Lets talk about redesigns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cadaveri

Hmm new stage looks pretty cool. Sadly It seems they have ditched the lighting from E3 build for keeps(still looks very good though)

Leclair

I made a direct comparison of DOA5 and DOA6 Leifang:

a0hek79wciehd6nzg.jpg

im loving the new models/engine. leilei is that bih ~ you make one with hitomi/helena/kasumi~ ❤️

Cadaveri

https://www.4gamer.net/games/422/G042216/20180820033/

new interview, use google chrome to translate (or copypaste to google translate xd)

4Gamer:
 Thank you for your time today.
 First of all, please tell us about the development status of the current "DOA 6". I got an answer of "8%" at the time of June interview.

Mr. Yohei Niibori (Mr. Niibori):
 Actually it is not advanced so much, it's about 15%. However, there are parts that are progressing under the water, so if you include it, it may be said to be "around 20%".

Last edited:

Leclair

But the gi is made of concrete :confused:
i hope the ps4 is powerful enough to render realistic hair/cloth physics simultaneously. Doa5/la physics is garbage

new interview, use google chrome to translate (or copypaste to google translate xd)

4Gamer:
 First of all, please tell us about the development status of the current "DOA 6". I got an answer of "8%" at the time of June interview.

Actually it is not advanced so much, it's about 15%. However, there are parts that are progressing under the water, so if you include it, it may be said to be "around 20%".

15-20%? Early 2019?? Right....
9mFhuTv.gif

Last edited:

Leifang

I love how they finally gave her an outfit in her favorite color lemon yellow xD I also love the heel sneakers too, I think they went with those because her normal cheongasm dress always had heels in it
I agree with you, I'm was happy she's wearing her favorite color as well. As for her tennis shoes heels, I believe you're right. lol Keeping it real Leifang stole the show in terms of fighting moves and costume design. At first I thought Hitomi was gonna take the crown in the trailer, but nope. Leifang new combo and super outshined her. Last and not least, the animation in this game is wonderful including the new pirate ship stage. :)

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
i hope the ps4 is powerful enough to render realistic hair/cloth physics simultaneously. Doa5/lr physics is garbage
I think the cloth in DOA5 moves good, it just has clipping issues. The hair is bad because it doesn't have weight to it, and it's too thin but they seem to be fixing that in 6 cuz some girl on Twitter named Aileen said Leifang's braids don't move as slow as they do in DOA5, and I noticed Kasumi's ponytail(for the most part anyway...) also moves like it's weighted down rather than like a bird feather in DOA5 xD
I agree with you, I'm was happy she's wearing her favorite color as well. As for her tennis shoes heels, I believe you're right. lol Keeping it real Leifang stole the show in terms of fighting moves and costume design. At first I thought Hitomi was gonna take the crown in the trailer, but nope. Leifang new combo and super outshined her. Last and not least, the animation in this game is wonderful including the new pirate ship stage. :)
Yeah Leifang definitely has the best current design in DOA6, sorry Kasumi, Kasumi is the bi icon queen in my eyes but Leifang snatched her crown for best outfit so far!:eek: Hitomi and Hayate I would say have the worst in my eyes since they don't fit my criteria

Also the new pirate stage has some AMAZING lighting as well, it looks really good when you see the characters near the fire since it looks so advanced and dynamic! If they keep this up DOA6 will definitely be the best looking fighter on my list when it drops(Although at this point I would say it is already) xD

Leifang

I think the cloth in DOA5 moves good, it just has clipping issues. The hair is bad because it doesn't have weight to it, and it's too thin but they seem to be fixing that in 6 cuz some girl on Twitter named Aileen said Leifang's braids don't move as slow as they do in DOA5, and I noticed Kasumi's ponytail(for the most part anyway...) also moves like it's weighted down rather than like a bird feather in DOA5 xD
Yeah Leifang definitely has the best current design in DOA6, sorry Kasumi, Kasumi is the bi icon queen in my eyes but Leifang snatched her crown for best outfit so far!:eek: Hitomi and Hayate I would say have the worst in my eyes since they don't fit my criteria

Also the new pirate stage has some AMAZING lighting as well, it looks really good when you see the characters near the fire since it looks so advanced and dynamic! If they keep this up DOA6 will definitely be the best looking fighter on my list when it drops(Although at this point I would say it is already) xD
lol I agee, from the looks of it, Dead or alive 6 is looking like the best 3D fighter. The beauty of it, it's not even close to finish yet.

SaihateDYNAMO

I was kinda hoping the new stage would have been more... expansive? IDK, it's still giving me a "DOA5 vanilla" vibe in terms of how it's basically 2 plain boxes with a wacky shenanigan Danger Zone to make up for it. I was expecting the whole ship to get explored or something LMAO, The leaked stage screenshot even made it seem like there might have been stairs/slopes on both sides of the arena too... but whatever.
we're gonna get kingdom hearts'd
late 2020 here we come!!

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor

4Gamer:

Interview was done at Evo by the way. I'm only saying that because people might think that due to the timing, the interview happened today at Gamescom, which it didn't.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor

4Gamer:

Yeah, DOA6 is definitely bound to release in March.

Ninoasker

15-20%? Early 2019?? Right....
9mFhuTv.gif
They went from a 8% in June to a 20% in just two months. I know nothing about gaming creation but I'd say this is pretty fast for a game development. Deadline is March 2019, so they have plenty of time if they keep working like this.
For now, they probably are busy in making the new assets (and retouching old ones they are porting) and messing with the actual game mechanics. After that's done (it clearly is their priority since it is the base of the game after all lol), they'll be able to work even faster since all they'd have to do is just model things like the new costumes and stages, mess with the models' rigging to perfect them for the release fix Hitomi's hair ffs and just do some things here and there.

HHH816

when the game gears towards e-sport , there will be limitation and restrained on creativity on stages because good e-sport title favors consistency in game-play.

Brute

Standard Donor

Is nobody gonna talk about Hitomi's changes? they redesigned her face again.
Her face got a redesign, its a little longer and she shows a bit more Asian heritage but still a white girl lol
They didn't redesign anything. Just upped the poly-count and texture resolution like they have with literally every other character.

So to answer your question: nobody's talking about it because it doesn't exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD