Latest Tekken Tag Tournament 2 trailer: Another jab at DoA5?

DyByHands

I apoligize Mr. Wah, words can be harsh sometimes. I love this site and community... just sometimes with the DOA hate, I do wonder.

DontForkWitMe

Whether you like tekken or not you gotta hand it to namco, they are going HAM on the promotion for the console versions. they already made a killing in the arcades and could've just done a straight port if they wanted but are going out of there way to ensure they satisfy their hardcore fans while enticing newcomers. including a dozen new characters, new stages, new items, soul calibur 5 netcode, and tons of modes and still have more reveals in store.

DOA5 may be a good game but it won't stand a chance against TTT2 as far as sales go and tecmo's mediocre promotion of the game isn't helping, slowly revealing 1 or 2 characters a month isn't really building up any hype especially after the leaked exe was discovered, shoehorning VF characters isn't gonna help sales any either just visit VFDC and see how little the players their give a damn about playing as akira in what they see as an inferior fighter and it goes both ways, DOA fans aren't gonna magically care about VF because a couple of their characters are in. I plan on getting both games but right now im far more hyped for TTT2

Skilletor

I apoligize Mr. Wah, words can be harsh sometimes. I love this site and community... just sometimes with the DOA hate, I do wonder.

I'd think it would be expected after the quality of DoA4.

The Soul Calibur Community was similarly negative after the release of Soul Calibur 3.

DyByHands

Yeah I understand, nobody wants a repeat of DOA4. But, I have this complex with Team Ninjas games, and take the sometimes harsh critiques to heart... I am still recovering from NG3, lol.

@DontForkWitMe
I actually just got into VF5FS, only because of DOA5. Never before did I care about VF.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
NG3 deserved everything it got and then some. I'm still crushed by how terrible it was. Dead or Alive 4 was not a good DoA but I love the series and the community here at FSD is leaps and bounds better than the previous sites (which continued to be terrible even after I left, so nobody throw that card). So here I'll stay and I'll support what has the potential to be the best DoA yet.

Shinigamimatt

They both got hit pretty hard there...sadly enough, they are making another Tekken live action movie...\

but ya, Tekken takes time to grow on you but it's not really clunky. Play Alisa and you have the best movement in the game...hahaha that and shes really easy to learn.
I recently got Tekken 6 so I'll give her a fair shake.

TRI Mike

Isn't it better to just buy both games and enjoy them both¿ Then if you like TTT2 more stay on that game and if you like DOA5 more stay on our game. I'm really tired of seeing every thread turn into a DOA-hate convo. It's time to move on people.

UnD34D

I'm buying both but I'll tell you which community I go with when I see which one has more money given out. The only reason I hate on DOA is because 4 was trash and T3 and on has always been pretty solid, in one way or another. The best iteration of DOA we saw was 3, and it was shoved into an attic like an deformed step-child.

TRI Mike

TTT2 will definitely sell much more than DOA5. Anyone with a brain in his head knows that. But for me, selling more doesn't necessarily make it a better game. I used to hate on Tekken due to Itagaki's comments but my opinions towards the franchise have changed a lot. I'll be getting both games and will try my hand at TTT2 but I know that even with its problems my main fighter will be DOA5. I want to support the community and my favorite fighting game franchise.

N0rdicNinja

There's a rock solid Tekken community here in VA that I like to support, so I will certainly be getting TTT2 and will attempt to at least be competent in it. If DOA5 comes out to DOA3.1 standards or better I'll invest much more heavily in the DOA scene however as it's one of the franchises I've cared about the most in the past. It doesn't need to be the perfect 3D fighter, but it must show decent progress to make investing worth it and at least give us comfort that whatever comes after it will keep moving in a positive direction.

I believe DOA5 will be a stepping stone to even greater things, I just hope they're taking a far enough step in the right direction.

UnD34D

TTT2 will definitely sell much more than DOA5. Anyone with a brain in his head knows that. But for me, selling more doesn't necessarily make it a better game. I used to hate on Tekken due to Itagaki's comments but my opinions towards the franchise have changed a lot. I'll be getting both games and will try my hand at TTT2 but I know that even with its problems my main fighter will be DOA5. I want to support the community and my favorite fighting game franchise.

I just mean how, for example, DoA4, despite being garbage, was REALLY big for like, a couple months and people everywhere seemed to be throwing money out for it. If I hadn't been out to sea every other day I would've competed like a mother fucker in the BIG tournaments. I'm already throwing down yen at the arcade every weekend for TTT2 here, but I don't think Northern Japan has shit for a scene anyways.

Game Over

^ LOL!

boromir1.jpg

"One does not simply BOO MarkMan."

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD