"Let's Move!" The Lisa Video Thread!

Gruff757

Standard Donor
Went back to VF for a while (♥), and came back to discover this. My reaction to that video: :eek::eek::eek:

I can't read the frame data at the bottom because of the low quality, but it looks like the game was sped up ever so slightly?

Things i noticed from the Lisa vid(and i maybe totally wrong):
8P sidesteps (very cool!)
booty bump on BT opponent causes crumple stun :eek:
irish whip throw can be followed by i14 mid (unsure of this but it worked in the vid)
BT 7P is a CB! now :eek:
Carrera OH no longer requires Carrera? (0:23, unsure)

That's all i could notice for now. Anyone else see anything?
Thank goodness!

Very nice!

I sure do hope so

Is it me or does BT: 7P look way more appealing as a CB?

And the OH has always been like that, it was a short run Carrera into the OH :)

Uuhhhh it looks like BT :4::P::+::K: is guranteed after :6::4::H+P:

synce

No apparent nerfs, that's great.... Love the new possibilities from 9k and 64t, although the latter is now 11i instead of 6i to compensate for the guaranteed juggle. 44t is still 6i so probably no buff there but who knows. I don't know what's up with 8p, either they sped it up or you can do it from SS now? Honestly I rarely used it so idk lol

Would've loved for neutral BT grab to be OH but maybe that's asking too much. The new Lisa seems beastly, I'm excited to use her again.

Nuke-Nin

I noticed in the vid that 5KKK :5: BT7P will be a CB combo it was epic considering KKK causes unholdable sit-down stun :lisa:

synce

Yeah bruh, BT CB is a nice little buff isn't it... 15 extra damage over the previously guaranteed 4p in that kkk setup. With a powerblow it's even more. Also fear of the new CB may lead to more mid punch counters when you're in BT, meaning more BT 7k launchers for all :)

Batcommander

Thank goodness!

Very nice!

I sure do hope so

Is it me or does BT: 7P look way more appealing as a CB?

And the OH has always been like that, it was a short run Carrera into the OH :)

Uuhhhh it looks like BT :4::P::+::K: is guranteed after :6::4::H+P:
BT 7P is faster than the other CB, so yes, it is much better, can't wait! Now people have something to look out for when we're BT; this should discourage people that just love spamming low hold against BT.

booty bump was always guaranteed after 64 throw, but it didn't give enough advantage to give anything but another booty bump for crap damage. Basically all 64 throw did was give a guaranteed 30 damage from the first booty bump, with some frame advantage as a bonus. Pretty weak sauce, but does allow for some creativity i suppose.

No apparent nerfs, that's great.... Love the new possibilities from 9k and 64t, although the latter is now 11i instead of 6i to compensate for the guaranteed juggle. 44t is still 6i so probably no buff there but who knows. I don't know what's up with 8p, either they sped it up or you can do it from SS now? Honestly I rarely used it so idk lol

Would've loved for neutral BT grab to be OH but maybe that's asking too much. The new Lisa seems beastly, I'm excited to use her again.

Damn, knew the leap frog throw couldn't remain at i6 with the new changes. But still, i assume it will do more damage than normal hit Deja Vu, so now we have a better i12 punish.:cool:

synce

The damage could definitely be scary on HCH... Probably over 120? I'm too lazy to do the math

Batcommander

The damage could definitely be scary on HCH... Probably over 120? I'm too lazy to do the math
Hmm, i'm unsure atm. Do zero damage throws even get anything if they are HCT? I don't think the follow up attacks get any damage bonuses, and you sure as hell don't get any extra frame advantage. Guess we'll see tho when 1.03 hits!;)

synce

Good question, I just know with Pai if you do her 24t into guaranteed juggle everything gets HCH bonus even though the throw isn't included into the combo hit count... But it's not a 0 damage throw, it does 5 damage.

If we do get HCH bonus people will REALLY have to fear Lisa's throws now! I think it only makes sense though, since Pai is a striker and that HCH throw setup can do well over 100 damage

Tones

Premium Donor
Carrera throw? Carrera is just a shortcut to enter running stance. It's a while running throw, and you could always do while running things with that distance, which is about 3 steps... about the same as mid distance range.

8p doesn't side step she side stepped then 8p which means 1- it has fast recovery 2-you may be able to free cancel in the sidestep to prevent a sidestep attacks coming out.

kkk was sort of crap. Doesn't really change much because it's still crap. Slow, interruptable, side stepable. What it does do is to get some decent damage in once every 2-3 games. A crappy tool, but still a tool. Definately not a trump card. I like it because it's a pretty balanced buff.

Actually, what I just said describes Brad Wong pretty well.

Batcommander

Carrera throw? Carrera is just a shortcut to enter running stance. It's a while running throw, and you could always do while running things with that distance, which is about 3 steps... about the same as mid distance range.

8p doesn't side step she side stepped then 8p which means 1- it has fast recovery 2-you may be able to free cancel in the sidestep to prevent a sidestep attacks coming out.

kkk was sort of crap. Doesn't really change much because it's still crap. Slow, interruptable, side stepable. What it does do is to get some decent damage in once every 2-3 games. A crappy tool, but still a tool. Definately not a trump card. I like it because it's a pretty balanced buff.

Actually, what I just said describes Brad Wong pretty well.
You're right about that, upon watching the vid again, it appears Lisa sidestepped then did 8p. Maybe it's usable during sidestep now?

McNamara

Just keeping the thread alive. Feedback is very much appreciated

Certainly you´ll enjoy the next patch because every time you´re behind the back of an opponent you do her nalgada tecnica (BT 4p+k), and you´ll get a pretty limbo stun.

I´m looking forward to see you win this tournament and become the best DOA 5 Mexican player.

Karraz

And I'm not very proud of this fight, but here's the video of the final, in my opinion, I think I played HORRIBLE, I was too nervous and.. well, you just watch it.

Karraz

Thanks!! I'm waiting the update so bad so I can get some new combos and try this new Lisa, everyone´s saying she'll be high tier though, I don't know what to expect :(

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD