Lack of decent(ish) male costumes for DOA5?

Rawbietussin

We'll see, I'm content with Kokoro's Short black skirt. = w=
can't keep my eyes off her. But I'd love to see her in a Geisha outfit for once. THAT WOULD BE NICE.

I actually meant about designing costumes for the guys but coming up some stuff for the girls would be good as well.

Oh, the Tifa-inspired outfit, you mean? Aren't her kimonos giving the geisha vibes already? What she truly does need is her traditional Maiko hair from her DOA4 ending.

KingGhidorah

I actually meant about designing costumes for the guys but coming up some stuff for the girls would be good as well.

Oh, the Tifa-inspired outfit, you mean? Aren't her kimonos giving the geisha vibes already? What she truly does need is her traditional Maiko hair from her DOA4 ending.

The magic word has been said- Tifa. That costume just...I have no words. They should do more FF based outfits, would be so good!

o_YUE_o

Aren't her kimonos giving the geisha vibes already?
tumblr_lygxyrwJUE1r15n7ko1_400.jpg

5.gif

Rawbietussin

The magic word has been said- Tifa. That costume just...I have no words. They should do more FF based outfits, would be so good!

Most outfits in FF tends to look rather overdressed and cluttered (especially armored ones). I'm fine with it if it looks something casual like Selphie's yellow overalls dress in FF8 or something similar.

Well, what do you got in mind instead though?

KingGhidorah

Most outfits in FF tends to look rather overdressed and cluttered (especially armored ones). I'm fine with it if it looks something casual like Selphie's yellow overalls dress in FF8 or something similar.

I could honestly see Ryu wearing Squall's attire, and Eliot in Clouds without there being any real issues. TN could easily make it work. Also Ayane in Lightning's FFXIII-2 outfit with Kasumi sporting Serah's. I'd throw so much money at them to have those become reality, you don't even know.

Rawbietussin

I could honestly see Ryu wearing Squall's attire, and Eliot in Clouds without there being any real issues. TN could easily make it work. Also Ayane in Lightning's FFXIII-2 outfit with Kasumi sporting Serah's. I'd throw so much money at them to have those become reality, you don't even know.

In times like these I actually wish DOA characters were featured more in crossovers, especially the non-ninjas since they are literally monopolized from the very beginning of the series.

Ryu in Squall's clothes would look great if they finally took off his darn mask. I think Eliot fits more in Tidus' clothes. Lightning's outfit there is a little clunky because of the armor but then again, Ayane's a ninja so it's alright I suppose (although I do wish to see Helena with pink hair in the same shade as Lightning). Serah's costume in Kasumi would look just right.

KingGhidorah

In times like these I actually wish DOA characters were featured more in crossovers, especially the non-ninjas since they are literally monopolized from the very beginning of the series.

Ryu in Squall's clothes would look great if they finally took off his darn mask. I think Eliot fits more in Tidus' clothes. Lightning's outfit there is a little clunky because of the armor but then again, Ayane's a ninja so it's alright I suppose (although I do wish to see Helena with pink hair in the same shade as Lightning). Serah's costume in Kasumi would look just right.

I'm sure they would remove his mask for that outfit, just wouldn't make sense if he kept it on in that.

Eliot wearing Tidus's costume probably would fit better, still, he's the only one I could see pull off Cloud IMO.

Helena with pink hair.... Hmm.... <3 I approve.

And I'd seriously use Kasumi a lot more if they gave her the outfit.

Rawbietussin

The lower half of Ryu's face was actually revealed in his 5+ training dummy cyber suit. Eliot being the only blonde male (aside from Bass but he's too old) would look good in Cloud's but yeah Tidus clothes fits him better. (unless they gave such to Jacky which isn't really possible as this game is not Sega's)

I's definitely love it if they gave her such a hair color. I literally think Helena looks great in pink. It's the main reason why I bought her Kitty Pack DLC because of her catsuit. She needs to start sporting some other colors apart from the usual reds, blues, blacks and whites. Kasumi in Serah's costumes fits so well, it's even in her motif.

KingGhidorah

We need to get people to tweet at TN to make this happen, seriously. They would attract a good amount of attention by making these reality for their characters.

Rawbietussin

Oh yes, most definitely~

Still, I'd like to design some original costume ideas myself and send it up. I mean they were able to hold a "make your move" contest, why not a "design a costume for 5U" contest too. (unless they have been secretly keeping fan-made concept arts and make those come true)

Rawbietussin

Why not both? I'd be down to see what you and others cook up, also having both would be pure win IMO. :D

At most, I just draw traditional art as a hobby with plain basic tools (pencils, colored pencils, sign/gel pens for inking) so it's nothing spectacular or out of the ordinary.

Last edited:

13ways

While I hope the girls get many many many many more costumes and while I know they are the best sellers of DOA, I do hope the males get more then they do now.

They are alot of cool interesting costumes ideas that they could use for the guys. I mean they came up with alot of stuff from Zacks blue hoddie to Eliot's kawaii kitty outfit to Brad's cowboy outfit

13ways

Yeah all the younger girls got more then one (minus Mila) and got more original outfits while the older women (minus Tina) only got one and either got cops or nurses outfits

I'd love to see what casual clothing Tina,Lisa,Christie,Helena,and Rachel will get next

lotr9690

It's been talked about A LOT and it gets pretty heated and someone seriously said calling for more outfits for dudes and thinking the girls have a lot is sexist and I got called a chauvinist over it which is something I don't think I'll ever get over because it was just so ridiculous.

The guys certainly do need some better ones. Just look at Zack. At least he got a half decent one with the blue hoodie.

Don't let that BS get you down. And don't let it prevent you from contributing to this discussion. I'll back you up if need be :) I would like to see

Before I begin, let me just say... I am not naive. I know that people often buy the game and DLC just for the girls. However, I know a heck of a lot of girls who play this game regularly and they bring this topic up A LOT... so I think they should have a say too. Nothing wrong with a little eye candy on both sides.
Honestly, I am all about variety. I want more meshes for the guys and less recolors. In fact, that can be said for everyone on this game. And honestly... I'd like equal treatment. Not the same treatment lol.

So, I'm not saying I want to see Rig in a one-piece torpedoed maillot swimsuit. Give them a closer amount to the girls' catalog. And make a couple costumes man-sexy. You know maybe a few more tight shirts won't hurt. Or shorts, or pants etc. I think we can all handle that. Putting them in thongs is a little overboard, of course - but maybe something slightly more revealing than the status quo. And I think they did a great job with Zack's blue hoodie and his white washed pants. That was excellent. Furthermore, I think it was fantastic that they gave the guys some swimsuits or fighting shorts -- call it what you like but it's the most skin we've seen of the guys. As long as we get options I'm fine though!

Do I think there is a huge chance this will ever happen? Maybe not. I'm not saying it will happen. I'm just saying this is what I think should happen. It's not drastic, to me by any means. Even better it can improve the quality, life and even marketing of the game if you just give the guys more costumes.

Out of the girls right now. Apart from Momiji and Rachel, all the older girls needs more attention than the younger ones since they literally only received one costume.
Agreed! Poor Helena got that silly alternate mesh & recolor of the Hot Cop from Momiji in NG3RE and a white bunny. What in the hell TN hahaha! When would Helena - a modern French aristocrat - ever wear that? It's not even consistent with her personality! Also, I'm pretty sure every one of the older girls got an alternate mesh of Momiji's Hot Cop. The closest one is obviously Christie - it was a copy-paste recolor. Then Tina's has a strap across her breast recolor with a baseball/security girl hat on. And finally Lisa and Rachel got the Hot cop with a nurse color scheme -- and they call them sexy nurse outfits... pure laziness. As if we wouldn't notice!! They should have tucked those little gems away and gave us the DLC they are working on right now on-disc. Sorry, I digress.

Rawbietussin

Don't let that BS get you down. And don't let it prevent you from contributing to this discussion. I'll back you up if need be :) I would like to see

Before I begin, let me just say... I am not naive. I know that people often buy the game and DLC just for the girls. However, I know a heck of a lot of girls who play this game regularly and they bring this topic up A LOT... so I think they should have a say too. Nothing wrong with a little eye candy on both sides.
Honestly, I am all about variety. I want more meshes for the guys and less recolors. In fact, that can be said for everyone on this game. And honestly... I'd like equal treatment. Not the same treatment lol.

So, I'm not saying I want to see Rig in a one-piece torpedoed maillot swimsuit. Give them a closer amount to the girls' catalog. And make a couple costumes man-sexy. You know maybe a few more tight shirts won't hurt. Or shorts, or pants etc. I think we can all handle that. Putting them in thongs is a little overboard, of course - but maybe something slightly more revealing than the status quo. And I think they did a great job with Zack's blue hoodie and his white washed pants. That was excellent. Furthermore, I think it was fantastic that they gave the guys some swimsuits or fighting shorts -- call it what you like but it's the most skin we've seen of the guys. As long as we get options I'm fine though!

Do I think there is a huge chance this will ever happen? Maybe not. I'm not saying it will happen. I'm just saying this is what I think should happen. It's not drastic, to me by any means. Even better it can improve the quality, life and even marketing of the game if you just give the guys more costumes.

All the guys needed their classic costumes back from previous DOA titles but that alone wouldn't add much to their wardrobe selection. Maybe it's high time we ask for pre-order DLCs specifically made for them if we want them to be on par with the girls in terms of costume count. Sure, it's a risk factor for them as it is not geared towards their main target audience but it doesn't necessarily mean it would never get bought. To be honest, I think it had more of an impact to their sales than the Santas and maybe even the girl's bunny swimsuits.

I like how they tried to reach out to other fans/gamers who would prefer to see the tables turned in terms of fanservice, especially with their approach with the Fighter Pack DLCs. Everyone was different, unique and had variety similar to the girl's CE swimsuits in 5 just like how Zack is the only one with green trunks and matching green gloves and Jann Lee for having the skimpiest trunks than the rest. There should be another batch since Jacky, Leon and Ein doesn't have one at the moment. I wouldn't be surprised if it got any more skimpier than the previous one but a man can still always dream.

Agreed! Poor Helena got that silly alternate mesh & recolor of the Hot Cop from Momiji in NG3RE and a white bunny. What in the hell TN hahaha! When would Helena - a modern French aristocrat - ever wear that? It's not even consistent with her personality! Also, I'm pretty sure every one of the older girls got an alternate mesh of Momiji's Hot Cop. The closest one is obviously Christie - it was a copy-paste recolor. Then Tina's has a strap across her breast recolor with a baseball/security girl hat on. And finally Lisa and Rachel got the Hot cop with a nurse color scheme -- and they call them sexy nurse outfits... pure laziness. As if we wouldn't notice!! They should have tucked those little gems away and gave us the DLC they are working on right now on-disc. Sorry, I digress.

I know right? I literally find Helena's DOATEC cop suit very ill-fitting and no amount of lace will fix that from ever becoming elegant. All the girls had the bunny swimsuit back then (Helena's was in black originally) but they gave a white version for her as part of the Reverse Bunnies. Christie's cop suit was more fitting to her (I honestly think it looks more similar to one of Anna Williams' customization pieces in Tekken 6 than Momiji's). Tina was given some Sonya Blade/Lara Croft gear. I don't know if it's likable for me but I'm glad she traded places with Mila and gotten 3 new costumes added for her. As for Lisa and Rachel's nurse outfits, I find it better on Lisa as it made an Rumble Rose Anesthesia reference but nah, I still find it lazy. Lisa needs more costumes as La Mariposa to be honest. I personally think her luchadora identity makes her more likable than her as Lisa.

Oh in case you didn't know, Helena also happens to have a new idol costume as a pre-order DLC for 5U and a new seashell bikini for 5U's CE. (that is a Japan only-exclusive for now)

DOA5U_groupD_TeamA_Helena.jpg

BOZH3GwCEAEUioF.jpg:large

ShinQuan

Ive been harping on this for such a long time lol. The guys dont even have double digits for costumes...I mean Brad has 2 recolors...with the DLC he actually only has FOUR costumes!! I really dont like the cowboy outfit, I want more traditional martial art based gi costumes or casual ones. Im sure classic DOA3/DOA4 costumes will come through DLC later but at the very least I wanted those in the game, if nothing brand new.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD