Lack of decent(ish) male costumes for DOA5?

Rawbietussin

Ive been harping on this for such a long time lol. The guys dont even have double digits for costumes...I mean Brad has 2 recolors...with the DLC he actually only has FOUR costumes!! I really dont like the cowboy outfit, I want more traditional martial art based gi costumes or casual ones. Im sure classic DOA3/DOA4 costumes will come through DLC later but at the very least I wanted those in the game, if nothing brand new.

I really feel your pain on Brad's part. I mean there's only one out of his 5 default costumes that isn't a recolor of the other since his C1 is the same as his C4 as well as his C2 and his C5. Although his traditional purple kung fu shirt may fit him well, the top itself is clearly a recolor of Eliot's C5. The cowboy outfit was a bit too out of the box but it's totally not meant for him. :/

Chapstick

Imagine if Rig or Bayman got Chris's sailor suit.

tumblr_mnbmg2cfBr1rseh2ho1_500.png

I really have to applaud capcom for that and the skimpy options they put into Dead Rising.

Ive been harping on this for such a long time lol. The guys dont even have double digits for costumes...I mean Brad has 2 recolors...with the DLC he actually only has FOUR costumes!!
Doesn't he only have 3 dlc outfits? I think all the guys do except Bass with 4 because he has two santas. Traditional santa and ready-to-rock santa.

Rawbietussin

Imagine if Rig or Bayman got Chris's sailor suit.

tumblr_mnbmg2cfBr1rseh2ho1_500.png

I really have to applaud capcom for that and the skimpy options they put into Dead Rising.

Eliot originally had the sailor suit in DOAD but I'd kill for Bayman on it. Capcom is a risk taker but whether people liked the costume or not, it's getting bought anyways. (despite the very ridiculous price). The thing with DOA though is that they took too much focus on their girls that they rely sales primarily on them and not come up anything special with the guys.

I find it odd how Resident Evil and Dead Rising had better graphics than Street Fighter.

Doesn't he only have 3 dlc outfits? I think all the guys do except Bass with 4 because he has two santas. Traditional santa and ready-to-rock santa.

Yup Brad only has 3 DLCs. Zack has 4 too because of the alien suits in silver and gold.

Rawbietussin

I think it's because they're going for a special almost cartoonish art style.

That's sad, they could have looked way hotter in RE/DR graphics.

Also, it saddens me that none of the guys had ever sported pink clothes. :/

Last edited:

13ways

Yeah these both were my fav costumes for him, Especially his C4. And I think he lacks on casual clothing (thank goodness for his new cat outfit). So hopefully eithrr or botg will be in soon

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I also find it really sad, that Team Ninja obviously couldn't care less about the guys. Not only do they have very few and unoriginal costumes, they graphically are inferior to the females too. The character models mostly look blocky and feature low resolution textures. (Bayman's upperbody scar in the fighters pack...OMG! x__X')

In Ultimate, there are some nice additions though: Eliot, out of all the guys, actually got a new haistyle (wow!), Hayate's Ninja Gaiden-esque costume looks really awesome, Zack's blue hoodie looks great and Rig's prison break outfit looks even kinda...sexy! o__O' So, you can't say they didn't try. ;) Let's hope for even more DLC in the future.

Rawbietussin

Well, the females are their selling point but I do believe that TN made the males more attractive too in their new 3D models (even Bass and Gen Fu looks more youthful) as oppose to other fighting games. It's only in 5/5U where Bayman did get a scar. It adds the badass factor on him compared to his scar-less self back in previous DOA installments.

MasterHavik

you know i have always said the girls are selling point in DOA game and that's why DOA get crap for that shit because it's a selling point of why you should play the game.

Rawbietussin

It wouldn't hurt if they refocus it on the guys. It would be nice if they have a separate and dedicated design team solely focusing on them to come up with stuff they wear.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD