Last Round - First Impressions

Pink Nitro

So, do wins and grades carry over? I'm working now. Would be pretty damn lame if they didn't considering most next gen ports have that available but something tells me I'll be working for my A+ yet again.
Grades and rankings are reset.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I will probably really have to wait until Friday for the game. :( Amazon Germany seems to really go by the book and won't send it any earlier. It's hard to see all the Americans and already several Europeans having so much fun (and lots of confusion XD) with the game. (I want to be confused too, if I can have the game early!! D: )

Jadeinchains

I will probably really have to wait until Friday for the game. :( Amazon Germany seems to really go by the book and won't send it any earlier. It's hard to see all the Americans and already several Europeans having so much fun (and lots of confusion XD) with the game. (I want to be confused too, if I can have the game early!! D: )

Yeah I'm really excited for the game aswell.

Aspect

Interesting how updating the game to last round doesn't change the title of my downloaded DOA5U.
It's awesome that TN included all the fan winning costumes in an update to the game, Leifang's new outfit is hot.
Best of all, Phase 4 can now teleport on a blocked 66kk, I'm satisfied

Last edited:

Kyosuke NEO

So Team Ninja did say that LastGen versions would be 30 bucks, I even remember it in the initial press thing and they haven’t said anything different from what I can find out. The marketplace for the 360 claims it 40 though, I’m just wondering it was just them not having things together right now. I remember them still having the box art for Ultimate despite having LR as the title.

RoboJoe

So updating to LR on 360 fucked my save up. Everything has been deleted. Is this normal? I don't really want to unlock everything again.

Argentus

So updating to LR on 360 fucked my save up. Everything has been deleted. Is this normal? I don't really want to unlock everything again.
I kept my unlocked costumes, but had to go into ps store and manually redownload all dlc.

Rapham0n

I'm actually starting to get pissed off that the 2.0 (AKA: Last Round) patch for PS3 for Europe still has not been released yet. Is there any word on when we might actually get it? Or is this yet another case of "SCEE screwed up"? (At this point I am so tired of the incompetence of SCEE. It's just getting ridiculous. How can these fools screw up so often and the rest of SONY doesn't even take notice or care?)

Interesting how updating the game to last round doesn't change the title of my downloaded DOA5U.
It's awesome that TN included all the fan winning costumes in an update to the game, Leifang's new outfit is hot
I remember reading a post by TN that if you upgrade from Ultimate to Last Round the title on the XMB/Dashboard won't change, but as long as on the main menu of the game it shows the Last Round logo then you will know the patch worked.

Rapham0n

I kept my unlocked costumes, but had to go into ps store and manually redownload all dlc.
Please don't tell me this is how the patch/update works. The DLC for this game is a unsorted mess on the European PS STORE. (And over half of the stuff isn't even listed. You have to manually search for it in order to find it.) Having to download everything again is going to be a huge pain. Also, why would the patch delete (or not recognise) the DLC? That's really stupid. With the way things have been handled with this game since vanilla DOA5 was first released up until now you would think that Team Ninja are a bunch of noobs in the game development department. What the hell is going on in that company? I've seen some low-budget indie developers handle their business better. :confused:

Edmund

I don't wanna create a new thread on this so here's my question

My PS3 version of DOA 5 U, and all my DLCS are Region 3 (Asia Region)
My PS4 version of DOA 5 LR is Region 2 (Europe Region)

Does anyone know if the DLCs are cross-region compatible? E.g if I download the Region 3 DLCs, will it register on my Region 2 copy?

Leifang2000

I don't wanna create a new thread on this so here's my question

My PS3 version of DOA 5 U, and all my DLCS are Region 3 (Asia Region)
My PS4 version of DOA 5 LR is Region 2 (Europe Region)

Does anyone know if the DLCs are cross-region compatible? E.g if I download the Region 3 DLCs, will it register on my Region 2 copy?

No, because they are different account. Different PSN Account = Different person.

Boogie

i won't be getting LR for another couple of weeks so i hope all these issues that are occurring is fixed by then o_O

Tyaren

Standard Donor
So, I just updated my Xbox360 version of DOA5U to Last Round, yaaay!! :D Everything worked well, nothing was deleted. Having Last Round on Xbox360 will make the wait for the PS4 version on Friday A LOT easier. Thanks for that! u.U
Last Round looks and plays the exact same as DOA5U on Xbox360. No graphical update here and the gameplay patches aren't noticable to me. But I'm more of a casual DOA player anyway... ;)
What is really nice: Along with the free patch you get all 31 fan-made costumes (you just have to unlock them though) you also get new DOA1 music pieces and also the new tag teams and poses. Honoka, Raidou and (if you haven't bought them already) Phase 4, Nyotengu and Marie Rose are locked though. But they appear as opponents in the different fighting modes, which is cool. :) I don't know, if it was like that in DOA5U too, as I owned all DLC characters.
I already unlocked some of the contest costumes (Eliot first of course! ;)) and I unfortunately have to say, that the bad textures on almost all of them dampened my mood a little. Some look bad up close. :( Hayate for example is just a pixelated mess. And I was so looking forward to him... The costumes are all modeled with great detail though and mostly stay perfectly true to their original design. :) The most beautiful, that I unlocked so far, are in my opinion Kasumi (has some not so great textures too), Akira (has beautiful textures!) and Marie Rose.

Last edited:

Xhominid The Demon Within

So, I just updated my Xbox360 version of DOA5U to Last Round, yaaay!! :D Everything worked well, nothing was deleted. Having Last Round on Xbox360 will make the wait for the PS4 version on Friday A LOT easier. Thanks for that! u.U
Last Round looks and plays the exact same as DOA5U on Xbox360. No graphical update here and the gameplay patches aren't noticable to me. But I'm more of a casual DOA player anyway... ;)
What is really nice: Along with the free patch you get all 31 fan-made costumes (you just have to unlock them though) you also get new DOA1 music pieces and also the new tag teams and poses. Honoka, Raidou and (if you haven't bought them already) Phase 4, Nyotengu and Marie Rose are locked though. But they appear as opponents in the different fighting modes, which is cool. :) I don't know, if it was like that in DOA5U too, as I owned all DLC characters.
I already unlocked some of the contest costumes (Eliot first of course! ;)) and I unfortunately have to say, that the bad textures on almost all of them dampened my mood a little. Some look bad up close. :( Hayate for example is just a pixelated mess. And I was so looking forward to him... The costumes are all modeled with great detail though and mostly stay perfectly true to their original design. :) The most beautiful, that I unlocked so far, are in my opinion Kasumi (has some not so great textures too), Akira (has beautiful textures!) and Marie Rose.

Wait, did you update through Core Fighters or did you buy the X360 version of it? Because I'm gonna be so pissed if I buy the $30 version and I STILL gotta buy the both of them...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD