Kung Fu Cinema

Orange Pork

Ask me anything about Donnie Yen kicking fools in the face. But first, check out Chocolate.

Chocolate_2008_poster.jpg

Chocolate is a film about an autistic girl raising money for her sick mom, who gets wrapped up in some nasty mess with the mob. She raises the money by collecting on the debts her mom and her mob boss boyfriend ran up during their gangstering days. No one takes her seriously at first, because she an autistic girl. Also because she's Jeeja Yanin and is the least threatening looking person ever. But in this movie, autism gives you Taskmaster powers, so she learns all kinds of kung fu just by watching people perform it on television. By her teens, she's basically Bruce Lee. And dudes get hurt.

It is heartwarming.

The fight choreography is by the same dude who did The Protector and the Ong Bak movies. Pretty much top notch.

Here's some Jeeja.

Bee tee dub, The Protector is getting a sequel this year. And she's in it. It'll be her and Tony Jaa running up walls and kneeing mobsters in the chest together, trying to save elephants or something. I don't know. I've seen the Protector about 8 times and still have no idea what that movie is about.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Chocolate's a Thai movie, yo.

Where is that Tony Jaa up to these day? I haven't heard any news of him doing new flicks.

Allan Paris

The IP Man trilogy is GODLIKE! I have to check out Chocolate, I haven't got the time yet to do so. Free time coming up real soon for me.

Relius Starkiller

I guess they haven't invented the double leg take-down yet.

Because if this bitch tried that shit on me, I'd just tackle her, lay on her for 15 minutes and become the next UFC middleweight title challenger

Like this guy!

Orange Pork

Where is that Tony Jaa up to these day? I haven't heard any news of him doing new flicks.
Dude's working on finishing up The Protector 2 with Jeeja Yanin. I think it was supposed to come out last year but got delayed, probably due to one of them breaking all their bones doing stunts and junk. At the end of Chocolate they show a bunch of outtakes from the fight scenes and it's pretty much like 6 much of gnarly falls. I can't see this video from work (they block the player but not the site, those crafty bastards), but I think there's one in there where she tries to slide over a wooden table and ends up nearly breaking her spine from the way she lands.

The IP Man trilogy is GODLIKE!

Hells yeah. He's been doing a lot of more modern style action flicks recently like Killzone and Flash Point, but I love that dude best in the traditional, 17th century settings like in the Fist of Fury movie/tv show.

On a related note, Donnie's next movie is Journey West, where he plays Sun Wukong. I have no idea how I feel about this.

Donnie-Yen-The-Monkey-King.jpg

x Sypher x

The fuck? Don't those people believe in stunt doubles or something? Poor people are getting badly injured while filming a movie :confused:

Allan Paris

Finally got around to watching Chocolate, and it was ok. The movie got very dumb to me as it came to an end. I guess the concept of this movie is why people put it on pedestal. The concept was nice, the story was ok, and all the fighting scenes were bland except for the break dancing kid.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD