Lets talk about redesigns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boogie

i wouldnt count nyo and phase as part of the main roaster for the deluxe costumes because you still have to preorder to get Nyo. so its possible to get the deluxe edition, get phase 4 but not nyo.

so we have 15 characters for the main roster so far

1. Kasumi
2. Hayate
3. Ayane
4. Ryu
5. Helena
6. Hitomi
7. Leifang
8. Jann Lee
9. Rig
10. Diego
12. Bayman
13. Zack
14. Marie Rose
15. Honoka

16. Lisa
17. Kokoro

18. Christie
19. New Girl
20. Eliot
21. Brad
22. Tina
23. Bass
24. Mila

25. Momiji/Leon/Rachel/Gen Fu

26. Boss Character/Raidou
27. Nyo
28. Phase 4

Last edited:

RetroMe91

I don’t think they would say there are 25 characters in the game and be including dlc characters. I think they were saying that there are 25 characters in the base game. I think Boogie’s list is completely accurate. We likely not see Leon, Gen Fu, Ein, or Raidou in the initial lineup. Momiji and Rachel are popular in their own right and would be easily implemented into the story. Gen Fu no longer has relevance and Leon hasn’t been in the picture since his story ended (sadly). Ein no longer exists. That’s just the reality of the situation. Raidou, Leon, and Gen Fu would be the perfect characters to use as test subjects for selling male characters as dlc. You know there will be people who will buy them for either nostalgia purpose or completionist purpose.

KwonJigglypuff

Momiji and Rachel would sell more as DLCs than Leon, Gen Fu, or Raidou combined.

It's not a big deal anyway since all of them are gonna be in the game someday. The fans are very vocal.

All of them have potential in terms of story telling, appearance makeover and gameplay redesign.

I want to see Leon's trenchcoat, Gen Fu's purple C2 (DOA2), that's something fans have requested for these veterans for years.
Raidou has a lot of potential and is linked to the ninjas AND Honoka, so he has a lot of potential to be DOA6's ultimate boss.
Momiji and Rachel can have their seperate DLC stories later, as Ryu's allies, meeting several other characters through the process (Momiji can be Honoka's mum, Rachel can be Leon's rival/hinted lover..)

So I'm gonna say 25 characters with either Gen Fu dead (giving new objectives and moves to Eliot) or a revamped Raidou you can unlock by beating him in story mode. But to me, Leon is in. They are not gonna let us send massive petitions on Twitter twice.

And if we need guys for DLCs, there will be males. Hopefully and probably.
And new girls as well. We'll get some for sure, including either Misaki, Fiona, Luna and Tamaki (or all of them). Get ready for them to hype these new female products.

Last edited:

RetroMe91

DOA5 launched with 24 characters on the base game, 3 of which were guest characters. I doubt they will launch the newest installment with less characters. Honestly, if we take all 21 DOA characters from DOA5 and add 2 new characters, that’s 23. Hypothetically, they might do that for the base game, but that would anger many people, but adding two more to the base game and making one popular female a preorder insentive (giving 26 characters at launch) and an easy gimmick character for the deluxe version (making 27 at launch) would be very smart. Sure, they could add Leon and Raidou, but that seems less likely than Rachel and Momiji. Who knows though.. time will tell.

Also if they don’t add at least Momiji or Rachel to the base roster and it is 25 characters, then there will be more male characters, which the article posted before said there are more females this time around.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
i wouldnt count nyo and phase as part of the main roaster for the deluxe costumes because you still have to preorder to get Nyo. so its possible to get the deluxe edition, get phase 4 but not nyo.

so we have 15 characters for the main roster so far

1. Kasumi
2. Hayate
3. Ayane
4. Ryu
5. Helena
6. Hitomi
7. Leifang
8. Jann Lee
9. Rig
10. Diego
12. Bayman
13. Zack
14. Marie Rose
15. Honoka

16. Lisa
17. Kokoro

18. Christie
19. New Girl
20. Eliot
21. Brad
22. Tina
23. Bass
24. Momiji

25. Leon/Rachel/Gen Fu

26. Boss Character/Raidou
27. Nyo
28. Phase 4

Swap Momiji for Gen Fu and you have the right list. ;)

RetroMe91

Ok. After looking at the original cast, cutting the Virtua Fighters of course. Most logical bet is that it’s the entire original 21 DOA characters from the base game of DOA5, adding Marie Rose, Honoka, and two new characters.

Which would look like this:
1. Kasumi
2. Helena
3. Ryu
4. Hayate
5. Zack
6. Jann Lee
7. Rig
8. Diego
9. Hitomi
10. Leifang
11. Ayane
12. Honoka
13. Marie Rose
14. Bayman

15. Lisa
16. Kokoro

17. Tina
18. Mila
19. Bass
20. Christie
21. Eliot
22. Brad
23. Gen Fu
24. New Girl

25. Alpha (but I would venture to say they could swap Alpha with Leon/Momiji/Rachel/Raidou)

26. Nytengu (preorder)
27. Phase 4

DLC beyond launch....

So looking at it, yes Momiji and Rachel will likely be DLC. I am also not ruling Leon and/or Raidou as DLC out. They are acting like they are trying to appease the fan service fans and the competitive fans, so that’s one way to do it. This is my prediction. Hopefully my rambling in previous posts didn’t confuse anyone too much.

Last edited:

human013

Doubtful but I want a new hidden character that has to be unlocked like Susanoo in BBCF. When people found him they were losing it because no one expected it

Boogie

HEH i didn't realize i missed 11 but i had added swapped mila for momiji.

i just....really can't see gen fu coming back if they were cutting main characters. he's the least used character. no one barely uses him in tournament play from what i've seen. he's had the least costumes submitted in contests and eliot plays similar and better.

versus momiji, leon and rachel who are miles more popular.

*SHRUG*

RetroMe91

HEH i didn't realize i missed 11 but i had added swapped mila for momiji.

i just....really can't see gen fu coming back if they were cutting main characters. he's the least used character. no one barely uses him in tournament play from what i've seen. he's had the least costumes submitted in contests and eliot plays similar and better.

versus momiji, leon and rachel who are miles more popular.

*SHRUG*
Honestly, in my list I would prefer to replace Gen Fu with Momiji and Alpha for Rachel. I want Leon back, but unless they make him relevant, I don’t see it happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD