Lets be serious here Alpha-152 needs to be banned.

Ban her

• Yes

Votes: 108 55.7%
  • No

Votes: 86 44.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Go ahead and play Lopedo or XCaliburblade when they're using Alpha and then tell me if you think she is fair or not.
Honestly, I saw that Alpha-152 mirror match and it wasn't all that good. Quite frankly, Alpha-152 is boring to watch because of how predictable she is. But that's what happens when you use a no mix up mix up character.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
...I don't even know where to begin with this...
That's just my opinion. I saw nothing new in that Alpha-152 mirror match nor anything exciting. I got more hyped when I saw Rachel vs. Helena.

Brute

Standard Donor
That's just my opinion. I saw nothing new in that Alpha-152 mirror match nor anything exciting. I got more hyped when I saw Rachel vs. Helena.
The things you're talking about have nothing to do with how "fair" or effective she is.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
The things you're talking about have nothing to do with how "fair" or effective she is.
I believe Alpha-152 is fair because she lacks the teleport of her boss version. Like I said earlier, if players could abuse that skill and teleport at will, then it would be a different story. But she lacks wake up kick and can only teleport via counter. Her moves are easy to read and counter with practice. Is she effective? That's a matter of opinion. IMO, she's effective at psyching less skilled players out because they don't know how to fight her.

Dr Drake

I believe Alpha-152 is fair because she lacks the teleport of her boss version. Like I said earlier, if players could abuse that skill and teleport at will, then it would be a different story. But she lacks wake up kick and can only teleport via counter. Her moves are easy to read and counter with practice. Is she effective? That's a matter of opinion. IMO, she's effective at psyching less skilled players out because they don't know how to fight her.

i agree with u in every point of Alpha, since the nerfs hit her harder than i tought and it´s also just a matter practice against her.

David Gregg

I don't know why this thread still exists still either but might as well chime in it's been a while. ;) Even though I voted "No" on banning Alpha, I don't think she's fair by any definition of the word. On the contrary, she has clear advantages over many other characters and for those of you saying only unskilled players can't fight against her, well maybe you're just playing against unskilled Alphas. The only reason why I'm opposed to banning her is because there are several other characters who I feel have an upper advantage over the rest of the cast as well and only banning her would then be unfair. But yeah if she was the only one I'd say ban the b****.

Brute

Standard Donor
I don't know why this thread still exists still either but might as well chime in it's been a while. ;) Even though I voted "No" on banning Alpha, I don't think she's fair by any definition of the word. On the contrary, she has clear advantages over many other characters and for those of you saying only unskilled players can't fight against her, well maybe you're just playing against unskilled Alphas. The only reason why I'm opposed to banning her is because there are several other characters who I feel have an upper advantage over the rest of the cast as well and only banning her would then be unfair. But yeah if she was the only one I'd say ban the b****.
Fair point, actually.

MasterHavik

so alpha won't be banned i suppose? Welp another movement that died. If this was the SC community Jaxel would be the first to ban something like this.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Is this all you ever talk about on FSD?
If you're referring to Havik, no.

When it comes to him, all roads leads to Zack, comparing other characters to Zack, or someone he mains in another fighting game that even remotely plays like Zack. And should he be called out on it, he'll deny it all the same just to spite that person. Oh, and he'll sometimes think everyone's against him when they aren't, though he's working on believing the latter. But that's all.

David Gregg

When it comes to him, all roads leads to Zack, comparing other characters to Zack, or someone he mains in another fighting game that even remotely plays like Zack. And should he be called out on it, he'll deny it all the same just to spite that person. Oh, and he'll sometimes think everyone's against him when they aren't, though he's working on believing the latter. But that's all.
I like Havik but LOL, Awesmic. XD Speaking the truth.

Mestizo

Standard Donor
still dont get why this ho hasnt been banned yet (no offense doan). wake up kicks in many ways are often a detriment rather than a blessing (especially in local play where they can be reacted to vs online guessing) and alpha not having em is no big deal. Having kasumi strikes and more powerful throws than tina is beyond ridiculous.

tournament devolving into alpha clone matches is...just lol. Maybe she is ok for offline play where counters are much more viable. But alpha needs to go away from online play, she is ridiculous and too much is safe for her.

MasterHavik

Is this all you ever talk about on FSD? She's not getting banned... no character is.
uh...no? Where have you been dog?

WTF dude? That wasn't cool...and please tell me how i compare other characters to who i main in other games to zack? I don't Ratchet, Raven, Tager, Algol, or Talim.(Well maybe Talim because of speed and stance mixup.) but for the most part compare to Zack dude. But once again this community writes me as a Zack fanboy. EVERY FUCKING TIME dude...it's not that I think people are against me dude. It's that I'm written off as a Zack fanboy and that's it. Jesus it's like you people have a problem with me playing and loving the character. What no one is suppose to play zack because he's a joke a character? Or is it because he isn't as cool as other characters? Oh wait even better is it because no one is suppose to take him serious?

Well listen up Awesmic and everyone else i like Zack and will like the character. He is one of my favorite fighting game characters for as long as I have played fighters. If you got a fucking problem with that you go fuck yourself and jump off a cliff. Because you guys need to stay the fuck out of my business. Who I choose ot play and like shouldn't concern you.

I'm getting sick of this shit dude.

RiBu

There's 35 pages of this now, so sorry if this has been repeated by now. Figure it has, but I feel like this should be the heart of this discussion.

I'm in the school of thought that bans should fall directly with what the majority of the community that is willing to go to events want. The problem with this I think is that with such a small community overall, and with the majority of that particular group not being as vocal about how they feel about the character nothing will really change. This is not to say high level players, just the group of players who are actively going out for this game to majors.

I can say a plethora of stuff about how I feel about the character, but since I don't have too many plans to travel to events I can't really push that I would have a say in a community driven decision to ban this character from competitive play.

I did some looking around, but I can't really find too many tournament results besides TFC. If the game isn't really getting too much love at majors I'd probably just forget about it entirely; there isn't enough going on to warrant any kind of change to the rule set structure...

Awesmic

Standard Donor
uh...no? Where have you been dog?
WTF dude? That wasn't cool...and please tell me how i compare other characters to who i main in other games to zack? I don't Ratchet, Raven, Tager, Algol, or Talim.(Well maybe Talim because of speed and stance mixup.) but for the most part compare to Zack dude. But once again this community writes me as a Zack fanboy. EVERY FUCKING TIME dude...it's not that I think people are against me dude. It's that I'm written off as a Zack fanboy and that's it. Jesus it's like you people have a problem with me playing and loving the character. What no one is suppose to play zack because he's a joke a character? Or is it because he isn't as cool as other characters? Oh wait even better is it because no one is suppose to take him serious?

Well listen up Awesmic and everyone else i like Zack and will like the character. He is one of my favorite fighting game characters for as long as I have played fighters. If you got a fucking problem with that you go fuck yourself and jump off a cliff. Because you guys need to stay the fuck out of my business. Who I choose ot play and like shouldn't concern you.

I'm getting sick of this shit dude.
I see...

It looks like a PM is in order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD