Lets be serious here Alpha-152 needs to be banned.

Ban her

• Yes

Votes: 108 55.7%
  • No

Votes: 86 44.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Perfect Legend

She has a 70% grab.
A safe 7k flip kick while everyone elses is minus a thousand on block.

She has everything you could need in a character and more.
Holds switch position and put you into the corner and she gets a full combo and sick pressure.

Strings that pretty much never ever end

Sidestepping is nonexistent against her as well.

All of her holds switch position and her parry knocks the opponent into the wall for a guaranteed combo.

3 different critical bursts all at different hit levels.

"Her parries lead you to wall damage beyond belief while her jabs are the fastest in the game. She has STUPID long strings which makes it nearly impossible to defend against her and a VERY fast throw that takes damn near half health. No other character in DOA can do that"

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
For the people who think this kind of thing is OK because Bass could kill someone instantly in 3.1, let me explain the difference here. Bass was slow as fuck. If he got off an overkill throw on you, it's because you attacked at massive disadvantage with your back to a slope/wall against the slowest character in the game and got hit.

If this happened in 3.1, you deserved it.

In DOA 5, Alpha is one of the fastest characters in the game who can be on you before the round even starts. You don't need to make a coherent mistake to get destroyed by her. You don't even have to attack out of disadvantage to get stunned. And you are not reacting to any of it, either.

Whatever happens to you against Alpha, you probably dont deserve it. And she doesn't care, she will rape you anyway. Lack of wakeup kicks doesn't really make up for this. That's my take on it.

lopedo

The quote in the OP came from me.

There is no counter argument to the facts presented by Carl, Rikuto and myself. Anybody that needs a fast pace character to use in DOA has always had Kasumi and Christie, among others. Alpha isn't broken, she's just fucking stupid.

Draw the line, people.

Julius Rage

So you guys are drawing the line after bladez already won all his money?

I'm voting yes, but in the future try not to be so gun shy with this kind of thing. If in 5U someone has some BS stuff then ban it until its patched.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I'm not a fan of banning something until it's been proven too stupid for functionality.

It's been a year, I'm convinced. I've been convinced. But It's not like I've ever been in a strong position to do anything -- after all, if just Rikuto says it, it's just Rikuto being salty.

synce

Blades mostly got the wins with Helena, I've never seen anyone take Alpha to the top from start to finish either in Japan or USA. In fact I barely see Alpha in tourneys. But yeah, TOTALLY broken :rolleyes:

5U may be a different story but 1.03 Alpha is not that great. No one's ever given me trouble because I know the MU very well and don't use slow characters. If you use Bayman or Bass you can't honestly say Alpha is better off than Kasumi or Christie.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I voted the hidden option "Twitter". Maybe if enough noise is made there, this could be addressed before the street date...

I have friends that are Alpha players, after all.

DR2K

For fucks sake ban this garbage character. I'm glad more players have not caught on to how ridiculously stupid she is.

My only play with her is online so that makes me a bit more biased, but it looks like the match up is still pretty terrible offline as well.

Last edited:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
This isn't right. Alpha players still struggle, but it's whatever. In my opinion it's hella weak to ban her just because she makes you mad. Get over it and adapt.

All the likely suspects are voting against her though, and it's kinda funny how a loss can make someone so bitter when even good Alphas typically lose more than they win.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
This isn't right. Alpha players still struggle, but it's whatever. In my opinion it's hella weak to ban her just because she makes you mad. Get over it and adapt.

All the likely suspects are voting against her though, and it's kinda funny how a loss can make someone so bitter when even good Alphas typically lose more than they win.
#inb4hostilebacklash

DR2K

It's not really as black and white as you make it. We're talking about one of the fastest most mobile character in the game, with the highest throw damage, juggle damage, and string manipulation to boot.

She can't use wake up kicks, yes, but outside of that all the advantages she has make for a very lopsided game.

synce

Alpha's not fast. Her fastest mid string is i13 and her 7K is not safe. Also her 236236T isn't 70% life, it's barely 50% in 5U and at i20 it will never be HCH unless you're psychic. Seriously if we're talking 1.03 this has to be a joke thread. If it's 5U, wait at least a month to see what others can do. In 5U Alpha can be KO'd with 2 good juggles. Also that 'amazing' parry can be blocked.

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
Mostly before the ban, I honestly thought that Alpha was terrible. But, since seeing Bladez using Alpha, I can see why she needs to be banned. Most of her moves are considered safe, has long strings, and about 90% rewarding. It's just ridiculous. I would say, ban her for now unless she is seriously nerfed.

Tenryuga

I voted yes. It's difficult to get a read on when it's ok to attack when she's just tossing out strings all day long with deceptive delays and the moment you decide to step you get clipped and put in a bad situation. Let's not forget that she can just parry when she decides to LET you have a chance to attack or when she gets knocked down. People are always like oh Alpha is free at the wall; She has no escape. Then you get parried, rammed into the wall and lose all momentum probably even the fight too. Every move you make on her is a risk. Trying to hold telegraphed string? Possibility of being baited into 30%+ damage from a grab. Blocking too much? You are going to lose a nice chunk of life from any of her grabs. Try to sidestep a long string and you risk getting clipped and get caught in a deep stun. I'm not even going to mention trying to interrupt or crush her strings because there are things she can do to deal with that. She also gets a +8 guard break apart of a string full of mid kicks that can come out at any time (meaning trying to crush it all the time is not the wisest choice) for free.

Then there is her threshold game. Her threshold game is retarded. CB's on 3 different levels. 150 damage mid level throw (100 raw) and 105 damage 3i (Not even 5 or 7i. 3i) throw for the people that think its funny to low hold. If you fear B.U.R.S.T you are taking massive damage from a CB off the mid K or mid P. I don't recall if you get anything off the high in 5 but in 5U she gets a knee from float so she's getting a juggle off that too. If you guess wrong on a CB you are fucked. Gotta pray you get lucky and crush her throw attempt, make the right read or low hold B.U.R.S.T or something.

She has 3 flaws from what I see. A situational wake up kick and no reliable punish throw (She has no 7i grab.) and her holds do no damage. If I am missing something here let me know. Otherwise I'm surprised it took people this long to figure out she is dangerous. Everyone was always saying she was ass.

I also find it hilarious that it's the Alpha players saying she's ass. I would like to see mirrors between them sometime and see how that goes. Teach us how to deal with Alpha.

I'll gladly change my opinion if I see characters get even half as ridiculous as she is or If I see a solid strategy to take her down.

Last edited:

Blackburry

Standard Donor
Alpha's not fast. Her fastest mid string is i13 and her 7K is not safe. Also her 236236T isn't 70% life, it's barely 50% in 5U and at i20 it will never be HCH unless you're psychic. Seriously if we're talking 1.03 this has to be a joke thread. If it's 5U, wait at least a month to see what others can do. In 5U Alpha can be KO'd with 2 good juggles. Also that 'amazing' parry can be blocked.

Yeah I could have sworn that the damage on that throw was nerfed after the patch. 70% sounds pretty ludicrous.

This character is super frustrating, but I don't know if I'd say she is exactly broken. I don't have an opinion on this ban yet. I mean the only person using the character offline is XCalibur Bladez.

Tenryuga

7K according to the frame data is -5 (-3 at tip range). The guard break variant is -2. Is this data wrong?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD