Lets talk about redesigns

Status
Not open for further replies.
btw soul calibur also got the same stage..
If you're talking about Maxi and Cervantes' stage from Soul Calibur II a.k.a Pirates' Alcove, then yeah. That one as well. =3

latest

Brute

Standard Donor
This annoys me as well. They ripped Rig's and Hitomi's costumes straight out of DOA5. That is so lazy...

giphy.gif
If you asked me to choose between having Rig's old default return or him getting a new garbage get-up like Kasumi, I'd take the former any day.

What annoys me in this case is that unlike some characters' older costumes, the gi is not really unique or interesting in any way. It was fine as an alternate, but TN has a funny way of trying to make Hitomi increasingly more bland in both character and appearance with each installment.

Ceviche

Leifang is looking really good <3 and that Hitomi's outfit was my favourite, so I'm glad it's back. Like for Rig, a new outfit would have been nice because they all look really good so far, but most characters' DOA5 vanilla outfits were nice as well, so I don't mind if some characters retain their past outfit as their primary DOA6 outfit.

The new stage looks beautiful, but I need them to show us an Asian looking stage, they are always my favourite. :)

Dionysus

I don't normally go for gaudy colours like that yellow, but I like Lei Fang's new face and outfit (probably will be colour options anyway). Hitomi looks much the same to me, maybe her eyes are set higher on her face? Looking good. And laughing in advance at anyone saying that the midriff-bearing, skin-tight leggings outfit for Lei Fang isn't sexual enough, though luckily most seem to have lost interest.

Tina2040_

I love Leifang's new costume! Though I think it would've looked way cooler if the sneakers were bright yellow too...
:leifang:

I'm not mad with Hitomi's reused outfit, as long as they don't give Tina that USA bra and jeans combo again. Stage is ok too, but too similar to what has been seen in Namco games in the past.

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

Those leaks sure came out of no where, Regardless I'm still hyped to see it all in action in the trailer for the actual official reveal. Leifang looks so good, Her like Bruce Lee sporty outfit is so beautiful and While Hitomi 's outfit isn't new I feel like she looks more mature now. god

And oh my god that pirate stage is everything! Great to have seen our first doa6 stage thats multi level and has danger zones, The kraken really adds to the whole stage, It's cool to see more fantastical elements in stages.

Trailer is out here -

Looks so good! :D

Last edited:

Leifang12

Those leaks sure came out of no where, Regardless I'm still hyped to see it all in action in the trailer for the actual official reveal. Leifang looks so good, Her like Bruce Lee sporty outfit is so beautiful and While Hitomi 's outfit isn't new I feel like she looks more mature now. god

And oh my god that pirate stage is everything! Great to have seen our first doa6 stage thats multi level and has danger zones, The kraken really adds to the whole stage, It's cool to see more fantastical elements in stages.

Trailer is out here -

Looks so good! :D

YAAAAAS!! Leifang is back!!! And I love her new low sabaki counter !!!!!!!!!!!!! Her animation for the new S button looks good too!

Hitomi is nice, but she doesn’t look too different ! I feel like they changed her face quite a bit actually !! The Karate Gi is a bit boring and I don’t know why that’s her main outfit but whatever !

UpSideDownGRUNT

YAAAAAS!! Leifang is back!!! And I love her new low sabaki counter !!!!!!!!!!!!! Her animation for the new S button looks good too!

Hitomi is nice, but she doesn’t look too different ! I feel like they changed her face quite a bit actually !! The Karate Gi is a bit boring and I don’t know why that’s her main outfit but whatever !
Her face got a redesign, its a little longer and she shows a bit more Asian heritage but still a white girl lol

just_me

Standard Donor
Stage looks great and even the music sounds good imo XD

I really like Leifangs outfit, it also seems they did not forget her belly button lol

Hitomi's Gi is a bit bland as expected… black top with the larger, golden eagle… problem solved (for me at least).

Can't wait for gamescom's public days… I assume the game still flies under the radar compared to many other titles, so that means more time for me to play :p

edit: I knew someone would nitpick that both do a scissor kick during their respective intros lol

Last edited:

HHH816

hmm..from the trailer

i like how the squid give her the squeeze than throw her down

i can't see any cloth damage or bruise maybe because is too far.

no story mode interaction like diego (probably there will be a longer video)

and stiff boobies though:(

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I think Leifang looks absolutely stunning, they gave her lighter eyes, lighter hair and made her skin yellow ish. Leifang is finally looking more like a Chinese girl. I personally can’t wait to see how Kokoro, Nyotengu, Ayane, Momiji and Raidou look like!

I made a direct comparison of DOA5 and DOA6 Leifang:

a0hek79wciehd6nzg.jpg

It shows again, that while the characters superficially look the same, the character models are improved all around. The top of the head is much rounder now, the braids are modelled more smoothely as well, the ear shape is different, there are now earlobes, the irises are now much more detailed and the face is much more animated as we see on the eyes and mouth. Before anyone mentions her eyes being narrower and her mouth being wider, that's very likely due to her facial expression being much more emotive.
Leifang looks more Asian with the narrow eyes, she has very round eyes in 5 and it makes her look less Asian. I’m glad they’re making her look more Asian by narrowing the eyes more. Her eyes were too round in 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD