I can think of with this stupid "standing 30-hit combo" horseshit is DOA5. So is this still possible?

HoodsXx

Her back throw, doesn't give enough advantage frames as it use to anymore. So they can slow escape and block the 6PP right from the start D:. If they don't slow escape though, I'm sure it should work, since you can't hold while you're in BT state.

Mavis

Who would you guys recommend as a tag partner for Kokoro? Is there anyone else that plays similar to her at all?

Stikku

Who would you guys recommend as a tag partner for Kokoro? Is there anyone else that plays similar to her at all?
Who is Akira?
jeopardy.jpg

Lagstab

akira is such an ass to use to me, all of his inputs are like super weird like that hold 1 2 thing or something.

Jiraiya-Sama2390

Anyone have any frame traps or dirty setups they're willing to share? I'm drawing blanks since this broad is at minus frames on basically everything that doesn't stun, knockdown, or guard break

Lagstab

well im a scrub but i use her :P::P::F: its great because you can follow up with a stun and critical burst, or just extend to a larger combo, that is if they dont get an attack in between the second :P: and the grab, which some of the quicker characters get by.
this wouldnt be great if the character is stunned only to start out a combo, unless maybe you were trying to dodge?

Jiraiya-Sama2390

well im a scrub but i use her :P::P::F: its great because you can follow up with a stun and critical burst, or just extend to a larger combo, that is if they dont get an attack in between the second :P: and the grab, which some of the quicker characters get by.
this wouldnt be great if the character is stunned only to start out a combo, unless maybe you were trying to dodge?

Was just trying to mount an offense, which is almost impossible in this game >_<

Musourenka

:H+K: is rather dirty (along with its string variants in :P::P::K:, :3::K::K:, :1::K::K::K:). In Open Stance (characters have opposite foot forward from each other), :6::6::P: cannot be blocked. In Closed Stance (same foot forward), the :6::6::P: will miss if buffered, and if you try to step forward to give it range, the opponent will be able to block if they slow-escaped.

Unfortunately, they can slow-escape -> backdash to avoid it regardless of initial foot position. I'll need to think of other ways to mess with opponents if they get wise to this.

Assuming you get your :6::6::P: to connect with the opponent's back:

:1::K::K::P: , :9::P::P::2::K::P: gets you a 88 damage combo.

EDIT: Why stop there?

:1::K::K::h:,:7::K:, BT :P::6::P::h:, :9::P::P::2::K::K:

98 damage.

Lagstab

so im just wondering, am i the only one who enjoys using kokoros :2::P+K: in the middle of a combo when you know its gonna kill them. it feels badass to say the least lol.

synce

Geisha curbstomp... I like doing it to people who lay on the ground too long. I think it gives guaranteed bt p+k but I can't consistently recreate it in sparring

And to Kokoro players in general, what's a good option after you're in bt from pk4k? Most players stuff my bt p+k attempt with a mid punch so I'm thinking maybe dash back and whiff punish with 236p, what are your experiences?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD